Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #1

Extended Service Company Failure

A bit of FYI for the forum members. On November 13, 2012 Go RV Network, the parent company of Go RV Warranty and other RV related service companies, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in the West Texas District court. This group has a long history of questionable business practices including misuse of client’s funds, failure to pay refunds, lying about coverages, etc. For two weeks prior to filing they told affiliated companies that they were having trouble with their phones and couldn’t return calls. Actually, they had released most of the staff and were preparing their bankruptcy filing. None of the phones are answered and most of the e-mails and web sites are no longer functional. Good luck if you have anything pending with them or their affiliated companies.

Van & Nancy Pennington
2006 Diplomat 40 PDQ

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Another reason not to buy a service policy I guess.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:17 AM   #3

As with most Service Plans...

The promise in in the BIG PRINT.

But the small print (written by those that are ALWAYS paid, the lawyers) taketh away!
GWinger
Old 11-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Does anybody here have a service plan bought through them? Who is the actual insurer (underwriter)? GO RV may only be the brokers rather than the insurer. If that were the case, their bankruptcy would have no effect on the policy.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #5

Gary,
I have a policy with GOODSAM. I have had one minor claim which they did pay quite quickly. However, my maintenance records are not the best. I have kept the receipts for the past year, and have written record of all maintenance done since we had owned the coach (27000 miles then, 96000 miles now). How difficult is it to have a major claim for an engine, turbo, transmission, etc.? Also have added the seals coverage because of the age of the unit-1999. Are these people good people or am I wasting my money.
All comments are welcome.
Regards,
JimB
Old 11-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
That sucks! I suppose the good news is that I have cancelled my policy with them and the are no longer getting payments. The bad news is that I may not get a refund. At least I did get a claim from them that was nearly equal to my contract price.

SIGH!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDISCOVERY View Post
Gary,
I have a policy with GOODSAM. I have had one minor claim which they did pay quite quickly. However, my maintenance records are not the best. I have kept the receipts for the past year, and have written record of all maintenance done since we had owned the coach (27000 miles then, 96000 miles now). How difficult is it to have a major claim for an engine, turbo, transmission, etc.? Also have added the seals coverage because of the age of the unit-1999. Are these people good people or am I wasting my money.
Regards,
JimB
Keep all receipts for every thing, if you have $100 worth of groceries with one qt of oil on it, keep it. I do my own maintenance and therefore keep my own maintenance records. Excel is great for this and what I used. Of course if you have work at a shop, keep those receipts. I fought for more than a month, maybe 2 when my engine blew, They looked for any loophole they could find to get out of paying $13,000. They even said to me, "how do we know all these receipts are for the MH?", I said, "well you have to take my word for it, do you want me to have my wife take pictures of me pouring oil into the engine?"
It was a huge pain and both of us knew $14000 was worth fighting for and I had correspondence with the Div of Insurance in CO and NY plus the BBB in both states; but Interstate Star finally paid $12,600 leaving me to pay $1400 even though I had a $50 deductible.
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Someone said these contracts are Biblaco... Meaning the LARGE print giveth and the small print taketh away. Like most insurance companies when yiou have a claim they'll bust your butt trying to deny the claim. Put the premium money in the bank, save for that day. it may never happen, but if something goes wrong, pay your own claim without any bull. We've looked at almost every policy, sent to my attorny and not one policy really insures that you will be paid or reimbrusted for a problem. Attorny said in each case, save your money. Are you aware that many of the dealer sold contracts the selling dealer receives as much as 50% comission. Save a buck, invest in yourself and good maintenance on your unit. ed
Old 11-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Does anybody here have a service plan bought through them? Who is the actual insurer (underwriter)? GO RV may only be the brokers rather than the insurer. If that were the case, their bankruptcy would have no effect on the policy.
Go RV Warranty represented a number of Warranty companies. I know for sure they represented CSI Allegiance. As you correctly stated they are just the broker. CSI's administrator and obligor is Autoguard of Dublin, OH. The policy is backed by American Bankers Insurance in FL.

Go RV takes the premium and pays it to Autoguard. From that point forward their only involvement should be assisting you with claims if needed. Claims however are not submitted to GO RV they would be submitted to the policy administrator, Autoguard in this example or CSI. Go RV, like any broker would be there to assist in communicating with the administrator.

Those that are in danger due to Go RV's bankruptcy filing would be those who submitted premium payments to Go RV who failed to forward the fund on to the administrator therefore causing the policy to be in default or not issued.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
Someone said these contracts are Biblaco... Meaning the LARGE print giveth and the small print taketh away. Like most insurance companies when yiou have a claim they'll bust your butt trying to deny the claim. Put the premium money in the bank, save for that day. it may never happen, but if something goes wrong, pay your own claim without any bull. We've looked at almost every policy, sent to my attorny and not one policy really insures that you will be paid or reimbrusted for a problem. Attorny said in each case, save your money. Are you aware that many of the dealer sold contracts the selling dealer receives as much as 50% comission. Save a buck, invest in yourself and good maintenance on your unit. ed
While a good idea in theory, a good exclusionary policy that also covers consequential damages runs around $4000.00 for 4 years/100,000 miles. Hard to put away $4000.00 and hope it grows to $15,000.00 to $30,000 to cover the cost of a new diesel engine.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Gary,
Regards,
JimB
Quite a few of the policies I have read will not allow you buy supplies in bulk that would be used to cover more than one maintenance cycle. If your engine requires 5 gallons of oil per oil change they will not accept a receipt for 10 gallons with you explaining that was for 2 maintenance cycles. THey want a receipt for 5 gallons with dates closely matching the claimed maintenance. Obviously this would include filters, etc...
Old 11-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am sure this has been said before. If you owned or invested in a service contract company, you would expect to make money. This comes from 100 people buying the policy and only 10 of them getting more than they paid for it.

It's pretty simple, the odds are against you coming out ahead buying an extended warranty. The peace of mind is what you can not put a price on. For folks who need that, it is a good value.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Gary,
Regards,
JimB
You may want to check your policy and see just exactly what's covered.
I didn't get a policy from them because they told me vehicles were NOT covered because they don't insure RV over 10 years old. Of course, that doesn't stop they from filling my mailbox with junk mail though.
GWinger
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Exclamation

Come on, folks! Several of these posts are WAY off topic. This thread is about the Go-RVing bankruptcy and the possible impact on the extended service policies they sold.

It is NOT for discussions of other warranty providers or their products.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
service