Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #1

extended warranties

Would like to know which extended warranty you have and your and pros and cons on the one you have..ours was with national and they are no longer doing them so we have been told. We got a quote from a company that lazy days says has taken their place for 2500.00 for one year (12,000 miles) , would appreciate a discussion of what your company is charging , above seems high to us as our previous was 2300.00 for 4 1/2 years. Thanks
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #2

When we bought our used CC about 17 months ago we got a 3 year or 30,000 miles ExtraRide Platinum policy. IMHO they are a great company to do business with.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #3

I do not believe in extended warrantys. Put your money in a bank account and you will be farther ahead of the game.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
When we bought our used CC about 17 months ago we got a 3 year or 30,000 miles ExtraRide Platinum policy. IMHO they are a great company to do business with.

do you have a phone number for them or contact info? thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

We have an RV Shield service plan. Paid $3200 for 5 years and 70k miles with $100 deductible. We bought ours while a bit of the factory warranty was still in effect, so got the "new" rate. A used coach would pay a higher rate.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:38 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hi faye,
I have National Warranty of Florida. Bought the contract when we purchased the coach. I have had 4 claims. The company has paid all 4 claims quickly and to everyone's satisfaction. They sell policies only through dealers. North Trail RV in Ft. Myers, Florida sells these contracts.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralper View Post
I do not believe in extended warrantys. Put your money in a bank account and you will be farther ahead of the game.

I second that. Extended warranties are a big money maker for those that sell them. Put your money in a reserve fund (the bank) to cover needed repairs.
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
If you go with one get a copy of the policy first and read it very carefully as to what is covered and what is not. A brochure or salesman will not tell the whole story.

RV dealers make a profit selling them also. You may be able to get a much better price online. We did. Only got one for the first year we had the coach to make sure all the bugs were worked out.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have "ExtraRide" 7 years or 75,000 mile for 3900.00. I feel at ease knowing there is protection in case of a major breakdown like diesel engine or allison transmission. My deductable is 100.00. Sure the dealer makes a little money selling the extended warranties. They also make money if you use their financing etc. And I know I proable paid a little too much for it, but I feel safer having the policy.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:02 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi faye,
I have National Warranty of Florida. Bought the contract when we purchased the coach. I have had 4 claims. The company has paid all 4 claims quickly and to everyone's satisfaction. They sell policies only through dealers. North Trail RV in Ft. Myers, Florida sells these contracts.

we currently have national also, it runs out shortly, we called to renew and were told national is no longer going to sell rv warranties, but they will honor current ones thru there expiration date...have you been told this?
Old 02-11-2011, 05:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie-dokie View Post
I have "ExtraRide" 7 years or 75,000 mile for 3900.00. I feel at ease knowing there is protection in case of a major breakdown like diesel engine or allison transmission. My deductable is 100.00. Sure the dealer makes a little money selling the extended warranties. They also make money if you use their financing etc. And I know I proable paid a little too much for it, but I feel safer having the policy.

was your motohome still under factory warranty when you purchased this?
who did you purchase it with? thanks for the responses.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie-dokie View Post

was your motohome still under factory warranty when you purchased this?
who did you purchase it with? thanks for the responses.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes it was still under factory warranty. I purchased it thru the dealer, Earnhardts in Mesa,AZ
Old 02-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
We have Elite RV Diamond which we bought from the dealer. Five year or 60,000 miles. $100 deductible. $2849. (800) 745-6006. You can bargain with an RV dealer because they have some wiggle room for the premium. I have used it twice since January of 2010 for around $1500 worth of repairs.