Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #1

Exterior questions

Hello Everyone.... Purchased a 2002 SeaBreeze 8341 and real happy . This is our fourth National YIPPEEE!! Can't seem to figure out a outside plug on the door side of coach for plugging in tv or?? The outside drivers side is dull and have tried wax but not coming up a shiny luster like the other side. Is there a gel or something that will work better? Thanks for help..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
paz

You could use the plug for a TV, for an electric fry pan to cook on the picnic table (great for cooking bacon without splashing up the stove), or for patio lights.

One side of the RV being dull is probably due to excessive oxidation because of long-term storage with that side facing south or west toward the hot sun. A product I have found to be very good for dull fiberglass (I used it on our roof) is Meguiar's Fiberglass Oxidation Removal Kit. The 3-part kit contains oxidation remover to get rid of the oxidation, polish to restore the gloss and wax for protection. I got mine at a boaters' supply store in southern Alabama, but there are plenty of online and mail-order sources including directly from Meguiar's or from amazon.com (cheaper).

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #3

Thanks Paz for your reply. My fault I guess I didn't write the question right . The outside doesn't seem to have a plug outlet for plugging in lights etc. Solution ?? Don't want to run a cord from inside. Thanks again.......
Old 03-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Check you outside compartments may have a 110 outlet and TV connection in one of them on passenger side.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would think that you could easily drop a line down from a kitchen outlet cut a hole in the side right below and put a outlet in and seal it good. We do them to raise outlets for tvs in houses all the time.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlsbyt View Post
Thanks Paz for your reply. My fault I guess I didn't write the question right . The outside doesn't seem to have a plug outlet for plugging in lights etc. Solution ?? Don't want to run a cord from inside. Thanks again.......
Sorry I misunderstood your question. After I re-read it, I see that you mean you can't figure out why there isn't a plug. As 007 says, check inside your storage bays on the passenger side. We have a receptacle and an antenna connection in the bay right behind the entry door. Yours may be around a corner inside the compartment or on the ceiling of the compartment.

I don't know where the kitchen is on your coach, but if it is on the passenger side like ours is, it would be fairly easy to drop a new line from a kitchen outlet down through the floor to a compartment below as taodog suggests if you don't have an existing receptacle. There may be holes where other wires, pipes or heat ducts pass through, or you could drill a small hole in an out of the way spot to run the wire through. Just make sure if you end up drilling through metal that you use some sort of grommet to protect the wire. Seal around the wire with caulk or spray foam sealant.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #7

THANKS Paz and toadog right in the compartment behind passenger. Its in where what looks like circuit type board and wall is black on the side wall and hard to see. The people in this forum are great and make is helpful for RV'ers. Have a great week!