Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #1

Fan-Tastic Vent Customer Service

I just wanted to inform all of you of my recent interaction with Fan-tastic Vent. I called to ask for help as my vent would not open. The woman that answered the call could not have been friendlier to me and connected me with a tech. He talked me thru the situation which was a bit of a challenge as I had not disassembled the unit at this point and could only give him a brief description of the problem. He correctly diagnosed what was needed and sent a new lift arm along with the disassembly directions so I was not randomly turning screws. I had the materials two days after I had called, all went well with the repair and my vent is back working Fantastic.

In summary I could not have been happier with the way I was treated by the people of Fan-tastic Vent.

In this day when confrontation and denial are the norm. I was treated by real concerned people that were only interested it doing the right thing for the customer.

In my veiw, Fan-Tastic Vent has people of superior personality and a great policy of standing behind their product.
Nutmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #2

I'm with you on that Nutmeg. I have delt with them few times & they are, as their name says, "FANTASTIC" in every way.

Reg
Old 07-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #3

My one dealing with them was great too. Refreshing in these days of poor customer service.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

They have a great reputation and obviously work hard to maintain it. I've never read a bad report about them or their products.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I hope you write back to the company with the praise----any company that insist on this kind of service likes to know it is working-------I make a habit of complimenting as much as criticising and only when warranted---this certainly is. My 2 cents.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Camping World put a new fan in my Pacer when I bought it and I thought it strange it sucked in air and would blow out the flame on the stove.
I called Fantastic and like all have said I was shocked at the fact they talked english and per super helpful, the tech said someone at the factory had reversed the two primary wires and I could easly reverse them an all would be a go, it was.
He even sent me a diagram for reference.

Larry and Rita
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:28 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hopefully this good customer service will continue for many years under the new ownership.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Our ONE connection with them was awesome. When you aren't expecting great customer service (based on other experiences with other companies) and you deal with these folks....WOWSERS! and........an AMERICAN company. We just purchased another RV and the owners told us that the FF doesn't work right and we said NO problem! That company is awesome.
ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
Camping World put a new fan in my Pacer when I bought it and I thought it strange it sucked in air and would blow out the flame on the stove.
I called Fantastic and like all have said I was shocked at the fact they talked english and per super helpful, the tech said someone at the factory had reversed the two primary wires and I could easly reverse them an all would be a go, it was.
He even sent me a diagram for reference.

Larry and Rita
At one FMCA rally I asked their people about reversing the fans as ours only blow out (which is the most efficient use of a fan). They said I coud do as you said. Then I said I could also instal a DPDT switch. He said just a minute, had me jump in a golf cart and drove me over to their truck, pulled out two DPDT switches and handed them to me - no charge.
A couple years ago the boss that holds the mechanism on the cover broke off. I called to order a new one cover. All they wanted was my address and said one would be on the way. I then asked about the cost of upgrading to the double walled, insulated covers. He said "how many do you need" I answered "two" and he said DONE. Again no charge! I did have to pay for the interior, easy remove screens though as I bought them at a dealer.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:59 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Not to hijack this thread, but I have had the same kind of service from Zip Dee company. A couple of years ago I needed a couple of parts for an old Zip Dee awning. And by old I mean 25+ years. I talked to a very nice lady who obviously knew these old awnings intimately. When I asked how much and how they would like payment, she told me not to worry about it and sent me the parts free.

I realize their awnings are pretty expensive, but I doubt I will ever buy any other brand after that experience.

I have a Fantastic fan in my trailer, and I'm glad to know that if I ever have a problem they will take care of me.

JP
Kurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #11

The cover for the manual control/lift motor split on one of the screw tabs on ONE of my Fantastic Vents so I called Dodd RV of the Pennisula near Yorktown, VA to see if the parts dept happen to have the cover. The young lady in Parts told me that she would love to take my money but if I called Fantastic Vent that there was a good chance I'd get the part for free and passed me their number...an integrity score there. I called Fantastic Vent after that and spoke with Kevin. After a brief conversation telling him that I needed one cover I happen to mention that I had three Fantasic Vents installed in my RV. A few days later, I received THREE covers WITH the drive motors and the drive knobs. No question where my customer loyalty is: Fantastic Vent.

Dodd RV is near Bethpage and I do not know but may be an exihibiter there...dunno.
salvagediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #12

I have also experienced FANTASTIC service from Fantastic Fan Co. I had one Fantastic Fans in my Serengeti, and two other brands. I had occasion to use their service more than once, and they have always responded with technical help, and parts, at no cost, in every instance. I have also removed the other brands and install two more Fantastic fans.
Previous poster commented on Zip Dee. They are also very good, and their quality is superb. In '79 purchased a '76 Airstream TT with a Zip Dee awning. Sold the TT in '06 and the original awning was still in fine working condition, including the acrylic fabric!
BUY QUALITY, it always comes to the top.
CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #13

Fantasticvent Advice please?

I own a 2000 HR Ambasador that has only 11k on it, but it sat inside storage for 7 years. Since the owner was physically unable to maintain the MH it was not started or maintaine during this time. Now the plastics are brittle and cracking. My Fantisticvent over the stove has a cracked frame and the dome is cracked. Also the bath fan (none Fantistic) exploded due to not being maintained. I'm now considering replacing the one in the kitchen and putting a Fantisticvent in the bath (a lot quiter). Any suggestions? I.e., will the Fantistic fit the bath cutout, etc. Thanks, Charlie
charliereed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliereed View Post
I own a 2000 HR Ambasador that has only 11k on it, but it sat inside storage for 7 years. Since the owner was physically unable to maintain the MH it was not started or maintaine during this time. Now the plastics are brittle and cracking. My Fantisticvent over the stove has a cracked frame and the dome is cracked. Also the bath fan (none Fantistic) exploded due to not being maintained. I'm now considering replacing the one in the kitchen and putting a Fantisticvent in the bath (a lot quiter). Any suggestions? I.e., will the Fantistic fit the bath cutout, etc. Thanks, Charlie
Charlie
I had two no-name vent fans in my MH and one Fantastic Fan. I replaced the two no-names with Fantastic Fans, and they fit perfect. I believe all the typical vents used in MH are the same physical size, and therefore the Fantastic Fans should fit your MH. Should be a very easy replacement job.
CarlGeo
CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, vent