Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2016, 02:26 PM   #1

Faux pas leather disintegrating

Just after we purchased our 2011 Serrano
31Z last year, we having problems with most all the faux pad leathers peeling.
Any solutions out there other than total replacement.
Manufacturers honoring any workmanship defects?
Diverkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2016, 04:04 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry I can't help with your question!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #3

It's vinyl laminated on a fabric backing and not repairable.
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #4

I would contact the manufacture of your rig, Tiffin motorhome has some that did the same thing and owners got them replaced at no charge.
retiredin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #5

My brother in law has a 2011 Serrano with the same problem. The furniture was made by Flex Steel but was upholstered with vinyl supplied by Thor. Flex Steel won't warranty the fabric since they didn't buy it and apparently neither will Thor. Hope you have better luck than he did.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Red face Defective vinyl

We had the same experience, purchased a used 2011 Serrano last year, it had some delaminates vinyl on dinette and drivers seat. Had dealer recover them as part of purchase, then within 3 months the rest of vinyl also self destructed. We had no luck with warranties and footed the bill to have it replaced. Other than that we have been pretty happy with the unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverkc View Post
Just after we purchased our 2011 Serrano
31Z last year, we having problems with most all the faux pad leathers peeling.
Any solutions out there other than total replacement.
Manufacturers honoring any workmanship defects?
Twing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:35 PM   #7

This was going around the forums about 3-4 years ago. The same thing was happening to a lot of coaches in the 2007-8 range. We had a 2007 Thor product at that time, and by the time we got rid of it, the seats looked like they had a disease. As stated, Thor furnished an inferior product to Flexsteel, so Flexsteel bowed out of any responsibility. From what I remember, Thor didn't step up either nor was it only Thor products that had the problem.

Interesting to note that we bought our 2007 in 2012 when it was 5 years old, and there were no signs of any problem. Within 6 months of use, we noticed the problem starting, and once started, the seats quickly deteriorated. You appear to be in the same window of time.

Hope you get some help, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You might have to just suck it up and get them replaced on your dime....frustrating, I know.