Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
1Wow lots of good ideas how about seafood? any great seafood recipies? nothin beats a good steak, baked potato and a dram of scotch.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
I don't have any good seafood recipes for camping, but I think one from a box done in the convection oven will be good. I tried a sample of macadamia crusted mahi mahi at Costco yesterday and it was devine!

Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #17

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
My favorite is cajun seasoning on any firm flesh fish, put it in my cast iron skillet. Serve with seasoned organic brown rice from the rice cooker. Any fresh grilled vegetables. Apple pie made in the Dutch oven.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #18

I love hobo dinners..... Place ground beef, carrots, cut up potatoes, onions wrap in alum. foil and place on grill over campfire. Also good with stew meet or chicken.... Good stuff....
Old 03-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Turkey Chili in a crock pot or even made ahead of time and frozen for re-heating in the micro. When we get to our site and set up, it just takes a few minutes to re-heat with some shredded cheese and sour cream heaped on top....YUMMM!!!!

I always have a few containers of quick re-heatables in the freezer....Chili, stews, soups, and a couple of crusty rolls in the bread drawer and we are all set....

Faith
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just about anything cooked outdoors.

Ken
Old 03-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #21

Seafood?
1) camp anywhere at San Felipe, Baja California when the shrimp is in. Its unlike any shrimp I've ever had, sweet, way better than lobster
2) clean about 3/4 pound/person (you're going to eat till you hurt)
3) set up the grill
4) in a bowl mix the shrimp w/some olive oil, greek seasoning, and teeny bit of cayenne pepper, just enough to show some red but not a lot
5) on a double thickness of heavy duty foil on the hot grill, chop some bacon & white onion, sprinkle it around, letting the bacon just start to render the fat
6) toss on the shrimp, evenly distributed. If you have friends over, you'll need to cook two batches, cuz a camp grill ain't big enough
7) turn shrimp once after they start to curl
8) test shrimp by cutting one, make sure they are white clear thru, no opaque remaining, but just. If you get large & smalls mixed, take off the smalls first

Garnish w/a large cool glass of your favorite vintage or brew. A bottle of nice champagne works perfectly. And don't worry about salad & veggies. Shrimps eat salad & veggies, we eat the shrimps.
Then, take a siesta.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerMike View Post
Seafood?
1) camp anywhere at San Felipe, Baja California when the shrimp is in. Its unlike any shrimp I've ever had, sweet, way better than lobster
2) clean about 3/4 pound/person (you're going to eat till you hurt)
3) set up the grill
4) in a bowl mix the shrimp w/some olive oil, greek seasoning, and teeny bit of cayenne pepper, just enough to show some red but not a lot
5) on a double thickness of heavy duty foil on the hot grill, chop some bacon & white onion, sprinkle it around, letting the bacon just start to render the fat
6) toss on the shrimp, evenly distributed. If you have friends over, you'll need to cook two batches, cuz a camp grill ain't big enough
7) turn shrimp once after they start to curl
8) test shrimp by cutting one, make sure they are white clear thru, no opaque remaining, but just. If you get large & smalls mixed, take off the smalls first

Garnish w/a large cool glass of your favorite vintage or brew. A bottle of nice champagne works perfectly. And don't worry about salad & veggies. Shrimps eat salad & veggies, we eat the shrimps.
Then, take a siesta.
That sounds great Mike. I'll try it in a couple of weeks when were at rally in Georgia. That should go great with my home made potato salad and cole slaw.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryegal View Post
1Wow lots of good ideas how about seafood? any great seafood recipies? nothin beats a good steak, baked potato and a dram of scotch.
Shrimp coated with Ole Bay Seasoning on the barbie along with whatever side you want.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #24

for a fish I like to take firm white fish like cod, coat with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill with a fish grill rack (looks like a racquetball racket) which opens, place a half bunch of fresh cilantro and parsley on each side and grill aboult 8 minutes each side. The flavor from the fresh herbs just seers into the fish. One of our other favorite meals is crock pot ribs. Make a dry rub of cumin, thyme, onion powder, mustard powder, pepper and salt, a dash of cayanne pepper, brown sugar, and secret ingredient, cininmon. Coat ribs, 3-5lbs, let sit, the longer the better (I usually do 1/2hr to 45 mins.). Cut up two medium white onions. Layer onions and ribs in crock pot. Cover and cook for about 6 to 8hrs. Remove ribs, discard onions and liquid in pot. Coat ribs with a mixture of bourbon or whiskey and your favorite barbeque sauce and return to crock. on high till sauce thickens or to liking. This is a great meal to prepare after breakfast (nothing better than bacon and eggs cooked outside), or while one is preparing breakfast the other can be preparing the ribs. Go and play, see the sights or whatever where you are camping and when your done, dinner will be too. Pair with corn on the cob and a salad and you are in heaven.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
By golly I like the crock pot ideas! Not sure about having it going while going down the road, but starting the main course early in the day to enjoy a much simpler meal at dinner time is a great idea. I think now we'll have to get a crock pot dedicated to the motorhome.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
We use the crock pot all the time. My wife puts it in the sink while traveling to keep everything in its place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan View Post
By golly I like the crock pot ideas! Not sure about having it going while going down the road, but starting the main course early in the day to enjoy a much simpler meal at dinner time is a great idea. I think now we'll have to get a crock pot dedicated to the motorhome.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Wolfpack
Put a couple of hot pads in the deepest sink and put the crock pot in the sink. If it should spill the clean up is easy.
lyledavid
Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Chuck
Our post times are identical. Great minds think alike.
lyledavid

Tags
rving