Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2016, 10:21 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Favorite TPMS

Tire pressure monitoring systems?
What system do you use? What do you like/dislike about it? Any words of wisdom? I'm also interested to hear from folks using a system that also monitors the toad's tires.

First impressions. They seem cheap. Not the price but the quality for the price.

Thanks

Tyler
RunawayJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2016, 11:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayJim View Post
Tire pressure monitoring systems?
What system do you use? What do you like/dislike about it? Any words of wisdom? I'm also interested to hear from folks using a system that also monitors the toad's tires.
There are around 850 discussion threads on choosing a TPMS here. Just search on TPMS and see what you can find.

After much investigation I chose the Tire Minder system and have been very happy with it. It seemed like the best value for the money, in my situation. However, asking about a favorite TPMS is kinda like counting noses - everyone has one, and they're all different.

Roger
Old 09-15-2016, 01:29 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Here you go, lots to read. The link below will take you to several threads on this topic here on iRV2.

https://www.google.com/search?q=TPMS...com&gws_rd=ssl
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I love my TST, if only for the amazing customer support. The company big cheese trolls this site from time to time and offers great help and insight into the workings of the system for those of us astonished by the wizardry of it all. I have the TST 510 system, with 10 sensors on my mh and toad/trailer, helped by a repeater in the rear closet.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:46 PM   #5

TST x2! Almost 100k miles over nearly a decade - great product, BETTER customer support! Went from 4 sensors on our "B" to 6 on the "B+", now 10 including the toad. Wouldn't run without it! Has saved us 3 times specifically, maybe a few more. ST

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:57 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
EezTire has been excellent for us. I bought it prior to our recent trip and would do it again. Easy to set up, easy to read, very accurate, and excellent support. I had a question regarding how to set it up for a tow dolly, and got the answer quickly and accurately over the phone. A blowout on my dolly was shown on the monitor/alarm before I realized what had happened.
I'd replace it with the same if necessary.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-16-2016, 06:04 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Tire SafeGuard !!!

Enjoy your reading - there are lots of opinions!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:53 AM   #8

Just about all of the brands use the exact same technology and will do the job. I chose mine based on which display made the most sense to me and was the easiest to read. It was a choice between TST and EEZTire. At the the the EEZTire was a little cheaper so that's what I got.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:38 PM   #9

X2 for EezTire, although I now that any decent TPMS system is a good thing to have. We recently returned from Nebraska and, during the trip, the TPMS alerted me to a possible stuck brake caliper through the tire valve temperature warning. A friend just posted information about blowing two tires on his race car trailer on his way back to Texas, and I suggested he might consider a TMPS. I'm glad I finally bought a system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-PHartley View Post
EezTire has been excellent for us. I bought it prior to our recent trip and would do it again. Easy to set up, easy to read, very accurate, and excellent support. I had a question regarding how to set it up for a tow dolly, and got the answer quickly and accurately over the phone. A blowout on my dolly was shown on the monitor/alarm before I realized what had happened.
I'd replace it with the same if necessary.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:53 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Son bought me TST but we could never get it to work correctly, people there are nice but after sending it back once still would not work. I bought the tire minder system and it has worked perfectly. Easy to install and fast to respond when turned on. I have a TST 507 which can be had inexpensively with no warranty.
rfsod48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #11

TPMS

I have to say after using the EEZ tpms, I would never go without it.
It really gives you a confident feeling of knowing any rise in wheel temperatures or variations in pressures. Quickly alerts you something is going on.
HRvindeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:43 PM   #12

TST 507 with 12 sensors and long-range antenna, which eliminates the need for a repeater. Their customer service is outstanding, and the product works well.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tire SafeGuard for me. 10 wheels monitored and no repeater required. It will read my Toad 100 feet or more away. I originally bought it because it was the only system I could find with flow thru sensors. I know some don't like the flow thru's but I read of a number of leaks due to o ring failures due to taking the sensors on and off. It seems the o rings can't be replaced.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have Tireminder TM66 and it seems to work great. I have 8 senders on the RV and 5 on the toad. It uses a booster that I have installed on the back grill. Eats some batteries sometimes.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote