Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #1

Financing question for newbie!

Hello all. The wife and I are looking to purchase a 2011 Forest River Rockwood 2702SS. We love the tt and the layout of it. It fits our needs perfectly. My question is has anyone ever used inetrec.com for financing? They give you rates from several different lenders. Also, if anyone has any advice on a lender to use, that would be great. Thanks for any help. Love this site, has been very helpful in making our decision. Can't wait to get out there.

Damon

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #2

JMHO but I'm leary of financing online. Too many horror stories. Have you tried your local bank or credit union or even the dealer that you are buying from. I haven't ever financed a RV, but have used both my credit union and dealer for car financing. Rates at the time were comparable.

Good Luck
Arnold

Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:52 AM   #3

i would have to agree. online financing sounds sketchy. from my experience credit unions are usually the best option and will be willing to lend the money than most banks.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Take a look at Penfed. Pentagon Federal can be found online and you will not see a person.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #5

If you have to take out a loan take out a Home Equity loan, lower interest rates and it is deductable.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try Essex Credit. They use Bank of the West (a very good bank). I recently re-financed my MH with them, no one could come close to their rates.

On the home equity loan suggestion; finance charges are deductible on an RV as a second home, as long as it's self contained (per my tax guy). I have taken the deduction every year on every RV that I've ever financed.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #7

Go find a Credit Union or get a home equity loan. We did both (got a HE loan from our CU!). The horror stories you read about the big banks (USBank, Bank of America, etc.) are the stuff of nightmares. Their customer service departments seem to make it standard operating procedure to hassle customers immediately after they've signed on.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig P. View Post
Try Essex Credit. They use Bank of the West (a very good bank). I recently re-financed my MH with them, no one could come close to their rates.

On the home equity loan suggestion; finance charges are deductible on an RV as a second home, as long as it's self contained (per my tax guy). I have taken the deduction every year on every RV that I've ever financed.

Craig
x2 and even better if you go through Costco to deal with Essex. You'll get a better rate than just calling Essex. Just did this myself and even though I bank with Bank of the West they couldn't begin to touch the rate that I got with Costco/Essex. It really flummoxed the local bank branch manager.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by radams View Post
x2 and even better if you go through Costco to deal with Essex.
That's right, I forgot about that...

I used a discount code from MH Magazine. I found out later when I spoke to Essex, that it was the same rate discount as Costco.

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
X3 on Essex Credit. Depending on what you are buying you can get 15 to 20 years financing if you desire.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #11

When I financed mine I used good sam - it was the best I could find at that point in time. They say approval in an hour or something like that but approval does not mean providing the funds in that period of time. The approval was quick but the actual financing took several days. Enjoy your unit.
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

I've had three RV loans from BOA and never a hassle.

Shop around for rates and don't be afraid of the big online brokers (Essex Credit is one of them). And don't worry about getting the paperwork done remotely - they will handle everything, just like a dealer would. Then talk to the dealer about the rate you can get elsewhere - odds are good he can match it, so you can deal locally and get a prime rate too.

Some credit unions only have car loans and only offer limited times (60-72 months) Same with some banks. But others offer true RV loans, with long periods (e.g. 15 years) and good rates.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #13

I used my dealer to finance our motorcoach, just told them what we wanted and let them get the financing for us. Bank of the West had the best rate in Feb. 2011.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:28 AM   #14

We purchased our coach in April. We financed ours through the Bank of the West. Their rates could not be beat.....by anyone.

pacevette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags