Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #15

I ran into the same thing in the KOA in Nashville Tenn. Smoked up my coach and he had two pit bulls tied up on chains long enough that the could stand against my coach and scratch and bark at my two poodles. Won't stay there anymore. $58/night and in redneck ville. That's why a CCW permit helps out.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #16
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Gentlemen we ask that you refrain from using some of these descriptive words to describe these types of folks and remember that this is a family site. The rule we use is if you should not use it in front of your 6 year old granddaughter or mine then please don't use it here. We are all adults and can choose our words better, and if you use it know we will delete it.

Thank you.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I guess I am lucky. I live in southern California and I don't have to camp around here.
George
cvrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #18

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. I would do as camper B.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #19

OP, don't know?

I mean I know our society is going to hell. People are overcrowded, overeheated, fed a bad diet and getting nastier each day that goes by.

But I'm an RV'er of a different sort than most of you. You guys like to go to RV parks and such. I don't, never been to one. I boondock to my local and do the activity I set out to do while boondocking there then leave and go home.

I'm in the east, so no I don't have nice scenic boondock spots like the western guys. But, I am grateful for place to park and sleep, scenic or not.

RV'ing for me is more of a support vehicle to rest and cook and travel in comfort while I try and do some sports with my old cruster body.

I have stayed at places like Ginnie Springs campground while diving the N. Fla springs system. Weekdays it was great, nice a quiet. Weekends, esp near a holiday, absolutely terrible. But, as I said, I normally boondock.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think that camper B made the right choice.

As for CCW, this is definitely not a situation that requires brandishing a weapon. That in itself would be beyond definition. (for children's sake) I have a CC Permit and there is no way that you could justify using it in this situation. There was no "imminent" threat to property or life. Just some dumb action.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I think that camper B made the right choice.

As for CCW, this is definitely not a situation that requires brandishing a weapon. That in itself would be beyond definition. (for children's sake) I have a CC Permit and there is no way that you could justify using it in this situation. There was no "imminent" threat to property or life. Just some dumb action.

Yep, I agree.

I don't carry guns. I do have other weapons. But I just try to stay away from hassles.

If you carry guns, you have to know the laws of every state you go in. And really, I'm out for a good time. I gave up carrying guns after I moved out of L.A.

But as our world get worse, I may get a CCW someday. I've never had any reason so far, maybe I'm lucky. But was attacked a few times when in L.A. back in the day. (80's)
Old 08-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We've only been RV'ing for 10 years and guess we have been very lucky to have never met someone like that. We've met a lot of really nice people but I guess it's just inevitable that there are people like that out there. I think the situation was handled properly and I bet it took some tongue-biting to keep it from heading the wrong way. Let's just be thankful for all the good people we meet along the way!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Seems like a case of another individual being fully informed on their "rights" and woefully neglected on information concerning their "responsibilities." I sure wouldn't let someone build a fire too close to my motorhome.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BichonLover View Post
Just witnessed a shouting match by two campers at a SoCal campground where I'm staying this weekend. Am curious to know your thoughts and, if you've ever had this problem, how you handled it.

Camper B asked the cg staff for help, and Camper A swore at the staff, too. To top it off, Camper A jumped in his car -- with the fire still blazing -- and told the cg staff and Camper B that if they touched or extinguished his fire while he was gone that he would "raise some hell." (I guess "hell" is his fav word.) I then left for dinner myself, and when I returned the fire was out and Camper A was gone. Camper B told me the cg staff put out the fire and relocated Camper A to the opposite end of the cg.

).
I'm a little different' When camper B left I would have taken a hose and drowned his fire and everything around it; told the cg staff what I did, then just waited for camper B to return. cell phone handy to call 911 just in case.
;
Old 08-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
re "if they touched or extinguished his fire while he was gone that he would "raise some hell."" -- Leaving a fire unattended is a serious safety breach, making threats could be considered assault,
Well said BrianL. Firstly, leaving a fire unattended should get an immediate response of CG staff, or someone nearby, calling the FD. The subsequent threat should have been a clue to call the PD. In any event the camper that did this should have been ejected as a minimum, not merely relocated.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #26

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief02 View Post
They walk among us,
We used to call it job security.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #27

Seems like the first thing they want to do is build a fire, usually on the hottest day of the year. Then they don't know how to take care of it and it sits there and smoulders and smokes everyone out. Isn't life grand out here in the great outdoors?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had only one ugly situation in 55 years of camping. Surprisingly it was an off duty cop who felt it was his place in life to throw his weight around. Like all bullies when push came to shove he tucked tail. Other than that one situation it seems that everyone we have met camping are folks that you would love to have as friends. It is a shame that a few neanderthals have to be such jerks and try and ruin someones camping trip.

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote