Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2017, 06:11 PM   #15

Take highway 166 over to I5 and down.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #16

Yes, we will if we have to but the roads might be open by then.
6jsgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #17

So we made it to Valencia and back yesterday. We battled areas of smoke all the way there and back. Unfortunately, they only did a,few things on the motorhome so we had to leave it and drive back in our small truck. They put the vents in, adjusting the awning. They did not straighten the back bumper. The didn't replace the door and the frame, and they didn't replace the electrical cord that was frayed. The service write apologized right and left. It has been there since September. The long wait was supposed to be due to ordering the door and frame from the factory but they hadn't don't that. They washed it and oiled the twice. They had to wash it twice due to the ash. We will make sure it is done completely before we drive 300 miles again. We will make sure with the service writer that she is sure it is all done completely before we go back down there again. This is a new motorhome and most is warranty work, except for the new vents. We don't need to use it until March but we will make sure they do it right this time.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6jsgrandma View Post
So we made it to Valencia and back yesterday. We battled areas of smoke all the way there and back. Unfortunately, they only did a,few things on the motorhome so we had to leave it and drive back in our small truck. They put the vents in, adjusting the awning. They did not straighten the back bumper. The didn't replace the door and the frame, and they didn't replace the electrical cord that was frayed. The service write apologized right and left. It has been there since September. The long wait was supposed to be due to ordering the door and frame from the factory but they hadn't don't that. They washed it and oiled the twice. They had to wash it twice due to the ash. We will make sure it is done completely before we drive 300 miles again. We will make sure with the service writer that she is sure it is all done completely before we go back down there again. This is a new motorhome and most is warranty work, except for the new vents. We don't need to use it until March but we will make sure they do it right this time.
Three months at Camping World on a new RV for warranty repairs? How do they stay in business? That's absolutely awful!!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:53 AM   #19

Yes, it is pretty crazy!
Old 12-16-2017, 10:39 PM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It is not the only RV Repair place that does things that way. I have been to two of them that proceed like this:

Into RV Repair with 3 items to be repaired.
Check back and they are working on one of the items.
Check back and they have finished the 1st item and are going to order the 2nd item parts.
Check back and they are working on the 2nd item.
Check back and they have finished working on the 2nd item and the 3rd item is now on order.

What the heck! Why don't they do the inspection, find out what the problems are and order all the parts at the same time instead of causing all the delays. What is taking them 3 months is the time delay in ordering the parts. If all the parts were in the repairs would only take a week or so. Sheesh!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:46 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I took my Minnie Winnie 22R to the Valencia Camping World (the closest authorized warranty repairer) and they lied to me about not getting the parts in. Winnebago told me when the parts were sent and who received them. Luckily, they got it done, eventually, but I would never take my RV there again.

Depending upon how many things are left to be done, I would recommend that you pull it and go somewhere else.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #22

We can't, it's under warranty with CW.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #23
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Yes you can take it somewhere else. You already waited a reasonable amount of time. It should have been taken to another facility and then Camping World charged in small claims with the cost of repairs. They would lose! When you allow them to take 3-4 months to do 8 hours worth of work, you're enabling their poor service.

If it had been my coach, it wouldn't have been dropped off until the parts were in. Once in, an appointment made with a reasonable due date, such as 5 days. The minute this repair hit four weeks, I would have had the manufacturer involved via phone call directly to the factory.

Lastly, you may very well fall into the California Lemon Law rule due to time. I would start a ledger of all the time and false promises, start the Lemon Law documents and then call CW and discuss how they want to proceed. No dealer wants a vehicle turned into a lemon as it becomes unsellable. I just don't see how anyone lets a repair get this out of hand.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:49 AM   #24

The stuff that's wrong with it is minor. Should we call Thor? How do you start lemon law documents?
Old 12-18-2017, 09:46 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
The stuff that's wrong with it is minor. Should we call Thor? How do you start lemon law documents?
Minor stuff and they had your vehicle in for 3-4 months?! Even worse! Yes, call Thor. The squeaky screw gets the oil!

Re: Lemon Law. Google is your friend. Google "California Lemon Law".
Old 12-18-2017, 09:56 AM   #26

The r a son why it as supposed to take a long time was because they had to order a frame and door from Thor, but they didn't do that either. They replaced the vents we want d and changed out the shower h ad and replaced cabinet door to outside kitchen, but they did not replace the electrical cord which was defective when we bought the coach in June.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #27

They did say we could take it home and bring it back when the parts were in (this time) but we have to drive 300 miles each time we take it to Valencia, so we thought it was best to leave it there.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:01 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
The r a son why it as supposed to take a long time was because they had to order a frame and door from Thor, but they didn't do that either. They replaced the vents we want d and changed out the shower h ad and replaced cabinet door to outside kitchen, but they did not replace the electrical cord which was defective when we bought the coach in June.

This is a good reason to contact Thor. Camping World lied to me that parts for a ceiling vent from Winnebago (under warranty) didn't come in. I contacted Winnebago and they told me when the parts were shipped and who at Valencia Camping World received them about two weeks prior.

I got on CW's butt and got them to schedule a date to install the parts and got it done.

Contact Thor to verify if they placed the orders for your parts, and if and when they were shipped to them and who there received them.

As Ronald Reagan used to say, "Trust, but verify!"

Tags
fire, motorhome, vent