Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2015, 07:41 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
We are just completing an 8,000 mile trip. We have found most RV park cable to be almost worthless without a digital descrambler box, which most parks do not have. Those parks that had their cable on satellite were fine. Park cable has just about gone by the way side as has park wi-fi. Most of the park cable was analog signals on digital TV's and the picture was terrible.

The antenna amplifier was turned off when connecting to cable. We used our antenna for locals and satellite and gave up on park cable, but did check several just to see and they were all bad.

We have traveled close to 25,000 miles in the last 3 summers and found just the opposite. Many campgrounds have very good internal cable systems.

Yes, occasionally you find one that requires a loaner cable box but that has been the exception and we normally use our satellite rather than change our cabling for the loaner box.

More often, the campgrounds are upgrading to digital channels being distributed on analog as this matches the most/easiest connection to your RV. The RV users are more and more demanding these TV services.

Streaming over the campground WiFi is often limited or blocked by the campground is not the excepted practice.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
We are just completing an 8,000 mile trip. We have found most RV park cable to be almost worthless without a digital descrambler box, which most parks do not have. Those parks that had their cable on satellite were fine. Park cable has just about gone by the way side as has park wi-fi. Most of the park cable was analog signals on digital TV's and the picture was terrible.

The antenna amplifier was turned off when connecting to cable. We used our antenna for locals and satellite and gave up on park cable, but did check several just to see and they were all bad.
We just did a 9000 mile trip and found the same. The exception was a campground that provided a remote and we had to set the TV to channel 3 with no scan required. I thought it might be old school, but instead it was lots of full digital HD channels and the only good cable system on the whole trip. I asked if they had issues with the remotes not being turned in and was told only twice, and both times the remotes were returned by mail with a week. I found some campgrounds where using the antenna was superior to the cable system. I browse to TVFOOL.COM to get the direction to the broadcast towers and use my smart phone compass to set it up.
I have Dish at home, and if I ever FT or regularly spend a lot of time on the road, I will probably get a mobile Dish.

SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground