Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2016, 08:33 PM   #29

Here is the fan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160217_20_03_53_Pro.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	119292  
gentilebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2016, 09:02 PM   #30

Brian-you may want to check out the ride height on the front end. It appears that the front is way low in your second picture. If that is the case (pretty common with older Workhorse chassis) you may want to replace the front coil springs and/or shocks and I think it has air bags inside of the coils that may need replacing also. Maybe a Workhorse person can chime in here and add some details.

That is a very nice looking rig and the Workhorse chassis is a nice upgrade. The interior looks unused! Good luck with it and safe travels!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:44 PM   #31

good job captain, steady at the helm . kids probably had a blast,thnxs for sharing TOM AND JOANNE thor Tuscany xte 36MQ with Pontiac g5 toad nothing like life on the road
tombottcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:12 AM   #32

Oh and for your draft at the feet....wait 'till dark, have the wife at the wheel, open the hood/grill, get a flashlight and shine it along the firewall. Have your wife note where the light comes through. On mine there were electrical chase holes you could put your finger through....no seal no grommet...nuttin.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
Brian-you may want to check out the ride height on the front end. It appears that the front is way low in your second picture. If that is the case (pretty common with older Workhorse chassis) you may want to replace the front coil springs and/or shocks and I think it has air bags inside of the coils that may need replacing also. Maybe a Workhorse person can chime in here and add some details.

That is a very nice looking rig and the Workhorse chassis is a nice upgrade. The interior looks unused! Good luck with it and safe travels!

I was kind of thinking it looked low myself. I just got under it and yes there are airbags. One side was at 35psi and the other wound not read but felt stiff to the touch. I did a little searching and it seemed 75psi is a good starting point. I pumped them up and both held air at 95psi and I lowered to 75psi. Ride height is much better but the starboard bag is leaking where the hose goes into the bag. If I move the hose a bit the leak stops. Might try to just cut off hose and reinsert it into the hole. Maybe its just a simple fix. It doesn't seem to move up and down much. It does get pushed around quite a bit by passing 18 wheelers but I kind of expected that.
gentilebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentilebrian View Post
I was kind of thinking it looked low myself. I just got under it and yes there are airbags. One side was at 35psi and the other wound not read but felt stiff to the touch. I did a little searching and it seemed 75psi is a good starting point. I pumped them up and both held air at 95psi and I lowered to 75psi. Ride height is much better but the starboard bag is leaking where the hose goes into the bag. If I move the hose a bit the leak stops. Might try to just cut off hose and reinsert it into the hole. Maybe its just a simple fix. It doesn't seem to move up and down much. It does get pushed around quite a bit by passing 18 wheelers but I kind of expected that.
Good for you to check that out. If you can get it to riding level I think you'll see an improvement in ride and handling. Additional items that can be done to improve sway you've probably read about on here so I won't repeat that stuff!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:36 PM   #35

Quote:
I'm not sure, but I don't think you can cut that hose and re-insert....maybe someone else will comment.

I had the exact same problem with one of my bags....leaking at the hose on the bottom. I use Ride-On in my motorcycle tires and thought I'd give it a try on the air bags. I took out the Schrader valve at the fill inlet and shot about 8oz of Ride-On in there, then pressured it back up. It took some warm weather for it to stop leaking(did this last winter), but now it will hold pressure.

Here is the link to Ride-On...much thicker than Slime which I have never had good luck with:
http://www.amazon.com/Ride-On-Tire-B.../dp/B0016680T0
Old 02-20-2016, 01:33 AM   #36
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
the starboard bag is leaking where the hose goes into the bag. If I move the hose a bit the leak stops
Can you post a picture of it?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:03 PM   #37

I think as far as the black tank is concerned, if it is like mine the bottom of the tank is tapered down to the black tank valve. If we don't use enough water to flush with, all of the poo just sets at the bottom and won't slide to the other end. Dilution is the solution to the sliding poo issue.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:54 PM   #38

Your black tank may have still been frozen if it was put away with water or well you know other contents in it. Or you could have a problem with the dump valve not opening completely. Try dumping again when it's warm enough that your sure it's not frozen.
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:34 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your rig and its issues sound like a fun project. Your adventures sound just like ours back about 15 years ago but we had a new gulfstream with many of the same problems and more and it was NEW! We drove the wheels off that thing while racing motorcycles all over the country. The kids were little then and we are still doing it. Wouldn't trade any of it for the world! Like you, I like to drive all night and the wife takes the last few hours in the early morning. The Gulfstream that gave us so many fun and crazy memories was a 2005 super c. After one very eventful trip with many gremlins popping out of every corner of the rv, we were just pulling out of a race track to start our trip home. I had left the emergency brake on and by time we made it through the racetrack facility and about 100yards out onto the road, we could smell something burning and the coach filled with smoke. Figuring the rig was on fire, I quickly pulled over, jumped out of the drivers seat and started yelling to get the DW, three kids and the dog out of the RV. As I exited the coach, I grabbed the fire extinguisher that was mounted next to the door and ran outside fully expecting half the rig to be on fire! I guess my wife had just about had enough of things going wrong with the motorhome on that trip. She grabbed the fire extinguisher out of my hand and threw it back inside the rig and stated "let it burn!" She looked a little disappointed when it turned out to only be the parking brake. We aired out the coach and headed home. I should write a book! Like I said, I wouldn't trade it for the world.