Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-11-2011, 08:21 AM   #15
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
any autobody shop can fix it, I'd get it repaired

I had thought of doing that. There's a place around the corner, certainly a lot closer than where the RV place is. They do repairs and I note that the guys who work there have RVs...so even better.

We "cleaned up" the scratch and it doesn't look bad at all. There is one little indent and a few places where the paint was nicked up a bit.

I don't think it will take much, nor cost much to put it right.

AnnieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #16
Newmar Owners Club
I put my first scratch on the passenger rear corner. I was trying to snuggle up to the curb in front of our stick home in preparation for packing. Backed into our mailbox and put a nice 10" scratch on the corner. It's still there after two years. Ugly, but then again, part of the program.

Maybe we should just remove all the mail boxes in the world!

Tom & Kelly
'02 Mt. Aire DP 4095
a10koaksfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #17
I guess I'm not alone. My rig is 5 months old and I damaged my roof with a low tree branch. I still can't believe how much the repair cost. I had to use my insurance to cover the cost and now I'm expecting to see my insurance rates increase. If there's any silver lining to my accident, it's that now I'm super aware of low tree branches.
ajlcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #18
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I got the Du Pont paint codes for my coach, went to a local Du Pont dealer and he made me four small bottles of touch up. Now I can fix the little dings myself. BTW, $30 for four colors.
2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRoadie

You have survived one of God's greatest tests... a scrape on the RV is a speck of dust on a vast desert of life's experiences.

Enjoy life daily, love like you never been hurt, drive like you are only out to enjoy the trip, and stop as often as the destination allows to smell each and every rose.

Tomorrow may bring greater challenges, lesser rewards, but I believe just having tomorrow is worth the trip. Make the best of it and smile if a stranger asks "What happened there ?" I usually simply say "just another blip on the radar of life!"

I do NOT suffer from mental illness, but rather enjoy it daily !
05 Itasca Suncruiser, Stock w/ScanGuage II,
2012 Honda Accord TOAD,Home Based in Spring Hill, Florida...Retired Navy Officer
MegaRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #20
Had an accident did $14,000 damage; had it repaired; new painted parts didn't match old painted parts; really bothered me for about six months, now I hardly even notice it.

Time will heal your wound.

melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote