Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2015, 08:51 AM   #15

Good thing you are handy! I've had mostly uneventful trips until the recent 2-month cross country we did. Garmin failed in the tow vehicle (replaced), Vizio failed for the second time in the RV (replaced with Samsung, wife lost center diamond out of engagement ring (insured), two of four turret bolts sheared on Sidewinder pinbox (drilled out by machine shop and replaced all 4), and finally, wheel bearing failure that took out hub and axle spline which left us stranded in Mountain Home, Idaho for 2 weeks. We just headed home after that.

SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm feelin' for you and it has to get better.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:12 AM   #17

Man do i admire your attitude !
But before you put the added weight of of your Old diesel engine trophy ( and motorcycle ) on the trailer, do everyone a favor and check your engine light / altenator so you have brake lights and buy a new air line so you don't put your baby on her roof, Or, my roof !
Old 10-26-2015, 02:07 PM   #18

Attitude has a lot to do with ability to handle the issues that come up. Plus a bit of handiness and skills to make the repairs, not being subject to a shop to do the work. Hope you have better luck with the rest of your trip though!

Keep it up, eventually you will get all the bugs worked out! I would have at least one spare for the trailer, I always have 2 when I take my car hauler trailer. Have also used both on a couple trips! My trailer fenders are all bent up from tires blowing up or shredding and making the fenders a mess.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:45 PM   #19

I sure hope chapter 2 is a happier one!
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:00 PM   #20

Not sure if "adventure" is the right word here. This almost sounds like buying a WWII parachute at the Army Navy store and going skydiving hoping it would still work.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:03 PM   #21

lucky thing you are a little handy or you wouldn't be able to afford to make it to the on ramp. When I have moments like this, the hardest thing is keeping my game face on for the wife and making her comfy as possible. Cause you know she's watching the show. Although she shares my pain I have to keep coming up with answers. A lot of people would be posting questions by now. Just remember Thou shalt not punch thy screwdriver through thy wall. Thou shalt not throw thy keys in the lake. Thou shalt not ..................????? Well, you got the idea. You keep this up and I'm going to need pics.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Hmmm, Silence... Don't suppose the DW shot'em do ya...
Old 10-27-2015, 06:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 Damon View Post
lucky thing you are a little handy or you wouldn't be able to afford to make it to the on ramp. When I have moments like this, the hardest thing is keeping my game face on for the wife and making her comfy as possible. Cause you know she's watching the show. Although she shares my pain I have to keep coming up with answers. A lot of people would be posting questions by now. Just remember Thou shalt not punch thy screwdriver through thy wall. Thou shalt not throw thy keys in the lake. Thou shalt not ..................????? Well, you got the idea. You keep this up and I'm going to need pics.
I love your "Thou Shalt Not ..." ideas!!! Do you have any more or maybe this be a great topic for a new thread!
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #24

Hondalee, where are you and what's happenin'? Your fans want to know!
Old 10-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
The engine light comes on so I find a place to pull over to check out the window engine temp,oil,belts and so on and find nothing wrong. So now I am thinking maybe the batteries are low and my high dollar classic is so smart it's trying to tell me, so I try to start the generator to charge the batteries and it starts rite a way. Humm maybe the dogs just hit the generator kill switch before, anyway we are just sitting next to the road letting them charge for a while and then give it a try and start the bus and what do you know no engine check light, all good back on the road on our way to Florida. The rest of the way was pretty uneventful other than stopping a few times a day to charge batteries. We finally make it and have a great spot on the waterfront $120 for seven days. The first few days were very good and uneventful except I found out we burned up and he element in the water heater so I had to clean flame sensors on frig and water heater till I can replace.
Then it starts to rain and rain and rain holy smokes is this ever going to stop? Of course this is not to mention the 30 to 40 knot winds along with the rain. We are hunkered down hiding in the bus when someone starts pounding on the door telling us we have to evaluate or we will be under water shortly. Apparently this is all due to a hurricane that hit Texas. So out in the wind and rain I go picking up to move to higher ground and that's where I sit now waiting for the rain to stop.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:28 AM   #26

Yea the game face has to last, the wife is not as easy going as I am and is a little negative about my classic bus at this point. I keep telling her this is kind of a dry run for the winter trip to Arizona, well dry except for all the rain.lol
Old 10-27-2015, 11:37 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Not sure if "adventure" is the right word here. This almost sounds like buying a WWII parachute at the Army Navy store and going skydiving hoping it would still work.
Well not quite as old as WW2 but the bus is a 1995 country coach concept, and unlike flying and skydiving I can pull over to work on the problem.
Years of being in the Infantry and years being refrigeration equip repair man tought me to suck it up and laugh about it.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
Man, you have perseverance... Two thumbs up for not throwing in the towel!

Our first trip this summer I didn't get more than 1/2 mile from the house & noticed that one of the front brake calipers was hanging up. Brake was smokin' hot. So back home, pull the caliper & work the piston in & out a while. Back on the road & only lost a couple hours. Needless to say, when we completed the trip (without further mishaps) I changed out BOTH front calipers. And resolved to try to drive it more often, and change brake fluid more often, too!

2000 Jayco 3230K Designer
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent