Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kxbronco View Post
So I roll into Wallyworld about 7:30pm and there is one other mh here. ... DW and I sit down to dinner during a monster storm and up pulls a refrigerated truck right next to us. Ten feet from my bed. Can't even here myself think! Hope he doesn't stay all night as that will result in no sleep for me.
Quote:
So now that we have gotten past the truck noise issue, lets talk about the other events of the night. Turned off the generator about an hour before bedtime and as I was getting ready to go to bed, I noticed that the frig was not running on propane.
How is a refer truck making noise objectionable, but your own generator is not?
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #44

My Buddy just pulled into Cabelas in Sydney NE. After being told it was $49.00 to sleep a few hours he left. Found a place ~2 miles away for $26.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:05 PM   #45

Traveling back to Michigan from Kentucky for the eclipse.
Could not find anything in Sothern Indiana.
No camping, truck stops or rest stops.
Finally found a Wal-Mart.
I was so tired I couldn't go any further.
Nice t be able to stop at a Wal-Mart when all else fails.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duoglide1 View Post
My Buddy just pulled into Cabelas in Sydney NE. After being told it was $49.00 to sleep a few hours he left. Found a place ~2 miles away for $26.
scratch cabelas
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:38 PM   #47

First Wallydocking Experience - NOT TO GOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Miller View Post
scratch cabelas

I have been there before...it has two areas...the regular area like every cabelas and then an actual campground the has hookups and cost money(it's their headquarters)...can park there for free but no hookups...also not that expensive...max is $30

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/cust...dneycampground

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1211.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	176149
Old 09-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duoglide1 View Post
As AFfiredawg pointed out, the RV park at Cabela's is $30. And if your buddy really just wanted to sleep for a few hours, they have electric/water sites for $22. (And they have some 10% discounts.)

Did he explain why he was being charged more than that?
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:38 PM   #49

Issac-1, would you happen to be in Niagara Falls?
Kxbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFfiredawg View Post
I have been there before...it has two areas...the regular area like every cabelas and then an actual campground the has hookups and cost money(it's their headquarters)...can park there for free but no hookups...also not that expensive...max is $30

Cabelas: Cabela's Sidney Campgound

Attachment 176149
unscrach cabelas
Safe-T-Plus
Old 09-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
How is a refer truck making noise objectionable, but your own generator is not?
Normally an RV generator isn't nearly as loud as a refer truck and it at least runs at a steady drone. The refer compressor kicks in and out all the time causing the engine to run at a very high idle for awhile and then throttle down until the temp rises enough to kick in the compressor again.
I drove commercial for a few years and sometimes I think the refer drivers got a kick out of pulling up close even though there were several other open spots available. Remember, they listen to the same noise as you and do it every night they're on the road.
Free has a cost sometimes.
JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #52

Quote:
Issac-1, would you happen to be in Niagara Falls?

Nope, I am home in western Louisiana at the moment, the photo I posted was taken 2 weeks ago almost to the hour in Hutchinson, KS at the Stratica Salt dome museum (well at the surface 650 feet above the museum).

3 or 4 nights before that I had spent the night at the Cabellas RV campground in Sidney Nebraska, it should be added you can get the first night there for free if you apply for a Cabellas credit card, also the laundry is $1 to wash and $1 to dry making it a great place to stop to do laundry.

As to refrigerated trucks, my families old business owned a number of refrigerated delivery trucks, the ones with the Thermo-King units mounted above the drivers head, those were loud, and would still ring in your ears hours after getting out of the truck.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:30 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I haven't seen any Cabella's in Texas yet , I'll check em out if I see one. THanks
Safe-T-Plus
Old 09-10-2017, 07:01 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladagobago View Post

The ultimate was in Virginia walmart where a trucker back up next to us at 1AM, in a parking lot that was empty except for me and there were at least 30 other places to park. Beep - Beep Beep Beep went the back alarm. After a bit he turn off the engine. BUT after a few minutes he started it up again - I guess to keep his air running. It was hot. AFter one hour I had enough and started my engine, did my safety check, Lots of air noises, ran a fast idle to warm the engine and as I left blew my air horns. I kept driving fo the next four hours to get to New Jersey at 5 am.
I am a bit confused. He ran his engine to keep cool, because you said it was hot, and he was wrong.

But you did not like it, so among other things, you ran your engine too, and that was not wrong.

And then, you blew your air horns at 2 am, not to stay comfortable, but just to be a ???. And somehow, you say the trucker was a wrong person, and you were not?

He made noise in an effort to keep comfortable, you did not like it. But you made even more noise, and air horns were not justifiable at all at 2 AM.

Who, in an objective analysis looks worse here, truckers or RVers?
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:16 PM   #55

Issac-1, the reason I ask is there is a Trek parked a few sites down from me that looks just like yours. They even have Louisiana tags. Thought it might be you.

Oatmeal, to your question about my generator not making objectionable noise, it does and that's why when I pulled into the lot I parked so that my generator exhaust was pointing away from the only other overnight rig that was there at the time. To compare my generator to the truck's diesel engine and the generator or whatever runs the reefer trailer from a sound perspective is liking comparing a watermelon to a raisin. There is no comparison. It is what it is. The driver of that rig made a choice to pull right up next to me when there were many places in the huge parking lot he could have parked. Why he did it I don't know and don't care. Just sucks that it happened. I moved and ended up having a good nights sleep. That's all that matters and I will stay and Wallyworld again.
Kxbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:48 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I am a bit confused. He ran his engine to keep cool, because you said it was hot, and he was wrong.

But you did not like it, so among other things, you ran your engine too, and that was not wrong.

And then, you blew your air horns at 2 am, not to stay comfortable, but just to be a ???. And somehow, you say the trucker was a wrong person, and you were not?

He made noise in an effort to keep comfortable, you did not like it. But you made even more noise, and air horns were not justifiable at all at 2 AM.

Who, in an objective analysis looks worse here, truckers or RVers?
U missed the point. I was the only rv there and there were 30 other places he could have parked coming in a 1am. So if he wanted to be the big HOLE so can I. People from NJ don't take lightly and have there own way of doing things. We all know from the the read of OP's that a few trucker do like to mess with RV's at wally's DONT blame me for getting PO'd and gettin back