Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2005, 07:22 AM   #1

not sure if this is the right section to post on or not..but how do ya'll store your fishing poles. (deep sea size)?? for some reason all my stuff is junk and needs to be thrown out but the three sets of golf clubs, 6 fishing poles, tools box, and tackle box we most have

In the old RV we were able to rig the poles to hangen up in the top on teh storage this RV is bulid a lot better so we can't use that same area,

San Antonio, Texas
DanJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2005, 07:22 AM   #2

not sure if this is the right section to post on or not..but how do ya'll store your fishing poles. (deep sea size)?? for some reason all my stuff is junk and needs to be thrown out but the three sets of golf clubs, 6 fishing poles, tools box, and tackle box we most have

In the old RV we were able to rig the poles to hangen up in the top on teh storage this RV is bulid a lot better so we can't use that same area,

San Antonio, Texas
DanJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:37 AM   #3

Lots of folks build their own from PVC pipe of the appropriate diameter, 4 to 8 inches being the sizes I saw. Then use the standard caps to keep them dry and free of moisture. Then they suspend them under the RV with metal "plumbers tape" for easy access and lightweight but durable storage. Some folks do the same for the sewer hoses, but drill drain holes in the bottom of the PVC pipe.

In my rig I had a side hallway and I used the wall mount storage system that has two metal brackets with four notches filled with hard foam that the poles snapped into. I spaced them the right distance apart on the hallway wall, and stored the poles that way in one piece, insted of having to break them down, and mounted the brackets high enough to not poke an eye out or be in the way otherwise. I made the mistake of not wrapping the reels in foam sheeting the first time and they abraded the wall from road vibrations. Store the reels in their boxes, or make covers of a suitable cushioning material if the reels are going to be left on the rods and rub against/contact the wall. The covers we made kept the dust out of the reels as well.
RV Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Dan,
I use a piece of PVC pipe, forgot which size, but it will hold 2 surf rods and a couple of fresh water rigs. It lays in my through bay along the front wall perfectly.
Of course fitting the tackle bags in was another problem 'cause I had to have the golf clubs too ya know.
Bill
Old 01-27-2005, 06:05 PM   #5

I used 4" PVC sewer pipe with a cap on one end and a screw in plug on the other end. I have it fastened to my ladder on the bach of my motorhome. It has 9 rods in it minus reels of course. I have found that you should have things as tight as possible to prevent any movement. Best thing is foam or pipe insulation on each if the pipe isn't full.