Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #15

We are in western Connecticut and the dealer is about 45 miles from us - also in Connecticut. I just get so tired of hearing about buying it for lower than their cost - if I could get him a little lower the ink will be flying.

Team Bullrider24
Bullrider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2008, 06:41 AM   #16

Hi Bullrider.
I just went through what you are doing and I think its half the fun of the buying process. You can't do to much research. You are looking at the right brands. Tiffin, Fleetwood, Winnebago, and Newmar have models in your price range which was the same as mine. The next suggestioni I have is look at the dealers on line inventory and keep a careful record of how long stuff stays on the lots. Don't let that MSRP sticker lead you to believe that is the price. High volume dealers will easily knock 20% off that. If it is sitting on the lot for several months it will go to 25%. Over a year you should argue for 30%. I looked for over a year and found an 07 Newmar Baystar that listed for 104,000 and I got it for 70,000. You should be able to do the same, just be flexible in what you think is an important feature and how much you want to pay for it. Don't get hung up on color if the price is right.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:19 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bullrider, FYI there was an add in my local paper for one of the LA dealers asking $86.9 for a similar Bounder (MSRP 112k)on the 32 foot model. $85k is definitely in the ball park. If they won't lower the price at all, try to have them throw in free stuff...chairs, lube jobs, high pressure water regular. There is always something else they can do to get that signature on the line. Exciting isn't it?
Old 01-27-2008, 01:22 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Don't forget to bargain for a full tank. With the cost of gas these days, that's work some $$.

I didn't realize until after we left the lot, that the dealer left us with only 1/4 tank of gas. How nice it would've been for the dealer to have included a gas card in our new owner pack (instead of that cheap sewer hose that won't hook to anything).

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #19

Thanks Davie, Rocky 2 and NLOVIT - all great words of wisdom and much appreciated. I am going to give him one more number but I know in the back of my mind that his number is very reasonable and if he doesn't knock a few more bucks off of it we may opt to not take the lot model and have one built (for the same number). He has already told me that I will get a full tank of gas and LP and they will throw in a brake controller for hauling my trailer. I looked through the option list and there are some big buck items that probably won;t get thrown in. THis is fun but very nerve-racking!

Team Bullrider24
Old 01-28-2008, 02:40 AM   #20

Rocky 2
Would you happen to know the name of the dealer for the Bounder? I would just like to get a hold of them and see what specs and options are on that unit -
Just collecting some ammunition
Thanks

Team Bullrider24
Old 01-28-2008, 06:57 AM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sure thing. It is Niel's RV in North Hills, Ca.
They have a toll free number and advertise the Bounder 32W every week. They used to be the largest dealer in California in terms of the Southwind 32VS. They seemed to have shifted their marketing to the Bounder this model year.

Niel's RV
Old 01-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #22

Bullrider24...See if the dealer will go for a Workhorse with Alcoa wheels at that price. Then you have a real good deal.
dickfrompasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #23

dickfrompasadena - I tried that belive me!!!! After he laughed and gave me the speech about losing money - I started to laugh! Is the workhorse that much better?

Team Bullrider24
Old 01-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You will get just as many folks on the Ford Chassis saying it is the best as those with the W22 Workhorse saying it is the best. The W22 usually adds about $3500 to the price. Drive both and see which fits you the best. Listen to the noise levels, drive on different kinds of roads, and try hanging a U turn to test the turning radius. Both are good, I have a Workhorse so you know which I think is better.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #25

The major advantage of the Workhorse is the 6 speed Allison Transmission.. 200,000 mile warranty. At the Hershey,PA show Fleetwood offered me the Workhorse and Alcoa wheels at no additional cost. My dealer had the Alcoa wheels on the Ford and steel on the Workhorse. I think you will be happy with either one. I sugggest you drive the both and then make your decision.
dickfrompasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dealer should not be its money out of his pocket if you find a DEALER whose serious about selling your what you want.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #27

Hi Bullrider just checked in on this site I just bought a 2008 Terra LX 34N a few days ago Have not had a real shakedown cruise yet ( we have been having snow which is not really supposes to happen here ha ha ) Terra and fiesta are identical they sell the terra here in canada not the fiesta The lx model gives you a few things I really like like full body paint and I took all options but 2 Serius radio and I forget what else If you like give me a call at 250-898-7924 Van Isle BC to compare notes Rod
Rod333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi bullrider, we have an '05 Fiesta put afew mod's on it, we are happy with it and have about 30,000 miles on it with no real problems. We tow a boat during the warm months and dirt toys during the cooler months.

Marty