Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2016, 04:13 PM   #1

Flex seal on rv roof

New to forum living in reno, nv. Trying to find any use of flex seal to repair leak in rv roof. Anyone have any experience using this product?

Thanks
amigotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2016, 05:10 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Probably OK on metal roofs, or on fiberglass (though I can't imagine why), but it's not listed as being compatible with EPDM rubber, which is the most common RV roof. I suppose it could be used on some seams.

But why not just use the stuff made for the purpose, e.g. Dicor lap sealant for the roof or Geocel Proflex for side seams? It doesn't cost any more...
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:51 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have done a bunch of reading on Flex Seal. Don't use it. Brand names to consider: Dicor, Eternabond, GeoFlex by Geocel.
spinroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:57 PM   #4

I have used it in a non-RV application. It is total junk. Began to peel and flake. To make sure it is done right, and done once, get the right stuff as mentioned above. I would not recommend it.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:09 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Yep, I read somewhere the test results on that stuff we're not good at all..
mwwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:39 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Would not use it on the RV but it fixed some badly leaking older gutters on my commercial building. Cost $15 and stayed watertight for 3 years in full sun and rain before needing to be recoated. Suits our budget better than replacing 100' of gutter right now!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:43 PM   #7

Well, I used it on my gutters to seal minor drips, and most of the drips continued...
So, I can't recommend it. Even tho they show you can make a boat out of it and wire mesh, you won't get me in it...
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #8

Thanks for you replies. My rig is 21ft dolphin which a fiberglass roof. I used the eternabond for the roof sides and has worked well. I want to do the complete roof. Any experience with upol raptor truck bedliner.
Or any experience with rexoseal out of canada.
Again, thanks and god bless
amigotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:34 AM   #9
Commercial Member

ive seen rhino bedliner used as a whole roof sealer. it does look good, comes in different colors, and is being marketed for that purpose. one company in yuma has done over 75 units over the last five years, and has had no complaint. i have been considering it for my coach, but will talk to a few more owners before i do it.
ive used spray flex seal with good results on a fiberglass truck cap. like most sealers,
if it is applied properly with the prep done right, you should expect good results.
a couple of horse trailer mfg are using a different brand to line the horse compartments. it looks great and does hold up according to the mfg.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof, seal