Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #1

Florida law firm launches RV warranty investigation

Florida law firm launches RV warranty investigation | RV Daily Report

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
That law firm better have a good phone/computer system, I'll bet it's going to be overloaded.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593, WIT 170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #3

Since the RV industry seems to be consolidating into mega corporations, now would be a good time to address all this shell game and pass the buck monkey business with the warranties. I, as a consumer, paid good money for an RV with a one year warranty and I expect the company to honor it. Fortunately, I have not had any warranty issues but I have read lots of horror stories.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #4

The lawyers might make a lot of money. The cost will be passed on to the consumer. Little else will change.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:56 PM   #5

I think this lawyer is just drumming up business. Personally, we haven't heard of anyone in our full-timing circle that had warranty issues.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
I think this lawyer is just drumming up business. Personally, we haven't heard of anyone in our full-timing circle that had warranty issues.
I'm sure there's a lot of people like us that just fixes their own coach. Most dealers want you to bring you coach in for the smallest items instead of just going to pick up the parts and doing it yourself. We have lights that are a known manufacturer defect and we have called the company for 3 so far that have gone out in less than a year. My dealer wants me to bring my 43 ft 5er which we live in over to get the smallest things done. Just get me the parts. We can install lights. Grrrr
I've heard most people prefer to just fix things themselves because of the long time wait for dealers to get things done. And then hope the repairs are done correctly. Which most the time they aren't
Justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwinginit View Post
.....I've heard most people prefer to just fix things themselves because of the long time wait for dealers to get things done. And then hope the repairs are done correctly. Which most the time they aren't
Count me in that group, I avoid RV dealer shops like the plague, warranty or not.

I also agree that this sounds like a lawyer in need of revenue and drumming up business.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:49 PM   #8

Our experience with our Newmar and previously with our Travel Supreme has been - even during warranty - if we wanted to do so, we could order the parts and have them shipped to us. However, with both units we just had a handful of small issues during warranty.

Our RVs never went in for major repairs - just regular maintenance and for that we made the appt. in advance when we were heading that direction. We'd pull in the day before, stay on their lot overnight and the work was always done the next day.

We never returned to our selling dealer. We were travelers.

I feel for folks that have warranty or repair issues.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:24 AM   #9

FWIW it's not just the long repair times. IT takes time and costs money to drive to the dealer. Given the number of complaints often cited most of it has to be simple things like loose screws that do not even need parts. 5 minutes with a toothpick and some glue and I can move a screw over enough to get the cabinet door lined up. Much easier than writing it up for the dealer then waiting for them to do it.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:45 PM   #10

Well, so much for the ez repair people, now let's hear from those who really have warranty problems. Surely there are some complicated conditions that need warranty service and can't seem to get it. Don't know if this attorney is just another get rich scheme,or maybe he is really trying to do some good. Time could tell us if there is a big problem or not.

Tags
florida