Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #29

Spartan Chassis
Hi all..
We have been wintering in Arizona for about 5 years,, Going again 10th of January.. We start out for about 2.5 months at Lake Havasu.. We tow our Pontoon down from Colorado with us so get plenty of boating in while we are there.. Then usually go to Catalina in Tucson and Patagonia lake for bird watching.. End up at Dead Horse Ranch in Cottonwood near Sedona.. We love it.. Florida is too crowded and congested for me..
JMHO..
Ron

04 Travel Supreme 40DS04
rhusak is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2015, 01:54 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
We are in Yuma for the winter....been windy & chilly 60s this year, last winter here was ideal weather

Old 12-16-2015, 04:35 PM   #31

The big factor for some is money, it'll cost about 3x as much to stay in S. Florida compared to AZ. The lowest monthly price I've found in FL is $650/mo., that's 30A service, no/few amenities.
There are many times more things to do in FL, but you must tolerate the hordes of people to enjoy them; and Key West is unlike any other part of the U.S.A.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #32

I lived in KY the first 35 years, then in S. FL (Palm Beach & Broward Cos) for 19 years, and have been in the South West for 15 years including five year of fulltiming. Now live @4,400 ft, 30 mile due north of Prescott, AZ where we have mild winters and mild summers, and very little rain. The only reason I go east is to visit family, and not very often for that. Still have a Condo near Ft Lauderdale and gave the keys to a management firm and have not seen it for five years.

I love the high desert, the back roads, the mountains, the rocks... If it's SW, I love it. You can drive up a mountain side here and look over the top and see forever! Can't do that in FL.

I acclimated to the "dry heat" of AZ a lot faster than the "wet heat" of FL.

Will never go back!

H

hdossett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:37 AM   #33

This year, weather in the SW will be quite different. Read the weather advisory on the home page of militarycampgrounds.us.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:55 AM   #34

Howdy!

Forget both and come to Texas, it has everything your need.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
Old 12-17-2015, 11:09 AM   #35
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We're doing Florida this Winter because we have relation there that we haven't visited for some time.

In reality we really like the southwest. Last year we did New Mexico and Arizona, and the year before we did Texas. Really like all three.

Florida for my money is just too congested and way too much traffic. There is a lot to see and do however.

Texas has it all. Beaches, lakes, BBQ, ect.

NM and AZ have beautiful vistas and peace and quiet.

I guess it's whatever your need it.
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #36

If you do Texas, stay up in the hill country or further north. Anything south of that and you may as well be in florida. Still have the mosquitoes, humidity, etc.

For example, we are staying in Port Aransas next week. Weather report is highs in the low 70s, lows in mid- to hi-60s, and humidity in the 90s to 100% range much of the week.

We were hoping for a cool front or two so we could bundle up and walk the beach, but instead, I will be in a bathing suit, likely on a surfboard out in the water.

Definitely NOT the way we wanted to spend Christmas week.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:35 PM   #37

I haven't been to either place. ( that is for the whole winter). Just getting started and will be trying a warmer climate to get away from our COLD winters. Arizona is a longer trip for me, from N. Georgia, but it sounds as though reading through the posts AZ is one place that would really interest me.

Tags
arizona, florida