Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #1

Florida or Massachusetts?

We are in the process of selling our MH. We live in Massachusetts, but the motorhome spent most of its life in Texas. We bought it there, took it across the country and back to MA, where it sits in storage as we speak.

One thing we noticed on our trip through the south, Texas, the Southwest, California, etc. was the number of huge RV dealers. There is nothing like that in the Northeast at all, which leads us to believe that there just isn't the demand up here.

Here's my question: Do you think it would be worth while to bring it to Florida and sell it from there? My brother lives down there and could handle the sale, or I could consign it at one of the big dealers.

Or, does the fact that I have the only Excursion for sale in MA make it more likely to sell here?

Just wonder if anyone has any experience with any of the above.
4tfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Your season is about to start up there so I would give it a chance before moving it .
Good luck

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi 4tfamily,
There are not many dealers in the New England states due to the cost of doing business. It has nothing to do with demand. That being said, selling a coach, by yourself means you need to advertise and handle all the steps of selling the coach. The bottom line is if you are willing to take command of the process steps it matters not where the coach is located. Like Cliff said the season for coaches is just starting in your area.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #4

iRV2 No Limits Club
Just my opinion, but I have lived in both states.

Florida will sell faster but cheaper.

Mass. will sell for more but take longer.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Opinion: Trailers sell better in New England; Motorhomes sell better in the South.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We used to live in southern Worcester County and our search for a used coach took us all over New England. From our own experience there just weren't very many quality coaches available and what was available was in pretty sad shape. We gradually expanded our search until we found what we wanted in TX.

I do remember an Excursion that was for sale by a private owner in Uxbridge. I looked at it and it was in very nice condition. It just wasn't what we wanted. However it did sell in less than 2 months time.

That all being said, the season is upon us and if your coach is in very good condition you may be able to find a buyer in New England.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida