Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2014, 06:02 AM   #29

would never go to florida im heading to texas next winter, and I know what you mean by hospitality there

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2014, 08:04 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Kro1957; As to the toll road I've no idea, we always ran 275 to Dale Mabry Hwy, and took that straight south to the base. Saw the signs for the Toll Road but couldn't understand what it was saying about auto toll collection etc.

D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #31

Nor'easters Club
Smile florida

Lobstah, How come Clearwater? We did the same thing, sold the mass house came down to find a home 6/12 ..bought in a gated community and loving every minute of it here in North port,fl. We stayed in st.pete as there were a few campgrounds there(roberts) as we were visiting bro in st.pete. Have a safe trip and wish ya the best. paul
Old 01-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #32

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tx or Az for us next year. Trying Florida for us this year was a mistake. So my spot is open for one more northerner. Florida was beautiful and warm just to crowed and expensive. $1200-2000 a month in a hand packed park.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #33

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief02 View Post
Tx or Az for us next year. Trying Florida for us this year was a mistake. So my spot is open for one more northerner. Florida was beautiful and warm just to crowed and expensive. $1200-2000 a month in a hand packed park.
You got the wrong park. Site rents can be as cheap as $300.00 with elbow room. Don't blame the state of Florida because you did not do enough research.

Sorry you had a bad experience.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #34

Nor'easters Club
Smile fl

Ditto...
Old 01-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Kro1957; As to the toll road I've no idea, we always ran 275 to Dale Mabry Hwy, and took that straight south to the base. Saw the signs for the Toll Road but couldn't understand what it was saying about auto toll collection etc.
"Auto Toll Collection" means that a picture will be taken of your car & Tag number and you should get a bill, in the mail, as soon as we track you down. Hee Hee.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #36

I haven't had to put the hardtop on the tracker yet this winter here in southern Az. 73 today
Old 01-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #37

iRV2 No Limits Club
Upon reflection each winter area has some drawbacks.

Arizona: Wind, Valley fever, dust storms

Texas: Crime near the borders, wind

Florida: Some grumpy residents that most likely forgot that they were from somewhere else, one time.

So as they say: "Pick your poison."

All three states have some very positive things about them also.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post

Clay. how could you forget the winter of 75-76, when we had snow falling as far South as Tampa / St Pete? I don't know about you, but THAT freaking winter was a whole lot more chilly than this year (so far!).
I lived in Boca Raton in 78 when it snowed there. Much further south than Tampa. I don't remember it being especially cold that winter but the snow I'll number forget.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #39

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
When you Florida Snow birds are tired of being kicked around by ungrateful Floridians (people who got there first) come to The Rio Grand Valley and be a Winter Texan. They have parades and parties and welcome signs: say howdy when you arrive; and are sad to see you leave. Screw Florida.
My parents stay (wintering) in South Texas and have commented since the price of diesel went up years ago, there is always sites in the parks. Back 6-7 years ago, you needed to put down a deposit 3-6 months before hand to get a site. They get there mid Nov. now. Talked to them Sunday and they said another batch of Canadians just arrived. So I think this last cold spell brought them down. They have tried all parts of the country and like the Rio Grand Valley because it's cheaper (under $400 a month).
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:16 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjkellrvers View Post
Lobstah, How come Clearwater? We did the same thing, sold the mass house came down to find a home 6/12 ..bought in a gated community and loving every minute of it here in North port,fl. We stayed in st.pete as there were a few campgrounds there(roberts) as we were visiting bro in st.pete. Have a safe trip and wish ya the best. paul
Paul,
Not sure where we'll end up, but that seemed to be a convenient starting point. We made a few trips last year, looking at towns. Really liked Safety Harbor, so that's high on the list for when our home in Mass sells. We also like Northport and Punta Gorda.
This will work for now, as the park has easy access to public transportation throughout Pinellas County, as well as the trail system. A few miles from the beach, and I can still get to the airport pretty easily for work.

Stay tuned

Jim
Old 01-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobstah View Post
We will be leaving Mass the end of Feb, headed for Clearwater area. We're not snowbirds, we're transplants, MOVING to the area. I called several campgrounds in the area, and they were all filled up, so not sure how "late" folks are arriving in that area.
Ended up in Palm Harbor at Sherwood Forest for the month of March. $900 + elec.
Not sure where we'll go after that, because it will depend on the status of our house in Mass.
And yeah...looking forward to no state income tax and the rest of this new adventure

Jim
Jim, Welcome to FL. Your going to love the Tampa, Clearwater area. Right now it's darn cold! Colder than I've seen in decades. However, by Friday "everything goin to be all-right."
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Florida this Winter has been a disappointment, but Southern TX has been cool as well. AZ has been the place to be this Winter thus far, but they may be headed for cooler weather now for several weeks. Bottom line, when the jet stream runs from the Northwest Territories direct to Northern FL, the Eastern two thirds of the US is going to be colder than normal.

OTOH, if it is going to be cool, I'd rather pay 4-500 a month in TX that 800-1400 a month in FL.

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida