Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #43

Don't blame Florida on the weather! Blame the States north of us for sending down all that cold air!
I just wonder how many folks are froze in up north and can't get their rigs out to come down here? Feb and March seem to be the busy months in Florida.

Stano

Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #44

I'd rather wake up in Florida to 50deg and think "Wow...it's chilly for Florida!" than wake up in Mass to 5deg, and say "Damn...I'm really starting to HATE this!" And I'm from Maine. This winter has been bitter.

Just sayin

Jim

Old 01-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I would love to be in either Fl or Tx, Az, anything above ZERO
They are saying same next week, but highs above ZERO days and Below ZERO @ night.
In the long run, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else

js,tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #46

Freightliner Owners Club
I really wanted to make a comment.....but I have to go out and plow before it gets too dark!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5367.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	607.8 KB
ID:	55019  
Old 01-30-2014, 06:13 PM   #47

I pay 400$ a month in Florida in a park with all the amenities and social activities 4 miles from the Indian River Lagoon. Several nice parks nearby are less than 600$ a month. A few parks in the area are 800$ and up, either being on the river or a big resort. If Florida is too expensive, that is your choice. Additionally, I much prefer humidity to desert conditions. Judging by the number of Canadians and folks from the NE that have appeared here in the last 2 months, I'm not alone.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:51 PM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
We lucked out, I decided to go to Quartzsite, Arizona this year, only because I hadn't been here before, man that was a good move.

Been here since about the 22nd, had a time driving out of the wind and snow from Indiana through Missouri, awful. I was going to leave for La Vegas yesterday or today and now its supposed to be really cold up there. It's going to cool down here too but not as bad as other places so here till at least next Wednesay.

I was hoping to cruise back across 10 over to Florida after Vegas, stay awhile and then head north to Indiana. Will still be cold back home but hope to miss the worst of it. Hope it isn't this bad next year. I like spring, summer, and fall up north and never thought the winter would be like this, lets hope its a one time thing.

Last time I went south to Padre Island I didn't care that much for it. There were lots of empty businesses, seems like it was due to the last hurricane down there.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
I really wanted to make a comment.....but I have to go out and plow before it gets too dark!!
We call that snow you have a dusting compared to here!!!
It took us 5 hours yesterday plowing ours ,plus 2 neighbors to the right of us and 2 neighbors to the left of us, oyea and the Yellow thing on the corner.
Retirement is so wonderful...
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #50

As stated elsewhere here FL uses a camera system if you do not have a FL EZpass. They will take your license plate photo and mail you the toll bill which will be at the higher rate of a two tier rate. EZpass is way cheaper and can be purchased at about any large supermarket. Note that FL EZpass is good only in FL and not out of state. Also Out of state EZpass is not useable in FL
Old 02-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #51

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
We call that snow you have a dusting compared to here!!!
It took us 5 hours yesterday plowing ours ,plus 2 neighbors to the right of us and 2 neighbors to the left of us, oyea and the Yellow thing on the corner.
Retirement is so wonderful...
tb
XX2 Our snow pack is way...way down this year. You guys got it all this year. In April last year we were still waiting for the snow pack to melt so we could get the MH out of the shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5249.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	533.3 KB
ID:	55143  
Old 02-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
When you Florida Snow birds are tired of being kicked around by ungrateful Floridians (people who got there first) come to The Rio Grand Valley and be a Winter Texan. They have parades and parties and welcome signs: say howdy when you arrive; and are sad to see you leave. Screw Florida.
Nice, warm friendly people are welcome in FL at any time. Those with an attitude, we send to Texas thank you for making room for those that appreciate Florida.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #53

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Checked out several RV parks around Tampa last week for future use. Heard the same comment form most of them, snowbirds were not coming in as fast as before, but still coming in even now. On the way home up I-95 you could not go 5 minutes without seeing and RV heading south with 80% of them being MH's. So is everyone heading south a little later this year and why?
Basically ZERO interest on my bonds and CDs is pretty much putting our travel plans on hold. Thanks, Ben!

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhauler View Post
As stated elsewhere here FL uses a camera system if you do not have a FL EZpass. They will take your license plate photo and mail you the toll bill which will be at the higher rate of a two tier rate. EZpass is way cheaper and can be purchased at about any large supermarket. Note that FL EZpass is good only in FL and not out of state. Also Out of state EZpass is not useable in FL
That is changing. I just had to purchase a new Leeway/Sunpass transponder because FL is going on the nationwide toll system including EZPass by 2016. North Caroline was just added with the new transponders and more states will be added this year. https://www.leewayinfo.com/LWinfo_press.html

Computer technology is changing all of that for the better.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:42 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
That is changing. I just had to purchase a new Leeway/Sunpass transponder because FL is going on the nationwide toll system including EZPass by 2016. North Caroline was just added with the new transponders and more states will be added this year. https://www.leewayinfo.com/LWinfo_press.html

Computer technology is changing all of that for the better.
I've always been amazed that certain states, Mass being one of them, held out for SO long thinking they could make a BETTER system than everyone else was using, only to finally figure out that, no...they can't.
Interesting that their not switching over until 2016. I have 5 EZpass transponders, and we're moving to FL at the end of the month. Guess I'll have to switch everything over... GGGRRRRrrrrrrrrrr...

Jim
Old 02-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #56

If you know that you will be returning for visit etc to areas that your present EZpass works then would hang on to at least one. My daughter moved from NYC to VA last summer and kept her NY EZpass . Just changed billing address to VA. EZpass and billing works just fine. This allows her use of it when she returns to company headquarters in NYC

Tags
florida