Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Snowbirds out of sync?

Checked out several RV parks around Tampa last week for future use. Heard the same comment form most of them, snowbirds were not coming in as fast as before, but still coming in even now. On the way home up I-95 you could not go 5 minutes without seeing and RV heading south with 80% of them being MH's. So is everyone heading south a little later this year and why?
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #2

The rough weather blowing them south? It's all good. Their money is welcome here in Florida. ;-)
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #3

We got a late start due to my father-in-laws doctor appts. So far the weather here in Avon Park,FL isn't much better than Aiken,SC.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:01 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
It is possible the weather caused delays in southbound traffic. Our friends started a week late due to deep snow at their north SB. I believe this winter's weather caught a lot of people by surprise, both with the amount of snow and the abnormally cold temps, including here in Florida where it is anywhere from 10 to 20 degrees below normal. It is downright cold at night and the temps seem to be lasting at least until Feb.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:55 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe prior commitments?? We still have some arriving in our park and still some empty sites as well.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:02 AM   #6

We're in Silver Springs, FL., and man it's been colder than normal. I'm thinking of going further south....maybe Havana.LOL
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:12 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
We're in Silver Springs, FL., and man it's been colder than normal. I'm thinking of going further south....maybe Havana.LOL
Yep, that's where you would have to go this year! I have been a native for 66 years and never experienced this cold for such an extended time. Looks like it will continue Ocala, Silver Springs is notorious for being very cold and very hot. We have nieces in Miami, they can't find warm coats because the stores are low on inventory! Go figure?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:12 AM   #8

It's not much fun in the KEYS lately...windy and 60's...50's overnite and lotsa rain. I'm down here for two months and am bored as heck. Didn't bring an automobile only mtcyls so we're highly exposed to the poor weather. Last three major trips down here in past years was always in the 80's...so that's what we expected.

Thank You Al Gore.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:15 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
im near the cape coral area an just hit 43 degrees outside. colder earlier sunshine is out
Old 01-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
That may be true in the Tampa area, but I can assure you that they sure showed up down in here in South Florida in droves…right on time, and they have filled the local streets.

But at least I don't pay State Income Tax due to their contribution, so I guess I can put up with it for a couple months during the "season".
Old 01-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
I have been a native for 66 years and never experienced this cold for such an extended time.
Clay. how could you forget the winter of 75-76, when we had snow falling as far South as Tampa / St Pete? I don't know about you, but THAT freaking winter was a whole lot more chilly than this year (so far!).
Old 01-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
But at least I don't pay State Income Tax due to their contribution, so I guess I can put up with it for a couple months during the "season".[/QUOTE]

X2. :-)))))
Old 01-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool

money, money and Yes, NO money But at least I can go out too Camp Driveway and start her up and pretend... Cheap Rates and good miliage Not today though currently -20 yes -20 The dogs don't even want to go out!!!!
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #14

When you Florida Snow birds are tired of being kicked around by ungrateful Floridians (people who got there first) come to The Rio Grand Valley and be a Winter Texan. They have parades and parties and welcome signs: say howdy when you arrive; and are sad to see you leave. Screw Florida.

Tags
florida