Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
. . . I have replaced all of mine with Led tubes from RVLEDBulbs.com - RV LED Bulbs, RV LED Lights and Light Accessories. They carry the excellent Revolution brand led tubes and also the slightly less expensive Ming brand. I have the Revolutions.
Those are quite righteous. Until they get the cost down considerably I'll have to stick to the fluorescents. I did replace the two over the couch reading lamp bulbs with leds because the regulars were so hot. The leds do not put out as much light as the others did so I wind up running an under-the-cabinet fluorescent light next to the couch to suppliment the led light when I'm reading.

Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Leds are now available in a range of Kelvin temperatures (color of light).

The RVledbulbs.com site has a data sheet that gives the Kelvin temperature for each of the Revolution brand Leds they sell.

Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Turned out to be loose connections in the breaker panel
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:58 AM   #18
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Thats possible, I think it happens on shore power as well but not positive. Or are you saying power could be diverted from shore power to charging and therefore starving the lights?

I will check the state of charge the next time it happens.

Thanks for the idea.
The shore power never powers my 12 volt DC lights directly. Only Alternating Current things like TV, Microwave, Water heater, converter/charger, etc. As the converter/charger comes on and off intermittantly, or any of the others cut in or out there can be some change in 12 volt lighting, but hardly noticable.
I did have a DC 20amp fuse take about a month to go from partial fail to complete failure. Only then was I able to solve my variable lighting problem. It was the only one of two lighting circuits acting up so I should have suspected the fuse sooner but it did look and test OK. As soon as it was replaced the issue was resolved.
04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 03 Honda CRV/2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, 7 Group 31 Optima AGMs, 2000watt PSW inverter
"Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #19
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are a number of thigns that can "Dim" a florcesent lamp.

First, of course, is house voltage, 13.6 is nice and bright, 11.5 not so bright (A big difference)

The "Ballast" is really an invrter, it can be failing.

As lights grow older sometimes they fail to "Start" properly. (Some fixtures have starters that can fail too but ThinLight does not use this type, nor any of the other RV suppliers that I know of)

My guess is, so long as the voltage (Best measured at the fixture) is good, the lamps may be reaching end of life.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote