Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2008, 04:58 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Absolutely agree. One of y pet peeves is unattended vehicles left at the pumps. Screws up the whole place.

lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #16
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
With regard to pulling forward after fueling at the RV pumps, most of the time, there isn't enough room to make any difference.

My pet peeve is having to go inside to get a receipt. If Flying J would put a receipt outlet at the pump location, it would go a lot smoother.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With regard to pulling forward after fueling at the RV pumps, most of the time, there isn't enough room to make any difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct.

The RV pumps and propane station are usually too tight.

I've had to pass on several propane purchases.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #18
Administrator Emeritus

My "pull forward" advice was really meant for those of us that utilize the much busier truck fueling area....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:56 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Not a good idea to pull forward if you dont have your receipt. Its Flying Js reponsibility to provide a receipt at the pump and I would not be comfortable letting the pump reset for the next person before closing my sale.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #20

To pull forward is aways the correct thing to do. If you can't get far enough ahead to allow the next rig in, pull around to the RV parking space, then go into the store. If you note how many Dollars your pump read when you shut it off they will have that record and the proper receit. Never had a problem.
It is upseting to fellow Rvers that just sat and watched you pump 100 gallons and waited their turn to now see you disapear into the store to stand in line for 20 minutes just to get a receit.
Please pull around the world was not created just for you.
Ron
Old 01-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Sidewinder has it right. FJ has a record of your purchase.

I swipe the FJ for the cash price and one cent discount first, then my Chase M/C for my 5% discount. Every bit helps.

I stay away from the RV islands too. Winslow AZ. has to be one of the worst.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:22 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I often use a station across the street from FJ. The pricing is usually the same and much less of a traffic hassle. FJ's one cent discount is just about meaningless with gas/fuel at &gt;$3 a gallon.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:26 AM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
OpaRon,
PUC is Public Utitities Commission. Most interstate trucks figure the fuel tax by the miles driven in Oregon, so do not pay the tax at the pump. (just in case you really cared what PUC stood for)
Old 01-14-2008, 07:12 AM   #24

Thanks, Two Sailors. I was pretty sure I didn't have it right - and I really don't care since I don't get that price anyway, but it is often confusing when trying to read the price I pay while traveling and the sign scrolls too fast - or too slow!

BTW, where and when did you serve in the USN? I retired in July 05, but was "older than dirt" before I went on AD in 1981.

OpaRon
2005 Dutch Star DP 4009
2002 4Runner Toad
1 wife - 46 years and counting
1 dog - Lucy the Terror

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
OpaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:47 AM   #25

Tom N has a point that I think of everytime I am waiting at Flying J. When I do the math I save at most $1.50 from the gas station across the street if I fill up my tank the whole way which of course I won't. So is the hassle, long wait and tight fit do to all the traffic worth it. Of course my first thought is "Oh, I am saving money" and then I don't think rationally until I have plenty of time to sit in line waiting for gas

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:03 AM   #26
Administrator Emeritus

While Tom indeed has a valid point, with a 45 foot coach pulling a 24 foot Stacker trailer I couldn't fit into the "station across the street" so the truck islands worked for me.... I'd suspect there are others in this same boat.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:26 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
While Tom indeed has a valid point, with a 45 foot coach pulling a 24 foot Stacker trailer I couldn't fit into the "station across the street" so the truck islands worked for me.... I'd suspect there are others in this same boat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should have stated, "the truck stop across the street". There often is one and it's almost always less busy.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #28

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
When DW and I take the 2002 Prevost Marathon 45 xl with the 24 Stacker we have no choice but to use the truck line for fuel..
but when we are in other 2006 THOR M/H at 32 ft no problem with or w/o our toad almost any fuel station will do.that is why we have both and she loves to drive the 32 ft by herself, no complains by me , more time to watch games or tv on the TRAC VISION R5 in -motion with dual LNB sat going down the road Directv. with the HD