Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #43

Mid Atlantic Campers
Gary, I have more problems with those cards then it's worth. I have never gotten the cash price when i use a credit card, even with the RV card. it must be something I'm doing wrong.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2008, 02:38 AM   #44

I have used my FJ card and AE card east,west,south & north over the last several years and have always received the cash price.
FJ was not taking Visa at some stops. FJ sent me a M/C from their own bank, it combines the FJ card and the credit card into one card.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
C&C,

That is the Flying J Travel Plaza & Service Center not to be confused with the Flying J Travel Plaza 5 miles down the road in Wytheville? I'll make a note and we'll be sure to stop when we are up that way.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
The Flying J RV card no longer gives a 1 cent discount on all gas purchases. A new Program started as of February 1, 2008.
Now to get any gas discount you have to buy $10 in the store or restaurant that will give you a 3 cent discount but only up to 100 gallons.
Spend $30 in the store or restaurant & you get 5 cent discount.
Same thing applies to Propane discounts but with Propane there is no limit on how many gallons you can buy in the month.
If you want to see the new program here is the link to it.
http://www.flyingj.com/programs/rvclub.cfm
MikeCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #47
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Mike,

Well, that's a crappy change. It wasn't good enough for them that I was buying my fuel (not just for our coach, but for our cars, too) & propane. Now they want me to buy more from them so I can get my discounts?!?!? GRRRRRRRR

L-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:45 AM   #48
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
At least we still get the cash price when using a credit card.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Mike,
I'm not sure about what you've said. I sent an email to the J and asked for clarification. I was told by a J VP that the program is in addition to the basic discount. It is an opportunity to receive more than we have in the past. When I receive the reply, I post here again.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #50

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GaryKD:
Mike,
I'm not sure about what you've said. I sent an email to the J and asked for clarification. I was told by a J VP that the program is in addition to the basic discount. It is an opportunity to receive more than we have in the past. When I receive the reply, I post here again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That will be interesting because a number of folks have posted they were refused discount when they went in and asked about it not being on ticket.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #51

We stopped at a Flying J on Sunday. Spent $150 on diesel. Noticed on my slip no discount. When I asked they said I hadn't made $10 in store purchases hence no discount.
We were p*****. Waited to get diesel until we got to that Flying J. No more.

2007 Itasca Meridian DP
C&C R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #52

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We stopped at the Flying J South of Sikeston,Mo. last week and not only got the 1 cent discount with the RV card and credit card but also two free cups of coffee and the cash price...the 3 cent discount is only if you buy things extra in the store...

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #53
paz

We bought gas for the toad today at the Flying J adjacent to Lazy Days in Seffner, FL. Haven't bought anything in any FJ store for months, but I ran my RV Discount Card to see what would happen. What happened was NO DISCOUNT.

The bottom of my receipt reads as follows:
"RV INFO
Current Disc 0.00 cents
MTD (month to date) Purchases $0
Purchases needed to Reach 3.00 cents $10"

If this new so-called discount program is supposed to be in addition to the old 1 cent discount, someone needs to get all the Flying J locations on the same page.

My guess is the old 1 cent discount is out; but some locations haven't had their computers updated yet to calculate the more complicated, new discount system, so they are continuing the old 1 cent discount for the time being. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, Gary KD hears back from FJ headquarters.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
I received an answer from:
Mark Adamson
Director
Flying J Inc
Mark.Adamson@flyingj.com

The discount program now requires non-fuel purchases to earn a discount on fuel and propane. After reading the terms & Conditions of the program, I feel the J has missed the RV target market. I do not feel the new program will serve the majority of the RV market. I am now in the process of authoring an email of concern to the J. It will take a while to do this because a person usually gets only one chance to explain their concerns and I want this to be done correctly.

I encourage each of you to:
email Mark, at the above mentioned email address with your concern about the new J program. Or, you can post here and I'll include your concerns in my email to Mark. I will send the email around the first week in April.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:43 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Gary,

I do applaud your approach to getting changes from Flying J. I will send a note to the guy.

However, I have to believe that Flying J realized they were losing money. Most gas stations make very little on the gas itself. Almost all the margins are made in the store. Hence, the program would be linked to in store spending.

Here I come w/my RV. I pump the gas and leave or stay in the parking lot. I might use the dump station, air or water. I don't buy anything in the store or the restaurant as I have all I need in the coach.

Also, I would still pick a Flying J w/o the discount because of the services, layout, etc.

I'm not saying that I don't want the discount program. Only that I bet Flying J did the math and found the program wasn't making them money.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

I sent an email to Adamson, lamenting the new discount program. No threats - just telling him we are very disappointed in the new discount structure. May not do any good at all, but if RVers don't let FJ know they are unhappy, surely nothing will change.

The extra discount for in-store purchases has actually been around for some time - I saw it on the FJ site last year. It's the elimination of the bottom tier (1 cent for $0 inside purchases) that is the real change.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote