Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #43

Thor Owners Club
Today we stopped at a Pilot, first time in the truck lanes, with the DP. My Flying J card would not work. Went inside and the clerk gave me a new Pilot Rv card that she says will give us RV'ers the 3 cent discount at both Pilot and Flying J in the truck lanes.
Did not try it today, just topped off. You have to get at least 25 gallons to get the
discount. Anyone else have a Pilot Rv card? Does it really work?
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
In the near future, I'm going to register my card at the Seffner, Florida J. Then I'll see if what the Pilot/J HQ staff told me is true or not. Life changes as one gets older. This task may actually a highlight of the trip!
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 01-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #45

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Iwas just at the Seffner FL/ lazy days Flying J.....cashier told me discount not honored in truck lanes....only at the MH islands.....not marked....no signeage at all......change happens in fits and starts.
Sun City Center, FL
Old 01-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Hi wmpbauer,
Thanks for posting this. I have let Pilot/J know about your experience. With the Tampa RV Super Show next week I asked them to get the Seffner location up to speed immediately. We'll see what happens.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
what % discount on BLUE AMEX ? dykedelta1
Old 01-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #48
a k

Newmar Owners Club
We use to get $.06 /gal off for paying cash in the truck lanes but that was the same price as the car/RV lane. Is the trucks and the car/RV price the same on the pumps or are they stiffing you for $.03?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Hi dykedelta1,
The cash rebate on AMEX is 5% (not 5 cents/gallon) on fuel. I've been using this card for years, since its' creation. My card is called the cash rebate card. That is the old name. The new name is Blue Cash. 5% cash rebate on food, fuel and pharmacy. One gets 1.25% on all other purchases.

There are always details to get he cash back, but this card has suited me very well, for a very long time. Go to http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...about/BlueCash and read about this card.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Well ,checked out AMEX ,they only allow 1 % now .john
Old 01-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Anyone know procedure on Dump staions at fly J now .Still confused on desil price truck lane versus aoto lanes ,cash or Fly J card or master card. I purchased BPn credit csrd with asvertised 5% fuel cash rebate ,but got tripped up at a TA station selling BP and credit card CO. said could not honor .John
Old 01-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #52

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I filled up at Pilot today and asked the cashier for an Advantage card before fueling. She handed me a Professional Drivers card. The line behind me was long so I asked if it was ok if I registered the card online. She said sure and seemed happy with this request.
This evening I registered the card online and it gave me 300 points and 1.5 showers to start with. After registering I saw there are different discounts for the RV card and Pro card. It seems the Pro card gives a 7 dollar dump discount instead of the 5 dollar dump discount for the RV card. Also the RV card gives a .03 cent diesel discount or a .02 cent gasoline discount and a .10 cent propane discount. I am now thinking I should also ask for an RV card for the gas discount, and get the dump discount on the Pro card. Maybe I'll even use the free shower some time.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:37 AM   #53

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
I am now thinking I should also ask for an RV card for the gas discount, and get the dump discount on the Pro card. Maybe I'll even use the free shower some time.
You only have a week from issue of the free shower credit to use it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-09-2011, 04:24 AM   #54

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Upon settling my bill at the Emporia Ks. Flying J last Nov., I was given a voucher for a "half of a free shower".. The clerk didnt say which half...rgr...
Old 01-09-2011, 05:04 AM   #55
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykedelta1 View Post
...Still confused on desil price truck lane versus aoto lanes...
As I understand it, there are 2 issues with the difference in price between truck lanes and auto/RV lanes.

1. In the truck lanes, there is a higher price for credit card purchases whereas in the auto/RV lanes, cash and credit prices are the usually the same.

2. Some states have a higher tax on diesel fuel used by commercial trucks. The auto/RV lanes charge the tax lower rates for passenger vehicles.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Hi dykedelta1,
Go to the link in post #49. I just went to the link. Went thought the calculate savings exercise. The Blue Cash card is exactly the same as it has always been. Once one satisfies the minimums, gas, groceries and pharmacy is at 5%. Everything else is at 1.25%. The minimums may not be for everyone. For me, it is not a problem.
Closed Thread