Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #15

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
Look, I know this is about FJ.

We have had the BLUE AMEX card for years and the money saved is way more than FJ. And the money saved comes back in the form of a CHECK each year.

Just saying....

Kerry
I agree, I made this same point on the last thread about Pilot and FJ
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

I had no problem registering my cards. They picked up my old card from my logon id and I added the new Pilot/FJ RV card that i got a couple months ago. You don't need to register under different names - multiple cards are ok.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Yesterday evening after reading the original post I went to the Pilot Website, went to the frequent fueler portion, filled out the necessary information to register/create an account. This created an account for me, when I opened my account under loyality cards was listed the number of my Flying J RV Real Value Card. Pump start was not activated, have to do that at the cashier desk of a J or Pilot. There must be some interfacing going on because the Pilot Website knew my Flying J RV Real Value Card number.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Old 12-23-2010, 05:20 AM   #18
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikester View Post
Yesterday evening after reading the original post I went to the Pilot Website, went to the frequent fueler portion, filled out the necessary information to register/create an account. This created an account for me, when I opened my account under loyality cards was listed the number of my Flying J RV Real Value Card. Pump start was not activated, have to do that at the cashier desk of a J or Pilot. There must be some interfacing going on because the Pilot Website knew my Flying J RV Real Value Card number.

Spike
I did the same thing with the same results, but I assumed the pump start was not activated because I had not yet bought 500 gal of fuel following registration of the card. Are you sure you still have to go to the cashier?
Old 12-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
For the pump start feature, one must appear at the Pilot/J cashier to register for this feature. At that time the cashier will ask for a driver's license and enter that information into their system. Then one can start to work on getting the 500 gallons pumped to FINALLY get the pump start feature made available to him/her.

For me having to pump the 500 gallons before the feature is activated seems to be a punitive measure. Once they have the customer's information there is no logic to having to pump 500 gallons before the feature starts being made available.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 12-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #20
paz

Is the pump start feature for the RV lanes, the truck lanes, or both?

I just stopped at FJ in the toad, and the pumps started at the auto lanes, so maybe I'll just take the RV there since it will almost always fit. I hate to block 2 pumps for as long as it takes to full the tank; but, if necessary, I will do that to avoid having to go inside - twice. It's either that or go somewhere else.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
I registered on line with no problem today.
It took my old RV Card number.

I won't sign up for the start program. As my MH getting over 10 MPG with diesel, it would take me 2 years to use 500 gal.
And sometimes I only need to buy 20 gal. to get to a lower price state.

Does the start pump deal mean, you will have to go inside to get the pump turned on? If you haven't bought 500 gal after sign up?

I always love going inside and standing in line for 5-10 min. to have a pump turned on. Then going back out to fill up. Then another trip back inside to stand in line 5-10 min to get a receipt and maybe my card they held hostage.

It makes those waiting behind me so happy to wait. Maybe I should wash my windshield now before I move from the pumps.

No problem if I have to wait on you. That is why I have Spider solitary on my Laptop beside the drivers seat. Also it gives me time to walk back and use the bathroom & grab a soda out of the refrig on the way back to play more solitary.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #22

Quote:

We have had the BLUE AMEX card for years and the money saved is way more than FJ. And the money saved comes back in the form of a CHECK each year.

Just saying....

Kerry
YUP - my own version of this approach, is that we use Pacific Pride - they're all over the place, more than FJ - and we consistently get diesel for about 45 cents/gallon discount from posted area street prices - and gasoline about 25 cents a gallon cheaper.

Yeah - I'm not at all "disappointed" at the lack of frilly features at PP, plus, there's easy in and out, and never a line ahead of us at the pumps.

Lessee - 45 cents a gallon savings when taking on 80 gallons of diesel is....
Old 12-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #23

Quote:

Just saying....

Kerry
Sounds a lot like the Costco/Amex members card. 3% (not 3cents per gallon) back on fuel purchases. I use mine at FJ and get both discounts on diesel because they give you the cash price with my RV card.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
The pump start feature is for the truck lanes. The RV and auto lanes already start the pump with a CC payment method. Until 500 gallons are pumped, one will need to go into the store to get the truck pump turned on.

Unlike many who have posted, I will get through the 500 gallons all to quickly.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 12-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #25

I have a question for those using Pacific Pride. How do you use 2400 gallons of fuel per year without being a commercial vehicle?

Mike
Old 12-24-2010, 03:19 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

I could only wish that 500 gallons lasted me a year or two. That's only 4000 miles for me and we do twice that even in years when we don't think we are traveling very much.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn.Mike View Post
I have a question for those using Pacific Pride. How do you use 2400 gallons of fuel per year without being a commercial vehicle?

Mike
We've used PP for over 15 years now - some years we were WAYYyyyy below 2400 gallons, never any complaints from PP. But local fuel prices posted in this area are far higher than most - $3.17 for lowest grade gasoline, $3.46 for diesel - so for us, use of the PP card was a no-brainer.

I seriously doubt we are even now using the 2400 gallons we hear as being the PP cutoff point - but we DO use it regularly - and pay our bill promptly - and as said, no complaints from PP...
Old 12-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #28

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn.Mike View Post

Mike
Another happy PP user here. You do not have to use 2400 gallons/yr if you are a non commercial user. There has been a couple of years where I bought as little as 200 gallons.

When you sign up, you get a book of all the locations with directions on how to get there. Also says how easy it is to get in and out of which is a great help.

The difference between FJ and PP s usually cents per gallon. The ease of getting in and out of a PP makes it worth the extra cost to me.
Closed Thread