Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Flying J - Current Information

Hi all,
This is the FAQ page on the J website. It provides information about discounts for RVers. Register your current RV Value Card and it will be the same as the new Frequent Fueler Advantage RV Card. For me, the pump start feature is a winner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What can I get from the new Frequent Fueler Advantage RV Program?

You have over 550 participating travel centers dedicated to meeting your RV travel needs. They include all Flying J locations and Pilot Travel Centers across 40 states.

You’ll receive the following benefits with a non-registered RV card:
  • $.02 discount off each gallon of gasoline (up to 100 gallons per month)
  • $.03 discount off each gallon of diesel (up to 300 gallons per month)
  • $.10 discount off each gallon of propane fuel
  • $5 off dumping fee
*Due to certain New Jersey statutes and Wisconsin state regulations, Frequent Fueler Advantage RV Program fuel discounts are not available in these states.

When you register your card you’ll receive these extra benefits
  • $.02 discount off each gallon of gasoline (unlimited discount with a minimum 25 gallon fill up)
  • $.03 discount off each gallon of diesel (unlimited discount with a minimum 25 gallon fill up)
  • Pilot Flying J Coffee Club members-only offers
  • Pump Start when you register your card at the cashier’s counter
How do I register my Frequent Fueler Advantage RV card?
  • At any Pilot or Flying J Driver Kiosk – located in each store
  • Pilot Frequent Fueler
  • Cashier’s Counter (for Pump Start feature)
What is Pump Start and how do I get it? Pump Start allows you to start the fuel pumps using your Frequent Fueler Advantage RV Card – or your RV Real Value Card (if you are currently using one). To get the Pump Start feature, you must register your card at the cashier’s counter at any Flying J or Pilot location. After you have purchased 500 or more gallons from Flying J and / or Pilot, we will activate your card for Pump Start. You can see how many gallons you have purchased toward your Pump Start activation qualification by logging into your Frequent Fueler Advantage RV account online, at Pilot Frequent Fueler, by checking your account at the in-store Driver Kiosk asking a manager at your closest Pilot or Flying J.

Can I keep my RV Real Value Card and still use it? Yes, you can keep your RV Real Value Card and use it to receive all the benefits of the new Frequent Fueler Advantage RV Program. You will receive all of the base benefits of the program by using the card, but can receive extra benefits if you register your card (see how to register your RV card in #2 above).

How do I get a Frequent Fueler Advantage RV Card? If you are new to the program, or your current RV card is not working, you can simply request a card from the cashier at the checkout counter. No application needed unless you are registering for Pump Start (see #3 above for Pump Start).

Have my RV Real Value Club fuel discounts changed? Yes, they have gotten better. We have extended them to unlimited discounts when you register your card.
  • $.02 discount off each gallon of gasoline (unlimited discount with a minimum 25 gallon fill up)
  • $.03 discount off each gallon of diesel (unlimited discount with a minimum 25 gallon fill up)
Will my cumulative in-store and restaurant purchases affect my fuel discount benefit? No, your fuel discounts are not related to your in-store and restaurant purchases.

How many gallons of fuel can I purchase each month and still receive my discount benefit? Discounts will be applied to a maximum of 300 gallons of diesel and 100 gallons of gasoline per month, unless you register your card. With card registration, you will receive unlimited fuel discounts on each purchase of 25 gallons or more.

Will I receive Dump Facility discounts if I use my RV card? Yes, your RV card will give you half (1/2) off the regular price of Dump Facilities fees.

Can I still use my RV Real Value Plus card as my loyalty card? No, on September 1, 2010, your Real Value Plus card was discontinued. To receive a Frequent Fueler Advantage RV loyalty card, please see a cashier at any Flying J or Pilot location.
------------------------------------------------------------

One can go to http://www.frequentfueleradvantage.com/FAQ.aspx and read this information.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Thanks.....
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 12-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Now if they can only train their people. According to the staff at two different Flying J stations, there IS NO registry program for the RV card, and there is no RV program. One even issued me a trucker Frequent Fueler card and told me to toss the RV Card in the trash.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Just went to FJ two days ago and asked about discount card. Cashier gave me a value member card, never said anything about registration and I did not see a kiosk. Told me the discount was .01 and she thought there might be a discount on propane. May want to give their employees some training.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Just tried to register my card online three times and got a message 'Failed to save registration.'

I will try to register at my local Pilot tomorrow.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
Old 12-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVThere View Post
Just tried to register my card online three times and got a message 'Failed to save registration.'
Same problem here, registration link does not work
Old 12-22-2010, 07:45 AM   #7
paz

It all sounds very confusing. I have read the release about 6 times, and I finally think I get it. Several posters mention training, or lack thereof. They will probably eventually get the pumps programmed to work properly, but the employees may be another story. We'll see what happens, but I don't have a lot of hope.

If I read correctly, I get 2˘ per gallon discount on gasoline if I don't register my card, but only on the first 100 gallons. If I register my card, I get 2˘ per gallon discount on gasoline for an unlimited quantity, but only if I buy more than 25 gallons, so I can't use the card for my toad. Maybe we'll keep the current RV card unregistered for the toad, and get a new one in wife's name for the moho.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
Same problem here, registration link does not work
Me, too.

It looks like the Marketing Dept got ahead of the IT Dept - again.

As usual, no contact information is provided in case you have problems. Ya gotten love companies that want to do business like this.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've been trying to determine if this a credit card or just a bonus type card? If I've calculated correctly if I drive 6000 in my MoHo I'll save about $20 and 4,000 in my Toad another $4. From what I'm reading it seems like a lot of hassle for $25, I must be missing the in store discounts. Do they offer tire or service discounts as well?
Old 12-22-2010, 08:26 AM   #10
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
Maybe we'll keep the current RV card unregistered for the toad, and get a new one in wife's name for the moho.
This sounds like the best idea yet... I plan on doing exactly this.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
What a crock!! Reads and operates like something coming out of the U.S. Congress!! "fo-get-about-it"

Steve
Old 12-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Flying J used to be awesome and REALLY cared about us RVers....now, it's just a Flying "J"oke.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrKnight View Post
SNIP
Flying "J"oke.
I like it!!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Look, I know this is about FJ.

We have had the BLUE AMEX card for years and the money saved is way more than FJ. And the money saved comes back in the form of a CHECK each year.

Just saying....

Kerry
Closed Thread