Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Flying J discount is back

It looks like the cash price is back when using a credit card and your RV Loyalty card.

Quote:
#3) Cash Price for Fuel
Receive cash price for diesel fuel at our commercial truck islands at Flying J locations when presenting your RV Real Value loyalty card. If you are paying for fuel by credit/debit card please insert your card used for payment first and then enter your RV Real Value card as prompted at the pump. The cash price will be shown on your receipt but will not be reflected on the fuel pump. If paying by cash insert your RV Real Value card into the cardreader before fueling, pump your fuel and pay at the cashier. The cash price will be shown on your receipt but will not be reflected on the fuel pump.
Flying J website.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
doc

Appalachian Campers
Old news around our local J. Been back for several months.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
#3) Cash Price for Fuel
Receive cash price for diesel fuel at our commercial truck islands at Flying J locations when presenting your RV Real Value loyalty card. If you are paying for fuel by credit/debit card please insert your card used for payment first and then enter your RV Real Value card as prompted at the pump. The cash price will be shown on your receipt but will not be reflected on the fuel pump. If paying by cash insert your RV Real Value card into the cardreader before fueling, pump your fuel and pay at the cashier. The cash price will be shown on your receipt but will not be reflected on the fuel pump.
When using a charge card along with the RV Real Value loyalty card, isn't the cash price only granted at the truck lanes as opposed to the RV Islands and/or the Auto Pumps?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #4

I got the cash price last week using the RV Rewards card. I used the truck lanes.

Can't confirm if it's only the truck lanes.
69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:36 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
They probably saw where they were loosing money to their competitors.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:14 AM   #6
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker View Post
When using a charge card along with the RV Real Value loyalty card, isn't the cash price only granted at the truck lanes as opposed to the RV Islands and/or the Auto Pumps?
To my knowledge, the cash price has always been granted at the RV and auto islands, even if you used a credit card, and even if you didn't use the RV card. At least it was for gasoline - since our rig is gas, I can't speak for diesel, and I can't speak for the truck islands. Last summer when they had their 3 cent discount after a purchase of a certain amount in the store (I think $10), we never bought anything in the store so we never qualified for the 3 cent discount. Therefore, I didn't waste my time swiping the RV card; but to my recollection, I still got the cash price with my credit card.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #7
doc

Appalachian Campers
We never use the Flying J truck lanes. Those guys are out trying to make a living and don't need me in their way. We do use RV lanes and try to use FJ exclusively when traveling and they are available. There was a time when you did not get the discount (a whole penny!) but that was when they were pushing the FJ credit card and you had to buy so much in the store. That was so unpopular they went back to the old method and re-instated the 1 cent discount. To my knowledge, the cash price has always been available with the Real Value card.
I buy a lot of fuel at our local FJ, but have no idea how things were/are done at other locations in other states.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hurray for the J. I went to their web site just a week or so ago and this reinstated benefit had not been there. There is a Santa Claus! I will now return to using the J 100% of the time.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #9

We fueled at FJ twice in the last 2 weeks, and only got the penny discount. Once was at a truck island and once at an RV island.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:17 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I think there is a 300 per month limit. Wow .. I think that is $3.00 off in a month.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:36 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Hi UPS 34,
The limit has always been there. In addition, it depends on how much one's total spending is, for the month, to determine how much the total fuel discount will be. For me, it has always been the attitude of the J more than the $s. The attitude now seems to be swinging back toward letting diesel coach owners know the J wants our business.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:02 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
The discount came back sometime last summer for FMCA members then a short time later for everyone. It is no longer linked to spending. I like the J for convenience if I need to dump or to catch a few winks. The fuel price is usually the best in that area too.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I pay cash wherever I go. I see no advantage for me to get to a Flying J, which is usually out of my way in my Northeast travels. It might save me a dollar on a fillup but you must go inside the store, get in line, give them your money for authorization to pump, then pump, and then get back in line to settle up--- Forget it!!

On the turnpikes in the North East (except NJ where the law requires no "self service") they let you pump and then pay.

When gas hit $4 bucks a gallon last summer I don't think Flying J was giving any discount -- like someone said you had to buy something else in their store to qualify.

No FJ's for this camper.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #14
doc

Appalachian Campers
But Max, I pay at the RV pump with a credit card and the Real Value card, get a receipt and never have to go inside. That has got to be worth something right?