Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #15
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I agree that the payment process is frustrating. What I noticed is that when I went in and said $150, that it is what is posted to my CC immediately. It takes them a few days to put the correct amount in. Guess they are using MY money for a few days.

From now on I'll go in and put in a lesser amount than I suspect I will purchase, and if need be I'll go in and get another dollar amount for more fuel. The only one I'm going to upset is the accountant. As a far as "what station to use," I use what ever is available, FJ, Pilot, Love's, TA, etc., When I need fuel, I stop and get it.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #16

Just fueled at the Flying J in Carlisle, Pa at the rv island...Diesel pump shut off at 75.00 and 0 rewards with the card....Looks like Pilot/Flying J are all over the place depending where you are...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:34 AM   #17

Got off I 75 in Beaver dam Ohio to get fuel at Flying J but wifey noticed that the Speedway station had diesel 6 cents cheaper so we went there. Very easy in and out and paid at the pump and got a receipt. If all Speedways are like this one I will be divorcing Flying J.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Prices vary from location to location (That is Speedway v/s J or ____ (Brand of your choice)) but most all the speedway stations I've gassed up (I drive a gasser) were easy in and out epically if you went to pump ONE (For some reason it is always pump one)

NOTE: Be sure to get the speedy rewards card... A couple tanks and you get free coffee, or free lunch, with your "Gas"
Old 11-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Gary,
Your post mentions one needs to get a new RV Value Card. However, the link provided in your post says I can use my current RV Value Card as long as I like. I receive the same benefits as all other RV Value Card holders.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #20

Just finished a 5K mile trip thru many western states. There seems to be a lot of confusion during the transition. I used my old RV card at Pilot and Flying J and always got my discount at both locations. It's best to go inside first because many of the pumps have not been converted to the new standards.

If you slide your RV card first and get the message to "see cashier", that's what you need to do to get your discounts and credits. Going inside also eliminates the $75 cut off at ALL locations.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #21

Hey guys or gals, go look at what I posted in another thread. I just don't understand this preoccupation with the "J". Save money the easy way even on your food. I don't work for Amex either. Make sure to read it all. There are some who did not believe me.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/chang...ard-74141.html
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Your post mentions one needs to get a new RV Value Card.
That's right, GaryKD - there appears to be a conflict with what the site says. I could point out a couple other conflicts too, but why confuse things further?

On this subject, I saw an email response from FJ on another board that stated flat out that you would need the new card by year end to get discounts. And some people have reported that their old RV card didn't work but a new one did.

Pilot-FJ does not have their act together at all on this thing. Hopefully it will get squared away before too long.

Meanwhile, I am finding lower priced diesel at other brand stations fairly often, so I watch the signs instead of automatically heading for FJ.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #23

Quote:
NOTE: Be sure to get the speedy rewards card... A couple tanks and you get free coffee, or free lunch, with your "Gas"
You just made my wifes day.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #24

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Interesting comment about Flying J in Carlisle, PA. I used the RV island and got the discount on gas.
Brooksville, PA. No discount
Carmel Church, VA. installed new pumps and they only accept the RV card at the RV island.

The prices are rising and I now look at prices along the road, they are not the number one stop.

Latta, SC (exit 181) the Wilco/Hess across I 95 is cheaper and has easy in and out.

In some areas I also noticed some new Flying J locations and wondered if they where changing the Pilot over to J's

Another thought New Jersey law will not allow a discount on fuels
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Been using FJ’s for 8/9 years, fuel in RV lanes, meals and to catch some sleep when on the fly, no pun intended. Over the past few years they have been going down hill, particularly upkeep and cleanliness, the restaurants really slipped.

Just completed the first leg of our trip south with stops in Gipson and Carlisle Pa. Winchester (overnight 7P to 4A with supper and breakfast) and Fort Chiswell Va.

In every location we got 3 cents off per. Gal. diesel using our Visa debit and the FJ Loyalty cards.

The Denny Restaurants are a great improvement especially the new and clean furniture, some may wish for the buffet line to return but we found them to be one of the areas that needed great improvement and prefer not to use them anyway.

At Gibson we received 10% on our meal using the FJ Loyalty card, It was later explained that they may be a franchise as opposed to a corporate location. Winchester and Fort Chiswell offer senior citizen discounts but you must be a member of AARP to get it?????

At Fort Chiswell the manager, a very nice and professional young man stopped at out table, welcoming us to their new (only opened a week) establishment. He could not explain why a 70 year old could not be a senior without belonging to AARP but stated that he would email his boss right away. I also mentioned these threads on the RV forums and provide him with IRV2.com as an example and he stated he would not only look for himself but share it with superiors.

He was on the cash register when we checked out and we’ll be back. Hopefully Pilot will follow their lead and straighten out some of their issues and return to what FJ use to be.
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
One reason for getting a discount and the next time not, may be - your 2 cent/gal. discount is limited to 100 gals. of gasoline or 300 gals. of diesel per month.
Also, now credit card must be swiped first, then loyalty card.

FJF
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygrandpa View Post
Just got back from a cross country-I was told by Flying J manager that the stand alone RV gas pump was going away, along with the "free" RV Dump (It now costs $10.00 prepaid) They want a prepaid (credit card or cash) before you start to pump, the 1 cent discount for RVer went away.
This is just a start-I did not find out about overnight stays because of some nasty RV jocky yelling for the manager.
I have a 34 foot A and depended on Flying J to rest and eat, I even had thier locations downloaded on my computer.
The rule changes seem to stem from a merger with Pilot Truck Stops.
If any one has heard different let me know--right now I feel as if I've lost my best travel buddy.
I just spent last Monday night at the Flyin J in Tucumcari, NM in the RV lanes. there were several rigs there. I always fuel at the big rig lanes as it's easier.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #28
paz

I have a gasser, so I can't go through the truck lanes at truck stops. I go to Flying J (even if the price is a few cents higher then the station across the street) because most of them have RV lanes where I know I can easily get in and out. We have a 37' motorhome with a toad, and I've never had a problem getting in or out of the Flying J RV lanes (unless someone was parked where they shouldn't be).

I don't care so much about the discount at Flying J. I just want them to get the credit card system fixed so I can pay at the pump again. It's a pain to have to run inside twice. My credit card works at the auto pumps, so why not at the RV pumps?

Discount aside, the other good thing about the RV card is it identifies you so the pump doesn't shut off at $75, and that's another reason for me to go to Flying J. When gas was $4 a gallon, I sometimes had to use 2 credit cards and swipe them both twice.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote