Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2014, 01:39 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
In what part of the country are the FJ Pilot stations located that are the highest prices around? Glenn
Flying J at Grand Ledge MI (I96 and I69). Usually $.20 plus more than anybody. I drive to the next exit west and stop at the Speedway truck stop. Usually save $.20 to $.30 a gallon. I've noticed that Speedway has started to add truck lanes to their newer stations. Pre-pay required.

JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #30

It would be nice if Loves or TA or any other chain Truckstops offered a loyalty cards like Pilot and Flying J

jeepersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:58 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Kirby View Post
When we travel we always look for the RV full service centers. It amazes me how many people do not know what and RV island is. Just out side Tallahassee we stopped to fill up at the RV island. There was a pick-up truck in one lane and a panel truck in the other lane. No one in either vehicle. They finally can back with bags of goodies. There were three motorhomes waiting to get serviced. Maybe Fly J should monitor the RV islands. If you are not an RV the pumps should not operate...... Oh this is not the first Flying J that has had this problem.........
What is worse, )and even more inconsiderate), IMO. is when the RV parking spots are filled with cars and/or pickup trucks.
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 04-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #32

IF YOU ARE ex-military (and a few other categories, retired or not) the Flying J/GS $.06/Gal discount sucks!

Go to PenFed.com or call 800-247-5626

They are a FULL service Credit Union that has a “Cash Rewards” CC that gives 5%/Gal (not $.06/Gal) for fuel when PAID AT THE PUMP! One thing that I like about it is that they show the discount in red from your total monthly statement.
1998 Hitchhiker ll, mod#31RLBGBW, RBW L'tl Rocker Hitch, Generac NP50 G generator
richardcoxid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:13 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Flying J near our house is always higher than surrounding stations. The fuel areas are filthy with fuel spills. Unable to pay at the pump so inside you go to stand in line while one person serves pizza, gives shower towels and rings up fuel. Once was enough. Won't go back.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
We have been avoiding Flying J lately as they are overpriced on the fuel. Also you have to deal with the mentally challenged to get to an "RV" island.

Ken
X2 no longer worth the hassle and higher prices.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
With the RV Plus card, you always pay at the pump and no re-swiping either. I've made gas purchases over $250 and haven't been at the counter in 3 years.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:29 PM   #36

We patronize PFJ because we like the convenience, and can accomplish several things at one stop. I thank those who do not, it makes it much less congested for me. Were I that concerned about the price of fuel, I would have kept my Dually and 5er, which got 3 more MPG than our MH.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Flying J

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepersrus View Post
Pulling out and going down the road is just fine for you guys with TT or 5ers. Its not so easy for us with a Class A or Super C pulling a toad. Its a whole lot easier for you guys to maneuver through the smaller gas stations. Hell you can even back up if you had too. Backing up is not an option for Class A with a toad. I'm willing to pay a few cents more to ensure clean waterless fuel. My Cummins burns their fuel just fine, never had any problems. For the most part where there is a Pilot or Flying J there are usually other truckstops around and the difference in price is usually a penny or two. I've been across country 5 times now and its been like that pretty much everywhere. Getting off the highway and traveling into town to find a place for fuel that I may or may not be able to get into or get out of and may save me $.10 a gallon which usually adds up to about $9.00 in savings. Its not worth the headache.

I totally agree, good post!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepersrus View Post
Pulling out and going down the road is just fine for you guys with TT or 5ers. Its not so easy for us with a Class A or Super C pulling a toad. Its a whole lot easier for you guys to maneuver through the smaller gas stations. Hell you can even back up if you had too. Backing up is not an option for Class A with a toad. I'm willing to pay a few cents more to ensure clean waterless fuel. My Cummins burns their fuel just fine, never had any problems. For the most part where there is a Pilot or Flying J there are usually other truckstops around and the difference in price is usually a penny or two. I've been across country 5 times now and its been like that pretty much everywhere. Getting off the highway and traveling into town to find a place for fuel that I may or may not be able to get into or get out of and may save me $.10 a gallon which usually adds up to about $9.00 in savings. Its not worth the headache.
That's funny...I have a class A (45' Monaco) towing a Ford Explorer and I don't have any problem pulling out of a Flying J or Pilot station to go to a different station down the road.

Pilot and Flying J's are two stations I try to avoid if at all possible....
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
In what part of the country are the FJ Pilot stations located that are the highest prices around? I do most of my traveling in northern AZ and Southern CA and find FJ Pilot and sometimes Love's to be the best prices per Gas Buddy and the stations highway signs. TA rarely comes even close to their prices and don't even think about any name brand except maybe Arco. Also, are some of these cheaper station no name gas? I don't ever use no name gas anymore, had too much trouble with that stuff.

Glenn
That "no name gas" comes from the same tank as the brand names. I've watched Sheetz trucks fill up at the gas depot in Roanoke right behind the Exxon trucks...
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #40

I get a kick out of these P/FJ love/hate threads.

$17 to $23 per 100 gallons is there for the taking. The newer stations are better designed than you think.

Got Google Earth? ;-)

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #41

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to JMacy
Try the truck side faster fill no problems
Truckers want back on the road ASAP! That 's how they make $$$
Old 05-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #42

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yeah, and we all know truckers just love waiting behind RVs at the fuel pumps.