Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTurner1 View Post
FMCA - an over priced club that will make you a target for all kinds of not too good stuff. Since they don't keep member's info to themselves and probably sell the list too -- best to stay away.
I think you are referring to the Good Sam "Club" which isn't really a club at all.

Oh, and BTW, FMCA does not sell their membership list to anyone.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #16

With not much to do this morning but stir the pot, I offer this for thought.

Address books are available in most counties that list the city, the street, house number and ph. no. So, if a bad guy is on Smith Street, sees nice house at no. 106, calls phone, no answer, knocks on door, no answer, kicks door in and steals FMCA membership book! Why waste your time calling FMCA?

George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post

Address books are available in most counties that list the city, the street, house number and ph. no. So, if a bad guy is on Smith Street, sees nice house at no. 106, calls phone, no answer, knocks on door, no answer, kicks door in and steals FMCA membership book! Why waste your time calling FMCA?
Good one!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Zabasearch.com can turn up lots of info and it may even be accurate.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post

Now you know full well all FMCA members pack that membership book (if one even exists) the very first thing. Now the problems really get started because all they have left to steal is my coin collection, diamonds, one ruby, the dental gold I saved and a partridge in a pear tree.

I'd leave the membership book on the front porch under the door mat except I never got one. I now remember why I canceled my membership.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It is a sad commentary that many of us have become paranoid concerning our personal information! I guess that the days of meeting fellow RVers and sharing information and just plain enjoying the lifestyle have become a thing of the past, or at least are headed that way. I, for one, proudly display my FMCA plate, and I enjoy being around others who feel the same way. My philosophy has always been that if someone wants to get your personal information for nefarious reasons, he/she will get it. Maybe our innocence is becoming lost along with the potential curtailment of our rights and privledges, but I for one will continue to believe in the goodness of my fellow man.

Bronk
Old 08-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Zabasearch.com can turn up lots of info and it may even be accurate.
Well thanks for nothing, Dirk. I just checked and they have every address I've lived at or had a business for the last 40 years. Oh, and my phone numbers.

Might as well put the placard back on.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #22

Oh My Gosh. I can't believe the information it has on me. This site has my wife listed and one of my daughters listed as well as my current place of employment. At least it doesn't show any wants or warrants listed for me!!!!!
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #23
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yeah! I've got your number!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #24
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
p.s., Jim, The Secretary of State where you are has a lot of information on you.

Isn't the Internet wonderful?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #25
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Okay! Let's put this in perspective. There are three types of criminals. Smart ones, average ones, and dumb ones. The smart ones have all the money and hire the average ones to find someone to do the ground work. The average ones get the dumb ones to do the crooked things. The ones you see in prison are the dumb ones, and occasionally the average one. The smart ones seldom end up in prison. So here is the scenario.

On the Internet that are searches that can be done by anyone if they are willing to pay the price, daily, monthly, yearly, etc. When you go to Zabasearch.com and click on a detailed report it will take you to a section that you have to pay for the answers for a "detailed" report. The smart crooks do all of that and then pass whatever information down to the people doing the work for them. So for a price, your life is an open book. All the places you have lived, all your phone numbers, just about any information can be had.

So! Why sweat it - there are to many other things for me to worry about.

Happy trails.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
When I signed up for FMCA I filled in my first name as Elk and last name as Hartjim.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Um.. for a fee, ANYBODY can get your address and Driver License number just from your car/truck/rv/trailer plate. Or cell phone number for that matter..
Old 08-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Okay! Let's put this in perspective. There are three types of criminals. Smart ones, average ones, and dumb ones. The smart ones have all the money and hire the average ones to find someone to do the ground work. The average ones get the dumb ones to do the crooked things. The ones you see in prison are the dumb ones, and occasionally the average one. The smart ones seldom end up in prison. So here is the scenario.

On the Internet that are searches that can be done by anyone if they are willing to pay the price, daily, monthly, yearly, etc. When you go to Zabasearch.com and click on a detailed report it will take you to a section that you have to pay for the answers for a "detailed" report. The smart crooks do all of that and then pass whatever information down to the people doing the work for them. So for a price, your life is an open book. All the places you have lived, all your phone numbers, just about any information can be had.

So! Why sweat it - there are to many other things for me to worry about.

Happy trails.