Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
Everything in life has it's pros and cons, but it seems at times the cons are more vocal. These MH organizations are just the same. There are a relatively few detractors that are very vocal and a majority of happy members that say nothing. You get discounts on products and services. Members can use their campground for free with full hook ups and you get the louder voice in governmental discussions that only a large organization such as FMCA or Good Sam can provide. For the cost of the annual membership, these organizations are cheap.
Right on target. Medico.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsilvester View Post
Right on target. Medico.
X3.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Sam Organization ?

I have been a Good Sam member for as long as I can remember. They have been good to me. I would highly recommend the organization. Yes they let me down on Roadside assistance once, but went out of their way to make it up to me. Whenever an organization becomes large, they seem to get criticized for having an impact on the industry.
They have grown tremendously since Marcus Lemonis took over and I feel they will continue to grow. Whenever you have an issue with whatever aspect of there services, there is the Rapid Response team available that will do whatever they can to rectify the problem. I know of no other RV associated company or organization that offers this service. I would highly recommend them. HAPPY CAMPER

I PLAN TO LIVE FOREVER. IT'S WORKING SO FAR.
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #18

I just recently used the FMCA tire program and saved almost $100 per tire (including installation). And that is after I had to pay to get the torque checked after running them for a 100 miles or so. That $600 looks good in my pocket. But the money is the least of the benefit. We attend monthly rally's with a local chapter and have a great time.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
They now offer day passes at the rallys. Good for the exhibits but not seminars and entertainment. How long ago did you try to go?
And every good group has it's detractors that will do whatever it pleases them to run someone/something down.
So, as with most stuff on the Internet: trust but verify!
I think I phoned last July about attending the regional in MO, just after the SMART rally at Sedalia. The man flatly said no way to attend unless you join FMCA first. Friday my auto repair shop owner told me he would invite us as his guest if we wanted to attend the national next year in March without joining first. As of now that's our plan.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Come on, it's $50 per year for the FMCA membership. The benefits covered in this thread will pay that fee many times over. The rally is specifically for FMCA members. If you wish to attend, spring for the $50. You might be surprised what other benefits you receive. There might be a vendor that offers a discount on something you have wanted for a long time that will pay for the annual fee. Heck, I saved much more than the annual fee I paid Good Sam for the brake system I bought for my toad because of the discount that was offered. These are the type of intangibles you get with membership.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
We've been FMCA members for years, the Michelin tire discounts make it worth it alone.
I just renewed our Coach Net and they didn't offer any discounts for FMCA, did I miss it somehow?
Old 11-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #22

Coach Net has dropped discounts other than for multiple years.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
We would probably be identified as unconventional RVers. We've never attended a rally or shopped for Michelin Tires through a MH Organization. FMCAssist is now $105/year, about the same as Good Sam.
Good Sam sent us a free trial membership last year which provided a 10% camping discount on two occasions where the vendor did not recognize FMCA.
For the time being we've renewed our Good Sam for $25. We'll keep FMCA and evaluate both.
FWIW PPL offered a discount on Coachnet earlier this year. When its time to renew my Road Service I'll be looking at PPL if FMCA no longer offers that discount.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I think I phoned last July about attending the regional in MO, just after the SMART rally at Sedalia. The man flatly said no way to attend unless you join FMCA first. Friday my auto repair shop owner told me he would invite us as his guest if we wanted to attend the national next year in March without joining first. As of now that's our plan.
I just attended the FMCA Great Lakes Region rally in Goshen, IN. These regional rallies are made up of all the local clubs in that region and if you contacted one of the local clubs such as mine (Tri-State Traveliers) you can attend as a guest.

I belong to FMCA as well as several of their chapter clubs, Thor Diesel Club, Freightliner Chassis Owners Club, and as previously stated Tri-State Traveliers. I am also a Good Sam member but I only attended one rally in Lousiville, KY but it was way too big for my taste but I did give it a try.

I have visited the FMCA campground in Cincinnati and it is an excellent facility to stay if you are passing through the area.

A note on the emergancy evacuation service that was discontinued. This was a cost v/s benefit to the entire club decision. In order to continue to offer this benefit to the few that took advantage it would of been an increase to all members in the form of higher dues. I for one have evacuation services via another program and I am not interested in paying for someone else to have this through FMCA via higher dues.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
We have been FMCA members for over 10 years we enjoy the club the member benefits and the overnight camping when we are in the Cincinatti area. The magazine itself is worth the annual dues. Just our .2c
Old 11-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
We joined FMCA only four years ago and have seen the family assist program go away. It was our major interest in joining. That being said we have one year left on our membership and plan on attending our first reunion this spring. If the reunion proves to be productive we will stay if not bye, bye! We do enjoy the magazine but it's not worth the $50.00 yearly IMHO.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
We joined FMCA only four years ago and have seen the family assist program go away. It was our major interest in joining. That being said we have one year left on our membership and plan on attending our first reunion this spring. If the reunion proves to be productive we will stay if not bye, bye! We do enjoy the magazine but it's not worth the $50.00 yearly IMHO.
Ditto. We are not "rally" people, so when our membership expires this year we will not renew.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I just attended the FMCA Great Lakes Region rally in Goshen, IN. These regional rallies are made up of all the local clubs in that region and if you contacted one of the local clubs such as mine (Tri-State Traveliers) you can attend as a guest.

I belong to FMCA as well as several of their chapter clubs, Thor Diesel Club, Freightliner Chassis Owners Club, and as previously stated Tri-State Traveliers. I am also a Good Sam member but I only attended one rally in Lousiville, KY but it was way too big for my taste but I did give it a try.

I have visited the FMCA campground in Cincinnati and it is an excellent facility to stay if you are passing through the area.

A note on the emergancy evacuation service that was discontinued. This was a cost v/s benefit to the entire club decision. In order to continue to offer this benefit to the few that took advantage it would of been an increase to all members in the form of higher dues. I for one have evacuation services via another program and I am not interested in paying for someone else to have this through FMCA via higher dues.
Perhaps that was my mistake. I contacted the person in charge of the regional at Sedalia and was told NO.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote