Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #29

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Perhaps that was my mistake. I contacted the person in charge of the regional at Sedalia and was told NO.
What part of the post are you saying NO to?

The Emergency Evacuation Service has in fact been discontinued it that's what you're answering.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #30

I was told, NO i could not attend without joining first. Forget about it, It's not worth discussing further. I'm not going to blindly join only to discover I threw $50 away.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
If we only join organizations for what ever perks accrue to us as members then we may not be looking at the total picture. As a full time motor-homer I look to organizations like FMCA, Good Sam, Escapees, as a collective voice as governments at every level get more powerful and over reaching.
Here's a new way to have a voice in government, better than any other way.
www.bheard.net and get their free phone app to put you in touch with your elected officials. You will receive emails on issues concerning our lives.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #32
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
. Let's keep the discussion on FMCA please.

Thank you,
Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #33

Hubby and I joined FMCA during the Good Sam Rally in Phoenix. I contacted seven regional/special interest clubs right away. Only two bothered to answer my email, and one answered "why do you want to join us?" I was going to register to attend their national rally that year, but saw on the website that "towables welcome." When I questioned why RV that were not allowed to join FMCA were being welcomed at the rally, a moderator attacked me on the forum.

On the plus side, I used the Michelin discount to purchase a new set of tires for my bus, a very generous savings.

So, thanks for the Michelin discount but not interested in the club.
AprilWhine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
"I was going to register to attend their national rally that year, but saw on the website that "towables welcome." When I questioned why RV that were not allowed to join FMCA were being welcomed at the rally, a moderator attacked me on the forum."

Allowing towables to attend an FMCA area rally or an international convention is done for a couple of reasons. One is money. The second reason is that some towable owners are looking to get out of towing and into a mororhome. A rally or convention is a good way for them to see our lifestyle and also shop for a coach.

The reason that towables and coaches are not parked together is because of the safety lanes required and the possibility of fire.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #35
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I'm not rich and I'm not poor, but I have to laugh at people with RV's, no matter what size or type that are complaining about $50.00 a year dues. For $6.25 a month, you can be a member of both Good Sam and FMCA. With an average amount of camping, you'll at least recover the $75.00 a year in campground savings.

The guy who says he's not going to spend $50.00 in dues because he didn't get back hundreds of dollars in services, is the same guy who will complain when his city tries to eliminate RV parking and he can't find an organization to help him fight back.

So tired of the me, me ,me ,me mentality. They offer a service that is reasonably priced and helps all RV owners. Go camping and support the industry!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
I'm not rich and I'm not poor, but I have to laugh at people with RV's, no matter what size or type that are complaining about $50.00 a year dues. For $6.25 a month, you can be a member of both Good Sam and FMCA. With an average amount of camping, you'll at least recover the $75.00 a year in campground savings.

The guy who says he's not going to spend $50.00 in dues because he didn't get back hundreds of dollars in services, is the same guy who will complain when his city tries to eliminate RV parking and he can't find an organization to help him fight back.

So tired of the me, me ,me ,me mentality. They offer a service that is reasonably priced and helps all RV owners. Go camping and support the industry!
Well said!
Old 11-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #37

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:

Yup!
Old 11-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #38

Workhorse Chassis Owner
What allure did they lose? Never had any allure for me......
Old 11-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #39

Quote:

I'm not going to apologize for my statements, they are my opinion, as are yours. I keep hearing about a huge tire savings by joining FMCA, yet the FMCA website states the tire dealer may be able to sell the same tire for less than the FMCA pricing and to check them first. IMO that is not worth $50 to find out exactly services they offer, or if tires cost less either way. FMCA is going downhill IMO and now are reaching out to towables for added income to re-enforce that opinion.
Anyone may attend a Good Sam rally, no membership required, and they offer a wide range of services too.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I'm not going to apologize for my statements, they are my opinion, as are yours. I keep hearing about a huge tire savings by joining FMCA, yet the FMCA website states the tire dealer may be able to sell the same tire for less than the FMCA pricing and to check them first. IMO that is not worth $50 to find out exactly services they offer, or if tires cost less either way. FMCA is going downhill IMO and now are reaching out to towables for added income to re-enforce that opinion. Anyone may attend a Good Sam rally, no membership required, and they offer a wide range of services too.
I see no indication that DiplomatDon referenced any post by you in his post. If you recognize yourself in the "me,me,me" description, that is entirely you. I certainly see no request by him or anyone else for an apology.
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #41
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
FMCA is losing members because they're dying off. The older generation who understood that not everything was about them and are not part of the "ME" generation are disappearing.

Have you ever been to an FMCA rally. They start by saying the Pledge of Allegiance before each evenings entertainment begins. It puts a lump in your throat to see the generation that is still proud to be American and proud of what built this country.

"Ray,IN".....I wasn't directing anything toward you, but your last statement about spending $50.00 and not being guaranteed that you'll get that much back or more is sad. Again.....the FMCA program is not about doubling down on your expenditure, but joining a group that loves to RV and socialize.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #42

Quote:
FMCA is losing members because they're dying off...
That much is true. But the rest of the reason is because the old guard won't face reality. Instead of moaning about the "younger" generation, why not try to actively pursue them? The F in FMCA stands for family, but what I saw was people from my parents generation trying to maintain the status quo.

FMCA needs to change with the times or go the way of the dinosaurs. As a new member, not only was I not welcomed, I got the impression it was "pay your dues and shut up." Any wonder why I didn't renew?

PS, I am not young. Just turned 59, and am retired military also.

AprilWhine is offline   Reply With Quote