Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #1

FMCA tire discount program experience?

Any recent experience with the tire discount program through FMCA? I have a 2006 Monaco Diplomat with the original tires. The coach was garage kept by the previous owner and only has 23,000 miles. The tires look great, but due to the manufacture date (2005), I'm going to replace them.

Gator Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've heard some pretty good things about the FMCA Michelin program on other forums. The gripe I have is two fold. 1. You really don't know what they are going to charge you as you give them your credit card and "hope for the best" when you are billed later. 2. Finding a local dealer that is a FMCA Michelin Dealer. There are none in Colorado Springs, CO!

I ended up buying my new Michelin XRV's at Costco, and will have them installed at Goodyear Wingfoot on Thursday. All for an out the door price less than the FMCA price. (I think )

Old 05-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Jim View Post
Any recent experience with the tire discount program through FMCA? I have a 2006 Monaco Diplomat with the original tires. The coach was garage kept by the previous owner and only has 23,000 miles. The tires look great, but due to the manufacture date (2005), I'm going to replace them.

I have the same coach as you and just replaced the rear duals. I suffered a blowout on the inside passenger dual in Tehachapi Cal. I replaced that set of duals with Michelin 275/80R22.5 XZA3+ without the FMCA dicount and I paid $1368 out the door. I replaced the drivers side duals when I got to Denver, CO. I used TCI in Henderson and used the FMCA program. I paid $1151 for the same size tires. This included a $70 credit for the old casings. I did save a little money.
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Before the FMCA deal was approved we got a deal from Turbo Truck Center in Gainsville, GA for 6 275/70R 22.5 XZA2 for $532.95 each installed including Valve stems, caps balancing, Taxes-state-excise etc.
We used the National Fleet Acct. program that Michelin has. No tire had date more than 2 months old.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just used it last month. Michelin charged me the price listed on the flyer posted on FMCA website, plus tax. The dealer charged me for the labor, etc. But you do have to shop around. Some dealers are much better priced for mounting/balancing than others that can eat up the tire savings. I don't think I did bad, but I didn't save much either. YMMV.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I used them today. I'm not sure if everything was done "correctly," as my out of pocked was zilch, but the CC showed 637 and some change per tire. I'm guessing that will be for mounting, balancing, and all. I had the two fronts XRV's roated to the right rear to mach the other XRV's on that axle, and the two XZE's mounted on the front. XRV's were not available. Except for the money, the process when smooth.

One thing, when you register at Michelin, and then go to the dealer, make sure that everything you tell him is the same as when you registered. Middle initials, Jr., Sr., etc. Once we had that all established it was as the programs states. Except, I think I should have paid upfront for service. If the 637 was just for tires, that's not a good situation at all, but if for everything, it falls within the realm of pricing.

I think.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
I used them today. I'm not sure if everything was done "correctly," as my out of pocked was zilch, but the CC showed 637 and some change per tire. I'm guessing that will be for mounting, balancing, and all. I had the two fronts XRV's roated to the right rear to mach the other XRV's on that axle, and the two XZE's mounted on the front. XRV's were not available. Except for the money, the process when smooth.

One thing, when you register at Michelin, and then go to the dealer, make sure that everything you tell him is the same as when you registered. Middle initials, Jr., Sr., etc. Once we had that all established it was as the programs states. Except, I think I should have paid upfront for service. If the 637 was just for tires, that's not a good situation at all, but if for everything, it falls within the realm of pricing.

I think.
Had I known you were that easy I would have told you about the Brooklyn Bridge I have for sale.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As stated, you don't know the price until it is over and the program kicks in.

How much for the bridge?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
In todays business world, I have a hard time understanding why you are not told the price "until it's over". Just does not seem like a win win for anyone.
Can someone explain the resaon for this?
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:47 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
In todays business world, I have a hard time understanding why you are not told the price "until it's over". Just does not seem like a win win for anyone.
Can someone explain the resaon for this?
Enough people on this site have spoken positively about the FMCA program that I do not criticise it I just share my personal experience.

Volitile market with daily price fluctuation was the reason I was given; but that was last year. Some claim recently that this has been changed, if so it is a huge improvement.

On 235/80-22.5 XRV's I am confident I did just as well at Costco during their annual Michelin sale (an extra $70 off of four). Their price was consistent and available for the asking over a six month time frame. When someone finally divuldged their FMCA price on this site for the same tire my purchase price plus install (other than Costco) was within five bucks as I recall.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #11
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Costco charged $518 for the XZE2 275 80 22.5 without mounting, which was cheaper than the FMCA price I also would have had to drive 120 miles round trip to a dealer in Newark NJ none would honor the FMCA plan near my home.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #12

Just had our 6 Michelin's put on at Spartan. Price was $40 less per tire than thru FMCA. Was headed this way so had them checkout the chassis(70,000 miles).
Old 05-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I recently bought 6 of the 235/80R 22.5 XRV Michelins through the FMCA deal and am extremely pleased. The dealer, Purcell Tire in Fenton, MO handled it efficiently though they hadn't dealt with the FMCA program. Per the FMCA instructions, they gave me a written, out the door estimate. They mounted, balanced, replaced the tires and pointed out some issues that should be taken care of on the chassis.

When the bill/receipt came in from FMCA it was actually about $50 less than the estimate. The FMCA was very helpful when a question arose and really supported the program.
Mageksl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I also just had 6 235/80R 22.5 XRV installed using the FMCA discount. The dealer 3 miles from my storage building gave me a quote at just over 3k. When I got the invoice from Michelin it was for 300 less. I was expecting to pay around 3 anyway and don't know if I could have shopped all over and saved some, but I really don't think so. This was the first time this dealer had participated in this program and I was very pleased. Good service close to home. From my experience I WOULD recommend this program and feel this is a good perk from FMCA.

Now if we can just get out and wear some rubber off these new tires!!

Bobby