Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyer View Post
These post are confusing FMCA Travel Assist with FMCAssist. FMCA Travel Assist is roadside assistance similar to Coach Net to help you with motor home breakdowns. FMCA Travel Assist is a lower cost benefit that you may purchase if you are a FMCA member. FMCAssist is medical evacuation insurance that is included without additional charge with your FMCA membership. FMCAssist will provide medical transportation from a facility that cannot handle you medical condition and return motor home and towed vehicle back home. Many details are listed on the FMCA web site under the benefits tab for both of these benefits.
I thought FMCA has a deal with Coach-Net to provide the roadside service. Is that not correct?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I thought FMCA has a deal with Coach-Net to provide the roadside service. Is that not correct?
CoachNet is no longer affiliated with FMCA. That is the reason for the FMCA Road Assist
Old 09-25-2015, 10:24 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
CoachNet is no longer affiliated with FMCA. That is the reason for the FMCA Road Assist
OK, thanks. I hadn't checked the FMCA website in a while, but I remembered that it used to feature Coach-Net.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:28 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
We're currently parked in rural Michigan. Yesterday, Sunday afternoon, we lost the keys to the coach while shopping (don't ask)! The dead bolt was set on the coach so we could not get in! We called Coach-Net, Cheryl took our call and asked the pertinent questions. It took her an hour to find a locksmith, again a Sunday afternoon in rural Michigan (Stanwood). Cheryl called back and told us the locksmith was enroute. The locksmith arrived from Grand Rapids, an hour away, and picked the lock in about two minutes! He then made us extra keys from the spare set in the coach! Coach-Net works!!!!!!!!! Thank you Cheryl and Coach-Net!! And yes, my wife now carries a spare deadbolt key in her purse!!
Old 09-28-2015, 07:11 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth01 View Post
...Coach-Net works!!!!!!!!! ...
Thanks for posting that. I just switched from GS to Coach Net but fortunately haven't had to use either of them.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #20

Misleading posts - medical related

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
Has anyone had any experiences using any of these programs?
Any recommendations ?
I am seeing a mix of Apple's and oranges. The OP was about medical/health emergencies not about road hazards. Too many posts about road hazard/breakdown mechanical issues have been posted.

We currently have the Good Sam travel assist plan that covers a multitude of health related emergencies including medical related transportation of covered members and family, etc. The cost is $79 per year if my memory is accurate. After looking into FMCA it appears that the $40/year FMCA dues cover that (after the first years dues of $50. We may just change to FMCA WHEN the GS travel assist dues expire.

Does anyone have any thoughts about doing this? Has the FMCA program for health related travel assistance really performed as FMCA says in their ads?

Also in addition to making posts about mechanical breakdown roadside assistance, some of the posters appear to have gotten mixed up and read the comment about free FMCA dues for one year and the FMCA DUES for $160 for 5 additional years incorrectly as $160 per year. Please correct me if I am wrong as I am only a 76 year old fart that is trying to decipher some of the comments.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
" Has the FMCA program for health related travel assistance really performed as FMCA says in their ads?"

Two people have related personal info about their usage of the FMCAssist program. Both assured me that the program worked as advertised and they were very happy with the way their problems were handled.

As far as the free year and then 160 for 5 years, I don't think all that is quite true. There was a program where there were free memberships available but I think that went by the wayside. When I pay my dues, I always buy 4 at 160 and get the 5th year added free.

If you really want the facts, you can call (800) 543-3622 and ask. Remember that FMCA is headquartered in Cincinnati,OH and your time zone might be different.

Tags
travel