Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2019, 05:35 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandS View Post
One of our favorites! Enjoy! -Paul

Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/white/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]
By Lena Abraham
Nov 29, 2017
CLICK TO UNMUTE
On repeat all winter.
BUY NOW: Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillt, $139.95, amazon.com.
Yields: 6 - 8
Prep Time: 0 hours 10 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 0 mins
Ingredients
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" chunks
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 tsp. fresh thyme
3 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 c. frozen peas
2 c. chicken broth
2 tbsp. heavy cream
1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
1 Egg, lightly beaten
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned on all sides and remove from skillet.
2. Add onion, carrots, celery, and thyme and cook until vegetables are soft, 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook 2-3 minutes more. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer, cooking 8-10 minutes more, until slightly thickened. Turn off heat and stir in cream, peas, and chicken.
3. Remove biscuits from can and slice in half horizontally. Arrange, overlapping, in a ring on the outer circle of the skillet. Brush with egg wash and bake until golden, 25-30 minutes. Serve.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/white/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.jpg[/IMG]
Looks Delicious

We usually add one Potato

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...ot-pie-recipe/
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2019, 12:34 AM   #72

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
My wife is a wizard with RV storage, organization, and food menus and preparation. I can't begin to pass on her knowledge and expertise here and she's not one for blogging, but I can say that she did a lot of internet research and found a wealth of information on the subject from many websites, including Pintrest, Coleman, KOA, and many others found by Googling.

This allowed her to devise menus and to plan meals for entire trips. some of those meals were prepared ahead of time and frozen, bagged, or otherwise stowed wherever space in the rig could be found.

And it worked very well with very little actual cooking involved, just warming things up in the microwave or sometimes cold meals and sandwiches, all prepared in minutes. Once in a while we indulged in what some would classify as junk food, but for the most part she made good, nutritious meals.

She worked hard to make all that happen, but her plan worked great and saved a lot of time and labor on the road and we still had good meals!!!

I forgot to mention that the Mrs frequently used a kitchen device call a "Hot Logic" to warm up or cook some of our meals. If you Google "hot logic" you'll see they are rather simple warming/low heat cooking devices that operate off 120v current, but we used a 12v DC to 120v AC inverter to "cook" meals while on the road. An hour or so before lunch or dinnertime she would get up and put a pre-prepared meal in the hot logic, plugged it in, an went back to her co-pilot duties. When we eventually stopped the hot meal was ready!
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:09 PM   #73

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Wegmans prepared meals.

I don't know how many Wegmans grocery stores there are across the USA but I know they are in a few states.

They have wonderful prepared uncooked meals you can buy.
My wife picks out 4 or 5 of our favorites and throws them in the freezer.

We usually stop for dinner around 5 or 6 PM for the night.

I pull over around 3:30 or 4:00 PM. We light the propane oven, pop two delicious meals in the oven on a heavy baking tray so they don't slide around. Then I drive on. In an hour or so we stop at our desired stop for the night. The main course is ready, make a fresh salad, and pop a good bottle of wine.
Some of our favorites are the Beef Wellington, pecan encrusted three cheese chicken breast, Chicken cordon blue, The Rolled stuff sirloin steak, and many more. Try them you will really like the experience.

Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:24 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by pameridan04 View Post
I don't know how many Wegmans grocery stores there are across the USA but I know they are in a few states.

They have wonderful prepared uncooked meals you can buy.
My wife picks out 4 or 5 of our favorites and throws them in the freezer.

We usually stop for dinner around 5 or 6 PM for the night.

I pull over around 3:30 or 4:00 PM. We light the propane oven, pop two delicious meals in the oven on a heavy baking tray so they don't slide around. Then I drive on. In an hour or so we stop at our desired stop for the night. The main course is ready, make a fresh salad, and pop a good bottle of wine.
Some of our favorites are the Beef Wellington, pecan encrusted three cheese chicken breast, Chicken cordon blue, The Rolled stuff sirloin steak, and many more. Try them you will really like the experience.

Jim P.
Even if you are not so Lucky as to Have a Wegmans near or along the way all are easy to prepare and freeze to have as you travel.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...hicken-2811947

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...n-bleu-recipe/

https://tasty.co/recipe/stuffed-steak-rolls

Just eat and cook like you did at home - as you are Home!

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convestion, cooking, food, induction, insiderv, rvcooking