Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2005, 07:53 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Lorna:
I agree, information is always good--(KNOWLEDGE IS POWER) Keep posting.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2005, 01:18 PM   #16

Lorna,

I, as others, had a bit of fun at your "expense". No harm was meant. But, please consider-------

Many people have worked very hard to make life easier and more enjoyable. Even more affordable! And--definately less complicated.

"Progress" has made our lives better in many ways. Many still strive to do their best at making life even "better than better". Your initial discussion was a good example offering an individual effort to make things "better" while saving resources. People, me included, teased about the idea of recycling/reprocessing used toilet paper. Such a small and trivial thing with respect to our perceived problems. But'cha know what?

A seed is nothing more than a future achievement.

Be not discouraged.
Dourdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:36 PM   #17

Dourdave, that is a great reply that will open the eyes. Thanks! ...and I see this is one of your first posts to iRV2.com ...welcome aboard! You sound like a person that can give good advice, so let us now see how good it can be when we are in discussions about RV things. Looking forward to more of your postings.

P.S. Lorna, we need you here too ...you have had some great postings and we don't want them to stop.

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:33 AM   #18

Can think of a lot of things to collect but not poop and toilet paper no matter what. Is it really that big a problem? We have been camping for years and full timing for almost four years, not a problem in our campers and/or RVs. Do use one ply paper and put the liquid deodorizer/cleaner down on a regular basis.
Sissy7378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:10 AM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Hey, I have read of some people who don't even USE the toilet in their rvs because they don't want to get them dirty. Not me, that's one of the reasons we got an rv. Our little home on wheels. All the conveniences of home.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:28 AM   #20

Horse Manure, been RVing for 16 years first in a class C now in a 40' DP and have yet to put dirty toilet paper anywhere but down the toilet. I have yet to have the first problem from toilet paper.

I do use waste digester and let the black tank fill before dumping but have never had it plug up on me.

It's like those who have a full bath in their RV but insist on staying in an RV park with bath houses and toilets as they don't use the one in the RV????? why didn't you just save a bunch on money and buy a tent...

Just my humble opinion.

Terry
Alarmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alarmguy:
Horse Manure, been RVing for 16 years first in a class C now in a 40' DP and have yet to put dirty toilet paper anywhere but down the toilet. I have yet to have the first problem from toilet paper.

I do use waste digester and let the black tank fill before dumping but have never had it plug up on me.

AMEN..This has got to be the most (geez, don't know what) Post I've ever read...

It's like those who have a full bath in their RV but insist on staying in an RV park with bath houses and toilets as they don't use the one in the RV????? why didn't you just save a bunch on money and buy a tent...

Just my humble opinion.

Terry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2000 Ford Lightning
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:01 PM   #22

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... It's like those who have a full bath in their RV but insist on staying in an RV park with bath houses and toilets as they don't use the one in the RV????? why didn't you just save a bunch on money and buy a tent... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(Lots of interesting thoughts on this thread , these can really be enjoyable.)

Now you have me wondering why i didn't save a bunch of money and buy myself a tent.
Although i guess I can't park a motorcycle in my tent but i don't think that was your point.

We kinda have a 'philosophy' at some places we camp, 'Rule' seems too harsh a word, ... that the fellers can take a hike and the ladies can take a powder, if you catch my drift. Doesn't seem too bad for me.
Maybe that is a holdover from growing up in my folks house that had a fancy sittin' room and dining room, as well as the regular ones that we used 29 days out of 30. The fancy one was used only for specials and certainly never by the kids. I guess they just liked having a perfectly clean, ready to use area, and us kids used the common room next door.

and Dourdave, great words buddy! (preacher or engineer??, whatever ... you caught a lot of people's attention )

Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 04:00 PM   #23

Yepper, we had one of them houses when I was a kid too. Formal Dining Room and Formal Living Room with the marble top tables and all. Used them maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I understand that concept in a stick house.

But I am missing something in this thread, I just don't understand who? I would be saving my potty for in the RV by not useing it. In 16 years I have never had a "formal" get together in my RV.

Now I do know that some RVs (my old class C for example) have showers that are not intended for "real use" as you have to straddle the toilet to stand under the shower head. We only used it when we had to, but the toilet was used everywhere.

I guess if you are not planning on keeping the Rv very long, or useing it very much, and want to keep it new looking for trade in purposes, you could eat at the pic nik table, use the charcoal grill or coleman stove to cook on,keep your food cold in an ice chest and wash your dishes outside in water you heated on the coleman stove, keep the plastic on the carpet and and furniture, but then why have the RV to start with, man I am for sure missing something here.

All in fun, no offense intended, hope none taken.

Terry
Alarmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:43 AM   #24

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I always love this topic, it just brings out all sorts of comments and opinions. It takes all kinds and I don't take it upon myself to judge what people do with or in their bathrooms. It's totally up to them. Just kind of interesting.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:13 PM   #25

dh deliberately chose one w/o a bathroom. he did not want to have to empty it. LOL. I think even if we had gotten one, he would be sending us to the bathhouse just so he did not have to empty it. Oh, and I saw the bathroom that you were talking about, you know the one where you can sit on the potty and shower at the same time. LOL I think it would be great to hose down the kids at night instead of taking them to the bathhouse, but dh would not even fit in it, and I am too claustrophobic. Besides, we like the 360 view in our popup, the bathroom would just block our view.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:27 PM   #26

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I have really enjoyed this post!!! Thanks Lorna
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:37 AM   #27

why didn't you just save a bunch on money and buy a tent...

Now that was a great response!

I just bought a used 1999 Lance camper. The couple that previously owned it used it a couple times a year traveling from Connecticut to Florida and back. The reason they purchased it was so she would NOT have to use a public bathroom.

I was amazed that the oven was cleaner than the 3 year old oven in the 5th wheel I own. The two small carpet areas still had the sticky plastic protection. Overall, the only thing that appeared to have been used was the bed and the toilet, and they still looked new.

As far as toilet paper - you wouldn't want the paper placed in a trash can that I just used!!
Jumbo Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Sounds like south Texas to me. Last winter in the Texas Tropics (Donna TX) we discovered our southern neighbors don't put their paper in the toilets either. Sometimes they miss the trash basket and it lays on the floor. Some stores even had signs on the back of the stall doors instructing folks to flush the paper.
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote