Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #15
I thought so too but not to a business address. You can forward it to a business but not back to your home address.

Chuck48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #16
We have the person staying at our S&B forward our mail once we are in a place where time permits the transfer.

Just received, via Fed Ex 3 Day, a package with 2 months worth of mail. Expensive? Depends on what you think is. It's not like this is done every week so we can wait for the forward when we want to receive.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
2009 Silverado 3500 CC LB
Our Trip Journal
Us out West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:33 AM   #17
Originally Posted by Chuck48 View Post
I thought so too but not to a business address. You can forward it to a business but not back to your home address.
How did you correct that?
2016 Itasca Sunova 33c
2012 Tacoma Toad
His and Her's Honda Ruckus
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:46 AM   #18
We got lucky. When we called our post office to confirm what we read, and personally knowing the postmaster, he bundles our mail once a week and mails it to us. Next year we will have to use a near by post office and rent a post office box or pay the larger fee around 17.00 per week to have the mail forwarded.
Chuck48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:03 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
You can't.

If you're using a mail forwarding service and stop, you have to send change of address notice to everyone that was sending mail to your PMB.

I kept my PMB for 6 months or so after I stopped fulltiming and moved back into a house. Finally no more mail was going to my PMB and I closed it.

Originally Posted by KTM251ss View Post
How did you correct that?
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:39 AM   #20
When I was going to my Floridia residence for several months at a time, I used PO mail forwarding, but I never got junk mail forwarded. But for the past few years, after we sold the Florida place, and while on the road, we do not physically forward anything. All of our bills are paid online and all of my deposits are made direct. All of our service companies bill online and I never get physical bank or cc statements. 99.9% of my stuff is done electronically, I don't remember when I last wrote a check.

My neighbor collects mail in my box and if anything seems like it should have my attention, such as a summons, jury duty notice, license renewal etc. He will send me an e-mail and tell me what is there. If I want to see what was sent, he will open it at my request, scan it and I have it right away. I don't get much mail that needs this done to it.

The post office service has lost its importance to me.

Libero is offline   Reply With Quote