Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2016, 07:01 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I use one like that on the outlet side of the pump.
That way I know when to go get more water to fill the tank.

Then I forget to reset it, so it don't help.
This.. is a really good idea. The reset has to be done of course for it to be effective, but I like it. Thanks!
nehmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2016, 12:10 PM   #16
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce C View Post
Just don't see why you would want one. Good price though.
I use one to keep track of how much water has run through the water softener. That's especially useful because we stay in the same place in Florida all winter. I know about how many gallons we can use before I have to regenerate. It saves on test strips.

I also use one so I know how much water I'm putting into the fresh water tank. The OEM level sensors that say 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 aren't a close enough estimate for me.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:12 PM   #17
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehmia View Post
This.. is a really good idea. The reset has to be done of course for it to be effective, but I like it. Thanks!
There are 2 separate flow indicators. One keeps track continuously until you manually reset it, and the other resets by itself after a certain period (several minutes) of no flow.

paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:28 AM   #18

Just used mine this weekend to flush out my black tank. I timed how long until it filled one gallon (20 seconds) then used advanced calculus to set my phone timer for when I had put 20 gallons in. It was nice to be able to not have to constantly be running into the cab to see how full the tank was. The multiple flushing also broke loose some stubborn residue (as seen thru my clear pipe section) after the 2nd flushing.

I might get another one for the camper for the fresh water line. Since I don't know if the black water flush line has a check valve I don't mix hoses and accessories between fresh water and black tank.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:24 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Idea department! Most water tanks have three level readings that really don't mean much. Empty fresh water tank and fill using the meter. During fill - mark sides of tank with a sharpie in say five gallon increments. I am getting one also.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:01 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Idea department! Most water tanks have three level readings that really don't mean much. Empty fresh water tank and fill using the meter. During fill - mark sides of tank with a sharpie in say five gallon increments. I am getting one also.

Good idea. You're smarter than you look.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:51 PM   #21

I would probably use it to measure the gals for my water softner
Old 04-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think there are some parks down south or maybe out west that charge for water usage. Might be a nice way of checking what you actually use per month and keep them honest.

Tags
water