RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Found this mildly amusing...

From the Ca State Parks reservation website:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9C145852-CBB7-4E5F-A29E-54BDA15A8B77.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	268795  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2019, 04:27 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes it's amusing but I'll bet someone between 21 and 35 might think it's ok, maybe good.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:36 PM   #3

I see nothing amusing, neither mild or slapping the table amusing.

Would it be discrimination to offer an option for just one foreign language? There are perhaps 20 prominent foreign languages spoken as peoples first language in the U.S.A.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Ummm, maybe it's a binary option to select 3 of the 1 thing you'd like to see changed...but...I don't speak binary?

Take care,
Stu
Old 12-07-2019, 10:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Ummm, maybe it's a binary option to select 3 of the 1 thing you'd like to see changed...but...I don't speak binary?

Take care,
Stu
I speak binary just fine. What I have trouble understanding is how we have progressed to the point that very few people, under 30, can count change or balance a checkbook.
Pnw_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:58 PM   #6

That is why I left CA, this is perfect example of how that state Govt. operates.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:37 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I see nothing amusing, neither mild or slapping the table amusing.

Would it be discrimination to offer an option for just one foreign language? There are perhaps 20 prominent foreign languages spoken as peoples first language in the U.S.A.
If you could change ONE thing....

Select three...?

Edit: Ok so Iím easily amused. And this is contracted out btw. Not govt workers. Cant imagine what would happen if state employees had to make this work.

Edit 2. ...and for anyone who has never used it, its cumbersome and problematic at best. But its the only way to reserve sites in Ca state parks.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnw_steve View Post
I speak binary just fine. What I have trouble understanding is how we have progressed to the point that very few people, under 30, can count change or balance a checkbook.
?!

I have three kids under 30. Between them, they can program computers, translate Russian military communications, fly airplanes, tear the transmission out of my RV and repair it, write clear and entertaining stories, dress a deer, and pick good wine.

They all have friends who are similarly accomplished.

We're in far better shape than you think. Just like "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", the loud and moronic get the attention. It simply pleases a "progressive" media to convince us that we're failing our kids' education and need to spend more on them.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:54 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ita all about parenting Bobby - you've obviously been deliberate about it and done well. Its those who leave child rearing to the fates and public schools who are rolling the dice.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:19 AM   #10

I would change the spell checker.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
It's all about parenting . . .

Couldn't agree more. But I'm willing to bet that the kind of people who are on a forum like this one are exactly the parents who paid attention, and there are lots of us, and I think that pnw_Steve can be optimistic about our country because of that. People have been pessimistic about the younger generations since the time of Socrates, and have usually turned out to be wrong.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
?!

I have three kids under 30. Between them, they can program computers, translate Russian military communications, fly airplanes, tear the transmission out of my RV and repair it, write clear and entertaining stories, dress a deer, and pick good wine.

They all have friends who are similarly accomplished.

We're in far better shape than you think. Just like "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", the loud and moronic get the attention. It simply pleases a "progressive" media to convince us that we're failing our kids' education and need to spend more on them.
We need a "Like" button

And once I picked up on the logic of the original post I though it was funny as well.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
We need a "Like" button
We have one. It's just mislabeled with the word "Thanks".
Itchytoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:12 PM   #14
NXR

Found this mildly amusing...

Quote:

I havenít balanced a checkbook in decades. I get texts and/or emails for every transaction on every account. I leave change in a tip jar or the plastic tray whenever possible because change has so little real value. And Iím noticeably over 30*2.

Ray