Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #1

Front TV didn't work, Newbie Mistake!!

So, I go to where my rig is parked to start it up to allow the batteries to charge, and to run the generator. I figure I will watch a little TV while it runs. The front TV won't turn on!! I check the fuses, the GFI switch, everything I can think of, but it still won't turn on. Then I un plug it and plug it into another outlet and it fires right up. So, I retry the breakers, fuses, GFI, and plug it back into the original outlet. It will not turn on. After 30 minutes, I shut everything down and head home. The next day (at work) it hits me the plug the front TV is plugged into shuts off when the engine is running!! Duh!!!!
Mad Dog 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

It's not how many things you don't know as a newbie... it's laughing at them and how you go about learning that's important.

I'm betting it's not going to be the last item like this you come across. That's the fun of it!

Good luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
If that's the worse screw up with your MH, you have a long way to go to catch up with the rest of us.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another thing to remember is many RVers have a few screws loose.

One of the circuit breakers in my power distribution panel.. The loose screw took over TWO FULL TURNS before it became snug and more to tighten.. I had one in my Marinco Inlet as well....

As for that interlock.. If you absolutly must you can easily disable it by plugging the TV into a different outelt.. However this can earn you a date with one of the county's more respected citizens.. his (or her) honor, the judge. Just so you know.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
! Doh! Ah, that's all part of the learning curve.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Had problems with my TV---had it in for service like the third time---when I picked it up the tech swore they got it right this time----I went out and could not get it to work---went back in frustrated---tech came out---fiddled and fiddled look puzzled, paced a bit---then a calm came over him and he turn the engine off---the TV sprang to life-----it happens to the best of us. It's a right of passage.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ha ha. Ok, i confess too. Happened to me on our maiden voyage. Spent 20 minutes trying to get the tv working.
Team 007doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #8

I did not know this. I would have been doing the same thing.
SiberCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags