Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
I empathize with you,also having a new to us 2007 WB Type C. Alot of stuff we recently changed were our decision to add features(flat screens,bilsteins,trac bar,steer stabilizer) but we have had to recently replace thetford fill valve that leaked into toilet($40) , the house battery 12vdc cutoff relay($70), and now we have a crack in the shower caddy($200). These aren't huge expenses but a bit annoying,huh. At times on our last trip I was a bit troubled about the chassis battery going dead and toilet fill valve leaking and almost concluded it was because it is a used camper, then I went outside and the guy next to has a newish 40' class A and he can't get his toilet to flush. I have concluded like some have previously stated, we will always be doing something to these electro mechanical houses on wheels. I have only got to camp in ours 2-3 times since Sept when we got it, I am looking foraward to using it alot in 2014, Lord permitting.

Enjoy the blessing to meet new folks and refresh in this beautiful place we live. Ride safely, enjoy the ride.

I appreciate y'all,your kind remarks are helpful.

happy new year.

New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like.....

Sounds exactly like something I posted when we bought our Bounder. But we bought an extended warranty. Most of the things that broke I've been able to fix myself but a couple of big ones have paid for the warranty, and we have a couple of years left on it.

Ride it out! Stuff breaks on all RV's.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
If your not mechanically inclined,just hang around in here awhile,do a lots of reading,if you see something your not sure about just post a question.By the time these guys gets trough with you,you will think you are a mechanic.If there ever been a problem,they most always have an ideal to help you out,and best of all,THEY CHARGE NOTHING.Good bunch of guys and gals
Old 01-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
when we purchased our New MH (used) we stayed at dealership. 1st morning we had absolutely NO Power. No 12 volt, did I mention no 110 either? they showed us their check list and how everything was serviced and checked (ya rite). they ended up replacing 4 house batteries and 2 chassis batteries no change. we stayed another nite. In morning NO Power. seems the bad batteries caused a problem with the invertor convertor. that had to be replaced to. another 1800 bucks. Now we're up to over 3 thousand dollars. We stayed yet another nite. Praise the LORD, no problems in the AM. We've had 3 years without any problems since then. Use the MH, Pump the Pumps, dump and refill tanks. turn everything on and off. . Once your 30 days are up you'll always have everyday maintenance. fixing things is a whole lot cheaper than trading and getting screwed by an RV dealer. unless you just happen to like the abuse. Safe Travels... ed
Thanks for the advice/pep talk . It does make me feel better
Old 01-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #19

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
Sounds exactly like something I posted when we bought our Bounder. But we bought an extended warranty. Most of the things that broke I've been able to fix myself but a couple of big ones have paid for the warranty, and we have a couple of years left on it. Ride it out! Stuff breaks on all RV's.
Yes, I did buy an extended warranty also. So far the dealer has picked up all costs.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #20

how many miles does the rig have? batteries, always have to keep fresh. Inverters do go out, when you do replace, upgrade! Heat gets em and weak batteries! Stay the course...get an extended warranty..Sam club offers a good one...cheap in long run!!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, it makes one wonder how come all of this is happening to me?? It isn't just you, it happens to many of us....in your situation, the Extended Service policy is your 'FIT IT'. Just think how those RVers that buy the $500k [+/-] rigs and have the same problems..

Hang in there, it is well worth it..
Old 01-04-2014, 10:46 AM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In 2005 I bought a brand new gasser,, Almost from the first I had problems, I mean one day the front A/C worked, another the rear, some days both or neither (I finally tracked it down and fixed it) The dash display failed (Replaced under warranty) Likewise the brake light switch, and some other things (Dash A/C for example) The new Inverter (Aftermarket) Camping world installed failed, (Also under warrnaty) and of course CW messed up the install (Again I fixed) in that they put both A/C's on the same leg of the 50 amp supply.

I have heard a boat described as a hole in the water you pour money into.. Well a motor home is a land yatch. (Boat) it's a hole in a parking lot you pour money into.

I would stick with what you have,, Sooner or later you will be able to put a bumper sticker on it.

MURPHY'S LAW PROOF
if anything can go wrong
It has.

Tags
rust