Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #29

Smile

Just came back from a trip stop at Pilot /flying hook pump read 450.00 dollar limt with Visa 75.00 with Master card also have there RV card for discount no problems and if you swipe the loyaty card in side for what ever (coffee or ?) they would say thank you Alan I thought that was a nice

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #30
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
We got the P/FJ RV card recently and really like it. The pump has never cut off (largest puchase so far $253.00). Everything done at the pump including receipt with discount amount noted on it.

Since we have a gasser, this is in the auto and RV lanes. No idea how these "RV" cards would work in truck/diesel lanes.
X2 on the Pilot/Flying J card. There is no pump limit up to your monthly limit: $1,000 if you don't allow them to auto debit your checking account, $2,400 if you do. The card works at any lane including truck diesel, and also inside for sundry purchases. I swipe at the pump and then DW takes the card inside to buy ice cream. Hey, the driver's entitled to some reward!

Old 05-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use my CC at the pump. Annoying to have to reset the pump at 30 gallons... but I usually dont take more than 60 anyway. For my dirtbikes/toys... I can fill the fuel cans simultaneously at another island close by.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
We just finished about a 7k mile trip in 4 weeks. I can tell you that we have seen just about every amount that you can think of that they stop at. Some will just take the card and start the pump and the next won't. We stopped arguing.
Pilot/Flying J do have a rewards card and a credit card for RVer's. We have not gotten the credit card and don't intend to but we did get the rewards card since we are also Good Sams members (you have to be a GS member to get it, lol). I have seen them charge one price for trucker diesel and then another (lower) price in the auto lane (not RV lane).
Only once in our trip did we pay over $4 a gall. It was usually $3.97 to $3.99.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #33

I called Citicard. They do not set the limits. Whoever says they do is passing the buck.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is classic BOHICA. What other retail business makes you pay $$$$ and then shuts you off before you purchased what you need? Why do we put up with this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #35

With all the security cameras now days, there is no excuse for them to claim they are "protecting themselves" from the low-life "Runners".
Old 05-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #36

Ford Super Duty Owner
The runners still take time and $$ to prosecute. It's easier to protect your business.

The real issue isn't runners - it's stolen credit cards. The merchant is stuck with the bill.

Guys, it's not a one way street.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
After tiring of the multi-swipe routine, especially when I was traveling cross country filling up the RV, the largest U-Hual truck you could rent and my F-150, including, at times, using multi cards to cover the large purchases, I decided to do the cash routine to simplify the purchase and take advantage of the reduced price. I break up the cash and store in various places through out the RV. I have learned to estimate the fill-up amount using a trip planner program. I add $50 to the estimate and prep the funds prior to getting out of the RV. So far, I've not done bad at the "guesstimate" and have only had to go back in to get the change.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #38

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Went to Pilot/Flying J website and found Visa limit at RV lanes has been increased to $495 and gas lane Visa increased to $150

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #39

Thanks John. I didn't know there was one before my home exit, instead of the one after that I normally go to. That'll cut 4 miles off my trip. I'll have to check out their in/out arraignments tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:54 AM   #40

We generally pay cash for fuel, I figure what the fill up cost will be from the miles run. I have had CC numbers stolen on one occasion at one of the large truck stop chains, and can't do the swipe the card thing multiple times. We even had one Pilot require me to leave my DL along with the cash before they would turn on the pump, needless to say that did not happen took my $500.00 worth of legal tender on down the road.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #41

I used to buy everything with cash and was never without $500-$600+ in my wallet. Mainly from fear of having a CC debt, until I learned how easy it was to just pay for everything with plastic and pay it off when the bill came or a couple days before it was due.

The first and only time I got propane for my MH from FJ, I had to go in and leave my CC. I'm used to it as I had to go in and let them know I needed my 5er 30#ers filled. Like most, I like to do everything at the pump. If I could get propane filled at home, I would do it, but none of the dealer will delivers less than 100 gallons.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #42

Freightliner Owners Club
Because of the hassle at the Flying J's, I just pass them by. JR

Tags
fuel