Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2006, 06:34 AM   #15

I have not and will not Buy water except when camping.But I buy My share of fuel I can't for the life of Me find it free LOL Bushman Eh..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2006, 09:32 AM   #16

My wife just traded her Z71 Avalanche on another Monte Carlo (the car she had before her truck before its transmission blew). Gas was almost $120.00 per week for her commuting to work and weekend errands with the truck and since that was our economy vehicle, it didn't make sense to keep it even though it sat all six of us.

With her fuel prices now cut in half, hopefully we can put that back into the 06 camping budget but if fuel prices really go nuts, we will find a nice local seasonal park.

I really miss the fuel prices from the first year we towed to Missouri, 99 cents a gallon in September 2001. It made changing the scenery outside the trailers' windows less painful.

Mike.
6MISFITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #17

Dimes to doughnuts we will continue to see fuel prices escalting right through Labor Day and then watch for a mega drop in prices as we head into the Fall elections. It will be temporary at best as once the elections are over where our favorite sons (and daughters) have once again assured us that "THEY" were personally responsible for the pricing turn-around it will be back to business as usual. Can we really expect anything else from our congressional leaders. I mean you and I are not the ones who are inancing their campaigns. Sorry to politicalsize this topic; but, that is exactly how we got to where we are in fuel pricing. Ken ...
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:35 PM   #18

I figure that you are a long time dead and I am going to enjoy my time here! If it means spending $1,000.00 more to use my toys for the season so be it. You can't take it with you. Scotty.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:03 AM   #19

Nor'easters Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Owner's Forum"
Posted January 24, 2006 05:23 PM
Dimes to doughnuts we will continue to see fuel prices escalting right through Labor Day and then watch for a mega drop in prices as we head into the Fall elections. It will be temporary at best as once the elections are over where our favorite sons (and daughters) have once again assured us that "THEY" were personally responsible for the pricing turn-around it will be back to business as usual. Can we really expect anything else from our congressional leaders. I mean you and I are not the ones who are inancing their campaigns. Sorry to politicalsize this topic; but, that is exactly how we got to where we are in fuel pricing. Ken </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, did you get it right......Ron
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #20

Actually they pay to have it hauled away and processed. I do not know if they make it into Bio-Diesel but it is processed into energy of some type.[/QUOTE]

Hi Bob and Vicki - we are in Antioch as well. Local info at www.horsevoice.com . Give us a ring!

Re-tredded Newbies lookin' forward to seeing the USA at a more leisurely pace!
Horsevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:49 PM   #21

It will be interesting to see if maybe people start looking at the size and road efficiency of MoHo and trailers.

I have one set of wheels. I rejected a campervan as an option because it would mean a second set of wheels. You can't haul organic nutrition for a garden with a campervan.

But most people have their rv as a seond set of wheels. That makes an extra cost. So, my question is: how long before fuel costs affect these decisions.

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:43 AM   #22

RVing is a life style. The cost of fuel has always been escalating to those of you that have been doing this a long time. If you started in the late 60's then you know what I mean. If you are still doing it then you adapt to fuel cost. would guess that old age and my ability to manuver the RV will be the deciding factor as to when we stop.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:26 AM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
I feel this has gotten completely out of hand. There so many exceuses and so much speculation and no real answers to the questions as to why this continues to happen. Who this effects most is the middle class family on a fixed income, who have no choice but to continue to commute eveyday to make a living. Most of these families are already financially strapped as it is. You start adding this kind of additional burden and the money has to come from somewhere. Where do we start cutting first? Well for me, it is going to be the rv and the truck. If I can't afford to use it, I surely am not going to continue to pay for and maintian it. I am curious as to how many people can really afford to say I can absorb the increases, vs how many are in my situation and are going to have to say get rid of it because we can't afford to absorb the increases anymore. As I see it, it will not end until it has effected the economy to the point where it may not recover, because the goverment wants to interfere where they shouldn't, and won't where they should. Who they are srewing with is the middle class who make up the largest percentage of the population, but not the largest percentage of the wealth. Okay, done ranting for today.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:19 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Rick A, I understand your feelings completely. It's not just fuel, it's everything. Our costs for everyday living just jumped 30-50% almost overnight on just about everything that we have to have to live except for wages and those have been cut 30% or more in a lot of cases. When you look at the overall picture it isn't very pretty. We were lucky in that most everything we have is paid for so all we have to do is cut down on our spending to get by but a lot of families are having to get rid of things they don't need just to survive. Unless something changes I don't see how the economy is going to continue. People have to have money to buy things before you can make and sell products.

I have the feeling that a lot more people are going to be sitting on the porch in their rocking chairs than running around the country like they thought they would when they retire. That's if they ever get to retire.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:50 AM   #25

There is no mystery about fuel prices. Prices for drugs, utilities, and fuel have all doubled or more this past 6 years. At the same time those companies have received huge tax breaks while they are literlly swiming in money. In response Congress calls oil companies in but limits questions so it's more of a social gathering. How did this happen? It's all about campaign contributions. These companies own the white house and the congress. Greed in this country is at an all time high. Even when you have more money than you could spend in 10 lifetimes you want more! Let's hope Americans wake up for the next election.

The problem is that once you own the vehicle it doesn't pay to let it sit. The depreciation alone is far greater than the increased cost of gas.

Michael
2005 Dutch Star 40 foot 4 slide
2005 BMW K 1200LT motorcycle on lift
Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:00 AM   #26

Ah Vegascpl, you are so right IMO. We know where there $ are for political campaigns all parties and more countries than just yours.

& it is about trade agreeements, interesting clauses in trade ageeements, IMO.

& how can we get them changed!!!!

?
Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:28 AM   #27

This seems to be straying away from gas prices; however, it is correct. The cost of gas affects everything. Prices on everything has skyrocketed. Politicians are committing fraud and big business have politicians in their pocket. And yes, all of this affects more than those of us in the RV community. It was said that middle income get hurts the worse. I don't think the less than middle income do very well with it either.

If you look at history, this is not a new subject. Yes, it seems to be getting worse, but the population is growing, illegal aliens seem to have more rights now than we do. America is a free enterprise country...in other words, you can charge whatever you want and nobody can say you can't.

To entice the public to buy, companies offer big discounts or grand gifts...did you ever stop to think that if they're doing that then they are over-charging in the first place?

An example. I just searched the Internet looking for a good price on a Brake Buddy. I found it on sale for $765 with no shipping costs. At Camping World, it sells for $1,300 ($1,100 if you're a member of the President's Club). What's wrong with this picture? Is the company losing money on that item because they're charging such a low price? I don't think so.

One of the problems is that some businesses don't understand retail. It is possible to make more money by selling something cheaper than try to make all your money on just one customer.

The other problem is politics. The thing is that many of our politicians need to be fired. They work for us...they're employees...YOU'RE FIRED should be the word of the day at election time, but it isn't because so-and-so is a Republican like me so I have to vote for him. Personally, get rid of the party system and we would begin to have better politicians who listened to their constituents.

If you think that gas is going to eventually go down below the $2 mark, forget it. Think back to the gas crisis of years ago when gas was only about 25% of today's price. Did it go back down after the crisis....no way. What can be done about it. Several things would help, but it's nearly impossible to get enough people behind it to make it work.

The campaign against smoking finally worked because enough people pushed it, and presented lies to further their views of it. I don't want to get into this one as it's a touchy subject, but indicative of what's happening to the U.S. As long as this is a country, these things will continue with each generation saying, "This is the worse that it's ever been."
<font color="#0000ff">George Eldridge

Cynthia Totten</font>
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:33 AM   #28

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We do not have a State Income Tax in FL, So they just doubled my Real Estate tax for 2006.
Because I added a Steel Garage for the RV, they took the opportunity to change the assesment on my property.
We pay about $2.31 for Gas, and think it is good............-Well it is better than the $3.29 I paid in Aug/Sept in the state of Washington.

You want to GO, You Pay To Go.