Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2006, 03:46 PM   #1

Well on the T.V.talk of fuel going up again can You beleive to $5.00 a gallon..What is going on?Think if say 10mpg or $5.00 to go 10miles WOW that's not good.What's Your thoughts are You ready for this.What will You do? Bushman Eh..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2006, 03:46 PM   #2

Well on the T.V.talk of fuel going up again can You beleive to $5.00 a gallon..What is going on?Think if say 10mpg or $5.00 to go 10miles WOW that's not good.What's Your thoughts are You ready for this.What will You do? Bushman Eh..
Old 01-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #3

Fuel prices have always been figured into my vacation costs. Like camping costs and food.
Higher costs in one area reduce things in other areas. Costlier fuel equal shorter distances traveled. Or less food eaten. Or camping in Wal-Mart.
Chet
Old 01-22-2006, 02:04 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Unfortunately, everything is priced around the cost of fuel. If the cost of fuel stays high long enough everything else's prices will go up as well. The cost of fuel is the fuel that inflation will use to go rampad if not bridled and handled proplerly.
It has kept us from seeing our new grandchild this past Christmas and in planning to take a trip to Sarasota, Fl. to visit family in the near future.
I am suprised that McDonalds has not gotten into the business of processing their old vegetable oil and selling it for diesel fuel!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:33 AM   #5

I would like to see how the RV industry does this next yr. I've thought of going from a popup to a claas B type RV
getting second thoughts about the whole idea.
CraigR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:54 AM   #6

Will be workamping 800 miles from home base, this Summer. Talked to CG, they are willing to help with fuel price, both ways. Only way we would agree to go. If not we would have had to fine closer CG to work at.
aerbus gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:43 AM   #7

Even if the prices didn't start rising again, it's still too expensive. Those gas stations really love to see an RV pull in...$$$! What is needed is a concerted effort to show the dealers we mean business. One way (which never seems to work) is to boycott someone like Shell...nobody buys gas at a Shell station. We go to someone like Arco which is almost always the least expensive by as much as 20¢ a gallon. This could start a gas war and prices would start dropping everywhere. Which brings up another point, why such a big variance? Don't listen to the BS, they all get their gas refined at the same places.

My brother-in-law owns a gas station and he keeps his profit margin reasonable. He's always the lowest priced in his area in NH. That's part of the problem. The station owners try to make all their money on one customer. If they lowered the price, they would get more customers and make more money. That's the way the retail business works.

Also, you might ask yourself: Where's all the oil that Bush said would pay for the war?
<font color="#0000ff">George Eldridge

Cynthia Totten</font>
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:34 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV Wizard:
I am suprised that McDonalds has not gotten into the business of processing their old vegetable oil and selling it for diesel fuel! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually they pay to have it hauled away and processed. I do not know if they make it into Bio-Diesel but it is processed into energy of some type.

Winnobego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:12 AM   #9

You may laugh but My son has a V.W.smoker and is in the building stage of installing a Bio fuel system.For burning the Fry Oil from a restrant He can have for free.His out of pocket will be about $300.when set up and running.Most of that is fuel tank or fry oil tank. LOL I will keep You posted on the results..Bushman Eh
Old 01-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #10

The price of oil and natural gas is all fake high driven up by speculation on the futures market. Also refined products are being shipped from Canada and US to overseas markets. It be a big game Scotty, beam me up.

Just got back from a month trip to Yuma and back. Diesel was anywhere from $2.29 to $3.29 (California). I would guess the average was about $2.50 a gallon.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #11

I'm afraid higher Fuel cost are a fact now. We will not see lower prices again. As to how higher it goes time will only tell.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:28 PM   #12

Driving on any freeway,interstate, or highway it is not evident fuel prices are affecting driving habits. People are still driving 5-10 mph over the speed limit, including commercial vehicles. When vehicle manufacturers obtain their mph estimates for new vehicles they get them using 48 mph for optimum mileage. It's well documented 55 mph saves fuel, but noone is interested, so it must be that fuel prices are still not high enough to be a problem for most. Motor vehicle fuel is still quite cheap compared to that bottled water most folks buy at $8 per gallon in those small 1/2L bottles.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:57 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Ray, That explains why people sip on those water bottles rather than just chug them down!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:01 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I refill my water bottle with tap water. Doesn't work so well in my fuel tank though.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote