Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2016, 02:44 AM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Full Hook Up Lots for rent in Occone County SC???

Anyone know of any Fulltime Lots for rent In Occone County SC? I know of a Few Long Term RV parks but ideally a Lot on a piece of land with hook ups would be my first Choice like a Lot that had a Home that was either torn down and the Utility's are still there to tap into? I have seen this a lot were a home may have burned down and the owners rent the lot out after putting a Pad in or just Put the camper on blocks to get the Wheels off the ground, I want somewhere I can live for a year or more, they seem to word of mouth because Classified ads are out Craigslist took over, most people are afraid to Post on the net Publicly because of scams, I dont blame them I get tired of sorting through the BS when I post something On craigslist, I have been trying to sell my Household Appliances for over a year now and get people trying to either scam me or want to pay me $200.00 for a $3000.00 Double Oven Maytag Gemini Range (Im not trying to sell here! ) this stuff needs to local the stove weighs over 300lbs, anyway back to what I am looking for I would be willing to go to a adjoining county if needed even TN or GA if its close the Oconee NC is my last choice because of my Health insurance (Long Story To much trouble to Transfer) Thanks Happy Holidays

I Have a 2005 Gulfstream 30 BHS and a 2001 Yukon, My wife has a Service animal a 6 year old Lab Belgian Shep mix that needs room to get exercise when shes not working, She is getting overweight because she has nowhere to run were we have lived the past 2 years. she was raised with her own yard for the first 4 years of her life and well that's another story
supertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2016, 12:01 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Seems like contacting a local Realtor who knows the area would be your best bet.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try this site if you know the address/zip code of the area.

Zillow: Real Estate, Apartments, Mortgages & Home Values
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #4

You'd really have to get out there and see what's available. Occone County is a quite large place with a number of medium size cities. With two large lakes, I'd think there are some commercial campgrounds in the area.

If you go just a few miles on Hwy 76 over the state line in Northeast Georgia, there are some campgrounds around Clayton and Dillard.

I suggest looking in the yellow pages online. Or find South Carolina RV dealerships that would know where all the campgrounds are. Most of the NE GA RV dealerships are closer to Atlanta--not close by.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #5

Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Try rvparky, it's an app that helps locate Rv campgrounds by city, or zip code.

John & Tonya Brown
booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:32 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First.. I plan on being in Oconee county in March,, I sing in the Choir at St. Paul's (170 Bountyland, Seneca)

Second, for the king of lot you are looking for I too recommend a real estate agent.

But in the mean time Carolina Landing RV park in Fair Play can rent you a site long term. It is a nice park though mostly 30 amps and the wi-fi is not that great. (They do have some 50 amp sites)

They also have a few leased sites,, These are 99 year leases, about 50 left as I recall.. I do not know if any are for sale but Josh will know. (Park Manager).

Directions if you need 'em.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:06 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Found A place In Tamassee :) :) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertramp View Post
Anyone know of any Fulltime Lots for rent In Occone County SC? I know of a Few Long Term RV parks but ideally a Lot on a piece of land with hook ups would be my first Choice like a Lot that had a Home that was either torn down and the Utility's are still there to tap into? I have seen this a lot were a home may have burned down and the owners rent the lot out after putting a Pad in or just Put the camper on blocks to get the Wheels off the ground, I want somewhere I can live for a year or more, they seem to word of mouth because Classified ads are out Craigslist took over, most people are afraid to Post on the net Publicly because of scams, I dont blame them I get tired of sorting through the BS when I post something On craigslist, I have been trying to sell my Household Appliances for over a year now and get people trying to either scam me or want to pay me $200.00 for a $3000.00 Double Oven Maytag Gemini Range (Im not trying to sell here! ) this stuff needs to local the stove weighs over 300lbs, anyway back to what I am looking for I would be willing to go to a adjoining county if needed even TN or GA if its close the Oconee NC is my last choice because of my Health insurance (Long Story To much trouble to Transfer) Thanks Happy Holidays

I Have a 2005 Gulfstream 30 BHS and a 2001 Yukon, My wife has a Service animal a 6 year old Lab Belgian Shep mix that needs room to get exercise when shes not working, She is getting overweight because she has nowhere to run were we have lived the past 2 years. she was raised with her own yard for the first 4 years of her life and well that's another story
I just found a place in Tamassee Full Hookups Semi Secluded $325 Mo Waster, Sewer, Electric included!!! I just have to buy LP for Heat, Cooking, and Hotwater. I was just wandering around looking at State Park Campgrounds and passed this place I was supposed how many of these affordable RV parks were in this area! I picked out a little off the Main Road hoping to avoid the Bass Terrorists that drive around these parts I think I did good the road dead ends and we will be about 1/4 miles form the end so no Thumping Bass just randomly driving by at all hours of night and day.
supertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:50 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Update.. I'm told Thousand Trails no longer does long term site leases.. (more than 2 weeks) but there are other RV parks in the area.. Most of the ones I've driven past .. Not all that attractive at least to me. But there are several.

South cove Road, there is one such park on I believe the west side of the road.

At the END of the road is a lovely county park.. Winters you may be able to get a site for a long time,, Summers no way (They are packed)

When you first get there though I would stay there for like a week while you drive your towed around to other parks to check 'em out.

Water, 30 or 50 amps (Depending on site) dump station, no wi-fi but my T-Mobrile is top speed. And a Must stay at at least for a few days park.

The wall paper on my computer.... Well.. I was parked on site one, on Site one nobody can look in the passanger side of the RV so I left that half of the front curtain open.. Looked up from the Laptop and said OMG. Grabbed my phone, stepped out the door and CLICK.
That's my wall paper.