Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Take their hint,- move.... Florida's a nice place. Big welcome sign at the border...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
We recently did this, for the actual address (most states require this, for banking, drivers license, etc) we used the rv park where we are staying for the summer, and also have a po box with the post office that is our mailing address. When we travel outside of washington we put in a change of address with the post office to our escappee mail service address, post office will do this for 6 mo (temporary change of address).
In wa state I have heard that you can also do this with UPS stores, and mailbox inc., and I do believe this provide you with a street address.
You can always change your address online, after the fact, we had to do this recently with out Dish network acct. cause we left the park that was our original "service address".
Also, talk to the rv park your in, but you could possibily leave the office with a few pre-paid postage envelopes, and they would possibility be willing to put any mail you get into an envelope and forward it, to possibily you po box.
You could also do this with a relative in wa, as others have posted.
Lissaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Go to USPS.com and do what we did for two years ...

Forward all mail to your mail service address. I was able to do it one year at a time and they even emailed me when it was time to 're-up' :-)
Old 07-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
You state: "we belong to KM RV Club and all their parks are in Washington"

Can you use one of the Club parks as your address of record? Worst they can say is "No".

You also state that: "As much as stable family in Wash. None stable and staying in the same address for more than a couple of months"

Have you tried neighbors, friends, former co-workers who DO have "stable addresses" to see if they would accept mail for you? Right now I'm an "Extended Timer". While I'm away, my neighbor gets my mail. When I call once a week, she tells me what came for me. If I'm expecting anything important, I'll call and give her a "heads up". Once a month, she'll drop the "important stuff" into one of the USPS Priority Mail Tyvec flat rate mailers and sent it to me C/O General Delivery wherever I'm going to be for a few days. This system has worked well for me the last few years. When I finally do go full time, I'll "move" to a relatives address and / or, sign up for a mail forwarding service.
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Kps

Larry and Rita,
We are feeling your pain with the state of Michigan too. Went full time last October. Changed our address for registration and driver's license at the DMV (in person) to a mail forwarding address in Michigan. No problem. Four months later, getting ready to leave Arizona, requested our mail, and received a letter from MI Dept of State that our driver's licenses are revoked due to an invalid address. Several calls and transfers and call backs later to MI Dept of State, we were reinstated using a relatives' address in MI. Did not want to burden relatives by using their address. Lived in MI over 45 years and still consider MI home but feel they don't want us, or our tax dollars. We don't know the answer either but wanted you to know it's not just WA, and you are not alone. Looked at SD and TX for residence but don't feel comfortable with either one for various reasons. Using relatives' home address in MI for now.
Kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #20

In Shelton Washington, I sold my mini farm, got a private mail box, and used that address along with my "Apt" number!

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Does USPS not offer mail forwarding?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Does USPS not offer mail forwarding?
Unless I misunderstand the O.P., the basic problem here is with his driver's license. I think that "forwarding" of that document isn't allowed.

Many such restrictions have to do with the "Real I.D." act passed by Congress some time ago. I believe most States have tightened requirements for establishing legal residency as a result of that legislation.
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #23

Postal Annex or any stores like this!

What OSP1268 said and add to that :: Does WA have Postal Annex?
They have what appears to be a street address with a suite or apt #.
Nobody knows any different.
Morgan7600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many (40+) states are like that.. From what I understand

Nevada, Texas, Flordia and SD are the exceptions, though my daughter says that in GA they have no problem whith her living in a post office box (though she and, hubby, his dog, her dog and two felines, do have an apartment).

I live.. In my brother's house far as the state knows. Actually been in it one time.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #25
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
My DW and I have lived in Washington State, and retired here, now come time to change the address on our drivers license and the title for our RV and car, Washington makes no provision for full timers that don't have property, they just said to me "Sorry can't help you---Next in line".
It seems there attitude is sell out and get out.
We talked to two clerks and a manager.
Any one have any ideas ? I know we can join Escapees and or move to South Dakota, but we belong to KM RV Club and all thier parks are in Washington, our family is here, and all our friends.
If Washington doesn't want you, why do you want to stay? As a full-timer, especially one who doesn't own property, you are free to pick any state as a domicile. Pick one like SD or TX that actually wants you. Last time I checked, residents of SD, TX, or anywhere else for that matter, are free to visit Washington any time they want for as long as they want.

We are originally from Pittsburgh, but we are now domiciled in SD. We maintained our doctors and even our bank in our old home town. We visit there all the time, too.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #26

We also use our daughters house . All our mail is delivered there, she then forward
It as needed. No problems so far.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopc View Post
We also use our daughters house . All our mail is delivered there, she then forward
It as needed. No problems so far.
Us too.
She screens mail, if bill takes pic with phone and texts to us. I pay with iPhone on credit union Bill-Pay.
Easy-peasy.

Funny that the only bill notifications I dont get via email is doctor bills.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #28

We also use America's mailbox, in SD. Works well - AND you do NOT have to MOVE to SD. You can do all by mail, except your driver's license. But why change that until it expires.
pinnacle mh is offline   Reply With Quote